• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 19 Fixtures - 12-15th January, 2018

football forum

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Just mentioning what’s being said in the headlines in Spain and where criticisms are originating from.  If you’re not self critical and try to paint everything like it’s Disneyland, then you’re gonna get stick from the media.  It seems people have forgotten that post-match interviews are done for the fans, not self preservation.

Yeah, it was more a joke about your fellow Arsenal brother.

• Administrator

Goal Sociedad! 

Slightly against the run of play but it was a very accurate header from Willian Jose! Takes a lot of quality to beat Ter Stegen these days and that definitely was.

• Administrator

This is impressive from Sociedad. Barca have a lot of work to do now 2-0 down.

Home side playing well and Juanmi's shot is deflected past Ter Stegen.

Something needs to change tactically by Valverde at HT at the earliest. Bring Iniesta on. Rakitic has been very underwhelming. 

Suarez has been Barcelona's best player(not like it is saying much on the night) and he's the man responsible for any potential come back thus far.

Andre Gomes off with someone on who is a bit more creative is needed.

I also think today was a game for Semedo. He's more solid defensively than Sergi Roberto. I'd have put Sergi in midfield today in fact with Semedo at right back.

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Barcelona didn’t deserve to pull one back but it’s happened and I hope Valverde sorts things out for the second period. 

This team under Valverde often only play to their best in one half, so maybe that will be the case again tonight.

The Paulinho goal certainly changes a lot. Speaking of which, I can't remember the last time Barcelona had a box to box midfielder in the mould of Paulinho.

Dembele should come on at some point as well.

• Administrator
Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

This team under Valverde often only play to their best in one half, so maybe that will be the case again tonight.

The Paulinho goal certainly changes a lot. Speaking of which, I can't remember the last time Barcelona had a box to box midfielder in the mould of Paulinho.

Dembele should come on at some point as well.

agreed. on tonight's showing they need an injection of pace and creativity.

• Administrator

no disrespect to him but how is Gomes still on the pitch?

Barca really upping the intensity and pressure now. Has to pay off as Sociedad will be dangerous on the counter

• Administrator

Proper sign of champions to win at a notoriously tough ground to go to, not come back from 2 goals down to win there in decades, and come from behind to be victorious.

Forget the obvious points gap between Barca and the rest of the sides, this is a great win in itself. 26 games unbeaten.

Brilliant comeback from Barça but that Paulinho goal took the steam out of La Real and put doubts into their heads.  That’s the main reason Barcelona could come out into that second half and wait for their moments which they did in great form.  You can’t rule out anything with players like Suárez and most of all Messi when things are on a knife edge.

Luis Suárez’ one touch curler was absolutely sublime and a touch that only world class players can execute when the cards are on the table. Then Messi’s free-kick may seem like Rulli should’ve or could’ve done more, but if you see where the wall is situated and by the time he gets to see it, it’s too late to react.

A MASSIVE victory!  The last time Barça won away to La Real in La Liga was with Rijkaard as coach and even then victories at their place have always been sparse.  Everyone was expecting Barcelona to lose or at most draw today which was why the Madrid based cavern were so upset yesterday by thinking they would’ve made three points on Barcelona before today’s game was played.

Wonderful win and for the players in the squad that have been there a long time, this will fill them with even more confidence than winning at the Santiago Bernabéu, trust me!

Fantastic second half performance and a sign of a side that can achieve big things. I was expecting it to all be lost at 2-0. The Paulinho goal changed everything going into half time for me and I had a feeling a come back was on the cards at that point. Suarez' best allround performance for ages and messi's free-kick was nice. It's a shame he couldn't get more venom on that volley after the turn though, or it would have been a quality goal.

I can't believe la Real are 15th as they are far better than that and have one of the best squads in la liga outside of Barcelona, Atletico, Real and Valencia. They should be doing a lot better. But maybe the problem is the extra games on Thursday nights in the Europa league which seems to affect a lot of teams. When you look at their squad, they should be winning more than they lose. Illarramendi, WIllian Jose, Prieto, Martinez, Rulli, Odriozola, Canales, Zurutuza, Agirretxe(when fit and at his best), Juanmi...

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Luis Suárez’ one touch curler was absolutely sublime and a touch that only world class players can execute when the cards are on the table.

Before he even scored, I pictured that Eto'o goal in my head for a second, then he actually went and did it.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived