talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsène Wenger

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So so sad it's come to all of this, honestly.

The fans should actually turn on the board as they're the ones to blame on it all.

The board arent at games apart from Gazidis. another problem. Its quite laughable when people say Arsenal is a very well run club xD. Its probably one of the worst top run clubs in Europe, but the profit making from the side of the business is good, people need to stop using the term club is football related which is so out of date at Arsenal.

1 minute ago, VanPanna said:

The board arent at games apart from Gazidis. another problem. Its quite laughable when people say Arsenal is a very well run club xD

It is run well in terms of making profits using a sporting brandname without actually having to be successful within its field.  I actually think it's one of the most successful business models in this sense of the 21st century.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

It is run well in terms of making profits using a sporting brandname without actually having to be successful within its field.  I actually think it's one of the most successful business models in this sense of the 21st century.

Yea but the Term club is related to football and that is so behind at Arsenal to all the top teams in Europe.  Arsenal PLc is very successful, Arsenal FC isnt.

5 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Yea but the Term club is related to football and that is so behind at Arsenal to all the top teams in Europe.  Arsenal PLc is very successful, Arsenal FC isnt.

That's what I'm saying though mate...

The club is extremely successful and matches all the top clubs in terms of relative revenue while using its sports bran which is Arsenal FC.  We aren't successful in our actual field which is football but we aren't miles behind even massive entities like Barça, Real, Bayern or Man Utd when you think relatively.

We are run 100% like a business and to give a simple analogy, you have clothing brands...  Some compete with the top brands supplying the same quality goods at a higher markup price because of their brandname.  They don't have to be the actual best in their field to actually be up there in amongst them when exposure is in question.  Undeserved?  Yes, but that's the business market in its purest simplicity where productivity and success is focussed on.

14 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

You also have clubs who spend more than Arsenal, are financially poorly ran and are no better if not worse than Arsenal.

In Wenger we trust.:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

Actually there are indeed quite a few clubs that are or have been run terribly financially and maintained their competitiveness (competitiveness  in terms of contending to win a title and not being a contender for the top four).

Like I said, it's not all his fault because he's been enabled by the board.

Sorry MadLad, but here comes some more...

I'm not bothering to post on the match day thread because it's a mess where everything is condensed into one sole thread.  I like each individual match in its own thread.

Anyway...

You know when you see your child playing with matches or a lighter, you warn them of what can occur (I take it off them and TELL them what's what). Well that's where my consistency on my moaning stakes comes from.  You could see this coming and only because we were winning that false trophy (top four) season upon season, this man was surviving.

He has apparently had a fresh contract on the table waiting to be signed all season...  Is it still there?  Boy would I love to be able to be in those boardroom meetings.

How anyone can defend this is beyond me.  It's a mess!  We have a collection of players that are a part of something that's totally unbalanced and then add to the mix that they're not motivated which is totally down to a coach/manager historically.  Here we're not talking from one season to the next where a bunch of players within the squad cause a coup and the deck of cards comes tumbling down.  Here we're talking about over ten years of mediocrity.

I'm not even gonna get all I want with the departure of Arsene Wenger.  I want various of the characters within the board including Stan Kroenke out!  It's not enough for Arsene's head to be on the chopping block..  He's as much if not more to blame than all of them because he's been party to all of this knowingly.

Finally...  The worst damned are the ridiculous fans we have from the radicals against Wenger to those that keep hush or have defended him. There have been very few in the middle that have been balanced enough to offer quality arguments so as to force things to happen.  Nobody in power listens to radicals marching on the street...  They pretend to do so, but really they just think they're peasants.  And those that blindly defend are laughed at behind closed doors at what's being offered in dribs and drabs.  It's hard, I know!  But it's pure unadulterated sociology.

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It's not nice seeing a club turn in each other, fans arguing, players clearly unhappy, you just want a resolution. I think Wenger will go now, I don't see how it can be healthy for him to stay.

Looking in from the outside and as a third party (being a fan of another club), do you see that Wenger should go? (please try and dismiss whatever the rhetoric of what Wenger is supposed to mean in English football).

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Looking in from the outside and as a third party (being a fan of another club), do you see that Wenger should go? (please try and dismiss whatever the rhetoric of what Wenger is supposed to mean in English football).

Yes. I think he should definitely go now, I think for the first time it's clear he has key players are not with him. You may well recover and clinch 4th, but it's not enough now, I don't think he can use the age old excuses. Arsenal should be competing for the title, but they haven't been for a long time now. It's sad it's come to this, it's not entirely down to him and I have sympathy for his position but then I think about his wage packet, he's not someone slaving away for nothing. 

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Yes. I think he should definitely go now, I think for the first time it's clear he has key players are not with him. You may well recover and clinch 4th, but it's not enough now, I don't think he can use the age old excuses. Arsenal should be competing for the title, but they haven't been for a long time now. It's sad it's come to this, it's not entirely down to him and I have sympathy for his position but then I think about his wage packet, he's not someone slaving away for nothing. 

Believe me if Arsenal go on a good run from now on and if they do get the 4th place trophy then there is nothing stopping wenger from signing a new contract. All the humiliations so far this season will be forgotten and it will be considered as the best ever thing since sliced bread by wenger in brigade.

It's like anything in life when you suddenly feel comfortable with how things are and the old saying "Stay calm, carry on".

The club has been run 100% like a business and the sporting side to it (the football team) has been the publicity tool in all of it.  Being a Premier League club with the way it's marketed like a product is massive, being a club that is constantly in amongst the top teams all season is a further boost (without actually trying hard to win the actual thing) and getting into the Champions League (the biggest marketed football tournament which also includes any league) is the icing on the cake.  You can't lose if it's consistent where making money is concerned.   Add to all of this the modern football fan (the younger generations) and they get drawn into it.  A very big proportion of the fans we have were either very young the last time we won the league or weren't even born.  Another thing in all of that is that so many of them won't have proper recollections of what another manager was all about in realtime.  How can they have a valid opinion?  They speak nonsense!

• Administrator

think it's pathetic of the players to not play for the manager any more. after all Wenger has done for them and the club, it's disgusting how the players are treating him and not bothering to play properly. 

Image result for snake

13 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

think it's pathetic of the players to not play for the manager any more. after all Wenger has done for them and the club, it's disgusting how the players are treating him and not bothering to play properly. 

Image result for snake

How you lot doing under Snakespeare?

:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

Image result for snake

hahaha... ;):shoot:

The difference in this case is that Arsenal were already a massive club before Wenger arrived (some Arsenal fans are still shocked and don't believe it when told this) and had won countless titles.  Arsene Wenger has also been at the club for 20 years and had a decade of mediocrity!

In another example elsewhere 9_9, there's a club that hadn't ever won much if anything at all, and suddenly won the biggest domestic prize of them all.  That moment hadn't even made 12 months before "the players" (never has it been more obvious) decided to design a coup (some of them it seems, not all).

Even accepting that some Arsenal players have done this (it can't be discounted and I wouldn't disbelieve it although no stories or assumptions have been released yet that I know of), then it's completely understandable from my perspective because they obviously feel that being part of the top four isn't what a "top end" footballer's career should be about.

Just now, StanLCFC said:

'design a coup'. brilliant xD 

It isn't brilliant mate...  It's disgusting!  They should be ashamed of themselves...  They could at least have made it all look more realistic by going a few games in a dodgy manner before suddenly coming back to last season's form and displays. In the that case...  It's all about wanting to do something or another.  At least you must have this feeling of assuring now that it wasn't all a fluke.

Archived