talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2017/18 - 12-13th January, 2018

football forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to hand it to our fans. Awful two weeks, stupid red card that cost us today despite a very good performance and they are there taking up the whole bottom tier of the side stand today at Ipswich. Unjustified result today for the team on the back of one player's lack of self discipline.

Unless we strengthen this month, we will evaporate out of the playoff picture just like last season and that was hard enough to take.

Spend some money Radrizzani. You can't sell Wood for £15m and think it will be ok. We need a striker. A proven one. Not some YouTube prodigy. End of story.

Huge win for us and we now have the momentum on Shrewsbury going into the second half of the season. In truth it was a comfortable win for us, I really wasn't impressed with Shrewsbury's quality - they work hard but lack real quality. Hopefully our quality and experience will come through over the next few months. Mulgrew, Graham and Dack are in great form right now - by far 3 of the best players in the league.

Not sure what game Phil Parkinson was watching, Bolton got themselves into good positions down the wing but by and large rarely threatened our goal due to good defending. Deserved 2-0 in the end.

I know it's only Bolton but had we of played this game in the first two months then we'd of probably drawn or lost, our game management since the first two months of the season has improved vastly and we managed to keep Bolton at bay whilst finding two goals. Improvement is there.

Good to also see Chris Mepham playing well, an academy/B team product and he's really earning a place in the starting eleven now, really not missing Harlee Dean at all now.

Glad for Neal Maupay to finally grab a goal, he's scored 8 goals now this season but went on a bit of a dry spell and of course had that horrific "miss of the season" against Cardiff. Hopefully he can gain a bit of confidence now and finish the season on a high.

42 minutes ago, Danny said:

Not sure what game Phil Parkinson was watching, Bolton got themselves into good positions down the wing but by and large rarely threatened our goal due to good defending. Deserved 2-0 in the end.

I know it's only Bolton but had we of played this game in the first two months then we'd of probably drawn or lost, our game management since the first two months of the season has improved vastly and we managed to keep Bolton at bay whilst finding two goals. Improvement is there.

Good to also see Chris Mepham playing well, an academy/B team product and he's really earning a place in the starting eleven now, really not missing Harlee Dean at all now.

Glad for Neal Maupay to finally grab a goal, he's scored 8 goals now this season but went on a bit of a dry spell and of course had that horrific "miss of the season" against Cardiff. Hopefully he can gain a bit of confidence now and finish the season on a high.

Brentford shagged us 3-0 last time out! 

Granted, we've improved a bit since then but we've still only got 1 win away all season - expecting anything other than three points for you would have been silly. 

26 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

Brentford shagged us 3-0 last time out! 

Granted, we've improved a bit since then but we've still only got 1 win away all season - expecting anything other than three points for you would have been silly. 

Yeah but you're a better outfit now than you were then, we dealt with your long balls today fairly comfortably whereas had you of played the same at the beginning of the season in the same way you'd of probably scored a couple.

On 1/14/2018 at 05:13, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Heard much regarding O'Keefe and Kennedy?

Hell yeah - Kennedy more so as he has started a fair share of games now and have even scored a few times.

O'Keefe is nearly as active in our first team, but he seems to add needed depth to our midfield.

• The topic was unpinned

Shrewsbury's goalkeeper, Dean Henderson, needs to learn to control his emotions. He got wound up easily by our fans behind his goal in the 2nd half and when he has reacted to them some of our fans have (stupidly) thrown some things on to the pitch, but he has then gone and thrown them back into the fans hitting a child. He strikes me as a similar personality to Joe Hart who gets far too involved and emotional. I don't condone the fans who threw things in the first place, but to throw them straight back (coin, bottle etc) rather than handing them to the officials is poor. He needs to learn some self-control as it won't be the last time he gets wound up by opposition fans! I remember in the away game he was time wasting and when they scored he slid on his knees right in front of the away fans. He certainly gives as good as he gets...

1 minute ago, roversgirl said:

Shrewsbury's goalkeeper, Dean Henderson, needs to learn to control his emotions. He got wound up easily by our fans behind his goal in the 2nd half and when he has reacted to them some of our fans have (stupidly) thrown some things on to the pitch, but he has then gone and thrown them back into the fans hitting a child. He strikes me as a similar personality to Joe Hart who gets far too involved and emotional. I don't condone the fans who threw things in the first place, but to throw them straight back (coin, bottle etc) rather than handing them to the officials is poor. He needs to learn some self-control as it won't be the last time he gets wound up by opposition fans! I remember in the away game he was time wasting and when they scored he slid on his knees right in front of the away fans. He certainly gives as good as he gets...

That's when it backfires on you when you do something daft like that... He could have hit anyone really and that would have been just as bad.. Like you I don't condone fans chucking stuff either but doing what he did has made a bad situation worse.. 

4 hours ago, roversgirl said:

So why haven't the club banned the morons lobbing items into the pitch? 

On 16/01/2018 at 00:01, StefBWFC said:

So why haven't the club banned the morons lobbing items into the pitch? 

They are investigating it. No such investigation into the dickhead who is Dean Henderson though and he has gone very quiet on social media. He has a lot to learn in controlling his emotions.

Archived