Sunday 14th January, 2018
Bournemouth vs Arsenal, 13.30
Liverpool vs Man City, 16.00

Monday 15th January, 2018
Man Utd vs Stoke, 20.00

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon we will beat them. Not by much but I've got a feeling we will nick it. We were arguably the better team in thd last game up until the sending off, in feeling positive. I'd be happy with a point though. 

• Subscriber

I think we can beat them and as was said above not by much but this will be a close one. I'd wager Sadio is going into this one with something to prove after he literally ran their defense through the grinder before getting sent off.

9 hours ago, Toony said:

Swansea seem to have picked up slightly since appointing Carvalhal and his Sheffield Wednesday team beat us twice last season although I'm not sure that means anything.

I think it'll be a draw.

If I remember correctly his Sheff Wed played stifling spoiler tactics at St. James Park to get the win. Worked a treat for them as we couldn't create shit.

Given that we are worse going forward at home than last season (and we weren't great last season despite winning the league) this game has points dropped written all over it.

Thanks to Virgin Trains’ Black Friday Sale, I’m off to West Brom v Brighton on Saturday. 

It’s the clichéd “relegation six pointer” at The Hawthorns, with a win huge monkey off the backs for West Brom and an opportunity to put some breathing space between Brighton and the bottom three, should they clinch an away win. 

I hope for an entertaining game on Saturday. It’s no longer Tony Pulis tactics at West Brom and the couple of times I’ve seen Brighton on the tele this season, they’ve not looked a bad side. 

• Administrator

Screams out a draw to me that game. More entertaining than previous West Brom sides (still doesn't say much) but Brighton have done decently this season so far. Plus West Brom haven't won a league game since August. One of those where they'll expect to win to break that duck but it's a potential banana skin so to speak. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Screams out a draw to me that game. More entertaining than previous West Brom sides (still doesn't say much) but Brighton have done decently this season so far. Plus West Brom haven't won a league game since August. One of those where they'll expect to win to break that duck but it's a potential banana skin so to speak. 

Part of me hopes that a win over Exeter in the cup, yeah, I know, it’s only Exeter, will have bred some confidence and I see a slightly different West Brom side on Saturday, especially as Brighton are pretty woeful away and haven’t scored away in the league since the start of November. 

That said, Brighton aren’t exactly a disaster away. They’ve only won twice but the games they’ve lost have never been hammerings, usually a one or two goal deficit.

10 minutes ago, Toony said:

It'll be a draw I think, Brighton don't concede many really and are dangerous on the counter. They'll take a draw, must-win for West Brom though, them and Swansea are starting to become cut adrift.

Brighton haven’t scored away since 4th November (the last time they won away) and have only scored in 3 of their 11 Premier League away games this season. 

There’s a distinct possibility of a 0-0 here. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived