talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hartlepool United in financial trouble

They played in their away kit at Dagenham & Redbridge at the weekend, which isn’t a massive issue but it’s emerged that their home kit is with a dry cleaners, who won’t give the kit back till they pay their outstanding bills. 

Their players also warmed up in various bits of mismatch training gear from the club. 

It sounds grim for them. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danny Graham made a very generous donation to their appeal - I don't think he has played for them but he is from the North East and is a really decent guy. I hope for their fans that they resolve their financial difficulties as soon as possible.

We played Hartlepool a few years ago in our League One days. There were two blokes in their end with Man Utd tops on cheering against us.

They also thoroughly enjoyed our minus fifteen deduction and revelled in the fact that 'We weren't famous anymore', a hangover from the financial issues that still plagued the club.

How do you like them apples now...

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

We played Hartlepool a few years ago in our League One days. There were two blokes in their end with Man Utd tops on cheering against us.

They also thoroughly enjoyed our minus fifteen deduction and revelled in the fact that 'We weren't famous anymore', a hangover from the financial issues that still plagued the club.

How do you like them apples now...

Classy. 

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, I expected more from them to be honest. Rough lot up there.

Imagine you hate a lot of clubs then. Most have sung "you're not famous anymore" to Leeds and you're basing your thoughts of them on two blokes. Wishing poverty and admin on any club, rivals or a team hundreds of miles away, is wrong and shows a lack of class. As you know, it can happen to anyone.

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Imagine you hate a lot of clubs then. Most have sung "you're not famous anymore" to Leeds and you're basing your thoughts of them on two blokes. Wishing poverty and admin on any club, rivals or a team hundreds of miles away, is wrong and shows a lack of class. As you know, it can happen to anyone.

I am being quite tongue in cheek here which has gone over your head. I don't wish poverty or admin on any club, nor have I said that.

Equally though, I find it amusing how Football has a habit of coming back and biting you on the ass.

• 1 month later...

Hartlepool United president and Sky Sports presenter Jeff Stelling has appealed to potential investors in a desperate attempt to save the struggling National League club.

Stelling and a Teesside businessman are understood to have a fund of £1.2m, but require an additional £600,000 to pay off the club's debt and buy out current owner John Blackledge.

In an emotional plea on Wednesday, Stelling revealed that he fears "time is running out" on the team's existence.

Archived