• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsène Wenger

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JS123661589-wenger-sport-xlarge_trans_Nv

Arsène Wenger will tell Arsenal he wants to stay beyond this season

Arsène Wenger wants to stay on at Arsenal beyond the end of the season and remains convinced that he can lead the club out of their worst period in his 21 years as manager.

Wenger revealed after Saturday’s chastening defeat at West Bromwich Albion that he had decided his future and, while the club are well aware of his desire to fight on, a ­final decision has not been signed off and will be “mutual”.

There is no sense that Arsenal have withdrawn the two-year ­contract proposal that was drawn up – and an announcement now appears more a question of timing than intent – but the situation could conceivably still change if the side’s alarming slide continues.

Wenger said that he would communicate a decision on his future “very soon” but no announcement is planned in the current two-week international break and his focus is to arrest an unprecedented sequence during his tenure of four defeats in five Premier League games.

He is also facing deepening uncertainty about his two star players, with Alexis Sánchez seeming ­certain to depart this summer Mesut Özil expected to join up with Germany on Monday despite missing Saturday’s match with a hamstring injury.

JS122828300_arsene-wenger-sport-large_tr

Telegraph Sport understands that Özil has turned down a contract offer of more than £200,000 a week and it is thought he was originally in Wenger’s starting line-up for Saturday’s game before being replaced by Aaron Ramsey. Arsenal have stressed that Özil did start training on Friday but was unable to complete the session.  Özil also missed the defeat by Liverpool on March 4.

Despite all the off-field uncertainty, Wenger also remains deeply involved with longer-term ­planning and the club are sizing up candidates for a wider sporting director role ahead of the expected departure of transfer negotiator Dick Law.

Arsenal have dropped to sixth in the Premier League following a ­sequence that has seen them concede 21 goals in seven Premier League – two of their three wins since Jan 28 have come against Sutton United and Lincoln City in the FA Cup – but Wenger said that his ­future did not depend solely on finishing in the top four.

JS123663906_alexis-sanchez-sport-xlarge_

“It will not necessarily be linked with that because I’ve done the top four 20 times. It’s more... it’s not that,” he said. “I take a bigger perspective. It’s not the last result that will decide what I will do.”

The atmosphere in the away end at the Hawthorns was toxic and as Wenger boarded the team coach he was booed by some Arsenal fans.

When asked about the protests, which included an aeroplane flying overhead with the words “No ­Contract #WengerOut”, he said: “Everybody in life is responsible for his own behaviour. I’m responsible for my own behaviour. I don’t judge other people. I give my best. As long as I’m at the club, whether for two more years, 10 years or four months, that will not be different.”

West Brom manager Tony Pulis also predicted that Wenger would stay, although it appeared tongue in cheek when he claimed that the Frenchman had “told me” his decision.

Pulis, Wenger’s old nemesis, has lost only one home game from his past eight meetings with Arsenal, and this ­triumph rarely looked in doubt in front of West Brom’s ­Chinese owner, Guochuan Lai. ­Albion, typically well organised and resilient, now possess players to sprinkle the stardust.

Beating their best Premier League finish of 49 points is certainly achievable.

Craig Dawson punished woeful defending with the first goal after 12 minutes and Sánchez’s tidy finish – against the backdrop noise of aeroplane propellers overhead – did not knock West Brom off course.

JS123652000_arsene-wenger-sport-large_tr

Hal Robson-Kanu added the hosts’ second goal 74 seconds after ­coming on before Dawson exposed Arsenal again with an identical goal to the first, from another brilliant set-piece 15 minutes from time.

In an indictment of Wenger’s preparations for the game, West Brom defender Jonny Evans admitted they were always confident of exposing Arsenal.

“I think sometimes you’ve got a psychological feeling going into a game and especially from set-­pieces,” he said. “Were we confident because it was Arsenal? I think so.” See you again next season, ­Arsène?

Arsene Wenger will tell Arsenal he wants to stay beyond this season 

That above I got from The Telegraph this morning.  I still don't believe it and I think it's speculation... It wouldn't be the first time the papers get something like this wrong and I'm really hoping that it isn't true.

If true, then Arsene's arrogance and Arsenal FC's blatant disregard would be blatantly there to see for everyone.  Also if true, then I would personally join the vocal bandwagon against him even though I hate being a party to that sort of thing in cases such as these.  I know of many many other Arsenal fans that have only grumbled publicly like myself that will do as I've just said.  I couldn't give a damn if Arsenal do go on a winning run from here on until the end of the season and coupled with an FA Cup victory.  I, in my mind know that with him and other things about the club, will just continue to be the same.

26 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That above I got from The Telegraph this morning.  I still don't believe it and I think it's speculation... It wouldn't be the first time the papers get something like this wrong and I'm really hoping that it isn't true.

If true, then Arsene's arrogance and Arsenal FC's blatant disregard would be blatantly there to see for everyone.  Also if true, then I would personally join the vocal bandwagon against him even though I hate being a party to that sort of thing in cases such as these.  I know of many many other Arsenal fans that have only grumbled publicly like myself that will do as I've just said.  I couldn't give a damn if Arsenal do go on a winning run from here on until the end of the season and coupled with an FA Cup victory.  I, in my mind know that with him and other things about the club, will just continue to be the same.

Anything is possible with Arsenal, Gazidis probably thinks what are the fans moaning about, we are in the FA Cup semi final and only 6 points behind 2nd place.  The whole board and Wenger himself couldnt give a shit about the fans they really couldn't.   Wenger is now making this whole thing about himself and again its making him look like an idiot, in his recent interview talking about his future and then the puzzled look why Arsenal are in the worst form in his whole Arsenal career, he is just so deluded.  He got tactically out done by Tony Pulis which should be a sackable offence as it is. 

34 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Anything is possible with Arsenal, Gazidis probably thinks what are the fans moaning about, we are in the FA Cup semi final and only 6 points behind 2nd place.  The whole board and Wenger himself couldnt give a shit about the fans they really couldn't.   Wenger is now making this whole thing about himself and again its making him look like an idiot, in his recent interview talking about his future and then the puzzled look why Arsenal are in the worst form in his whole Arsenal career, he is just so deluded.  He got tactically out done by Tony Pulis which should be a sackable offence as it is. 

This business about it being "our worst" ever season under Wenger is rubbish although even then he's constantly defended things are progressing in the past and that he is taking the club in the right direction.  We've qualified for the top four on the final day of the season on various occasions if I recall correctly and anyhow...  That top four scenario isn't something I want to get involved in because it means very little to me as it's a false sense of satisfaction.  I won't be sold bullshit.

44 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This business about it being "our worst" ever season under Wenger is rubbish although even then he's constantly defended things are progressing in the past and that he is taking the club in the right direction.  We've qualified for the top four on the final day of the season on various occasions if I recall correctly and anyhow...  That top four scenario isn't something I want to get involved in because it means very little to me as it's a false sense of satisfaction.  I won't be sold bullshit.

I dont think it is Arsenal's worst season but it is Arsene Wenger's, he is getting tactically out done now but so many managers, even teams like Watford are able to have a plan to beat Arsenal.

5 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

I dont think it is Arsenal's worst season but it is Arsene Wenger's, he is getting tactically out done now but so many managers, even teams like Watford are able to have a plan to beat Arsenal.

We've been on negative runs under Arsene Wenger in the past, runs similar to this one mate. The difference is that he was questioned by so few back then that it didn't make any significative noise. Many had doubts though, although those doubters just whispered. 

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We've been on negative runs under Arsene Wenger in the past, runs similar to this one mate. The difference is that he was questioned by so few back then that it didn't make any significative noise. Many had doubts though, although those doubters just whispered. 

That is because Tottenham have got stronger and are going to move into a new stadium and will be more advanced then Arsenal.

14 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

That is because Tottenham have got stronger and are going to move into a new stadium and will be more advanced then Arsenal.

What's this personal battle against Tottenham Hotspur?

I couldn't give a damn about them or what they're doing. Arsenal should be building to compete and not to stay above Spurs.

I grew out of that when I was 17. 

32 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

No, it is the worst run under him. We have never lost 4 in the last 5 league games under him, last time we did it is 1995 in the time we were a smaller club pre-Wenger. And the fanbase has never been as embarrassing before, ArsenalFanTV has really been a curse. It's all pretty terrible right now.

38 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What's this personal battle against Tottenham Hotspur?

I couldn't give a damn about them or what they're doing. Arsenal should be building to compete and not to stay above Spurs.

I grew out of that when I was 17. 

Yes I know but the new type of fans it is all what matters to them, that is why there are more people coming out now against Wenger, Tottenham will soon be too far ahead to be caught up and also the feat from those fans that Tottenham will become more powerful when they move in to their stadium.   Finishing 4th and finishing above Spurs is all what those fans know, they weren't around when Arsenal were winning leagues,   The Emirates really has destroyed the club of its Football and the mediocre stance and some fans have who have just settled it for it over the years. 

21 minutes ago, 6666 said:

No, it is the worst run under him. We have never lost 4 in the last 5 league games under him, last time we did it is 1995 in the time we were a smaller club pre-Wenger. And the fanbase has never been as embarrassing before, ArsenalFanTV has really been a curse. It's all pretty terrible right now.

Arsenal fan TV is only really 10-15 fans, The Emirates has been a curse! the whole thing about that place stinks.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, it's not the manager or the players. It's the 20 people that go on that YouTube channel. :dam:

Try and read what I said rather than pick one part, use it out of context and think you're smart. I was pointing out that it makes things worse and if you think ArsenalFanTV doesn't have a wider influence on the idiots that view it then you seriously are naive.

The only idiots on Arsenal Fan TV are the ones who continue to defend Wenger at all costs. DT, Moh,  blud/fam, and the majority of them are season ticket holders and go to every game home and away, even for Champions League. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The only idiots on Arsenal Fan TV are the ones who continue to defend Wenger at all costs. DT, Moh,  blud/fam, and the majority of them are season ticket holders and go to every game home and away, even for Champions League. 

I doubt Wenger pays too much attention to any criticism whatsoever, everyone that has questioned him has left the club.  Fans don't mean anything to him, he is just a dictator. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Going home and away doesn't somehow stop them from being brain dead stupid. Please don't use bullshit "football logic". 

1 minute ago, VanPanna said:

I doubt Wenger pays too much attention to any criticism whatsoever, everyone that has questioned him has left the club.  Fans don't mean anything to him, he is just a dictator.

This is why it's hard to take you guys seriously. Questioning Wenger being the manager next season is more than fair but being over dramatic in trying to paint him as a villainous figure makes you look embarrassing and massively childish.

4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

This is why it's hard to take you guys seriously. Questioning Wenger being the manager next season is more than fair but being over dramatic in trying to paint him as a villainous figure makes you look embarrassing and massively childish.

And blaming Arsenal fan TV for being the curse of Arsenal  xDxD

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Going home and away doesn't somehow stop them from being brain dead stupid. Please don't use bullshit "football logic". 

Brain Dead Stupid? In what part in the videos below are categorised in that? Seems to me, and practically the majority, feel there is actually some sense to what their talking about. 

2 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

And blaming Arsenal fan TV for being the curse of Arsenal  xDxD

You seriously have issues understanding what people say or you just cherry pick parts of what people say and use them out of context to make yourself feel smart.

No wonder you and SirBalon hold hands in every thread. Incapable of approaching subjects in a sensible manner.

Archived