talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsène Wenger

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

You seriously have issues understanding what people say or you just cherry pick parts of what people say and use them out of context to make yourself feel smart.

No wonder you and SirBalon hold hands in every thread. Incapable of approaching subjects in a sensible manner.

ArsenalFanTV has really been a curse. It's all pretty terrible right now.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Brain Dead Stupid? In what part in the videos below are categorised in that? Seems to me, and practically the majority, feel there is actually some sense to what their talking about. 

The cliché lines and the pretense of having knowledge about everyone's thinking and everyone's motivations from DT might impress you but in my opinion it just shows him out to be an overly self important, social media famous, delusional knobhead.

As I've said, saying Wenger shouldn't be here next season is fair and a debate about it could be had but definitely not with someone who's an ignoramus.

3 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

ArsenalFanTV has really been a curse. It's all pretty terrible right now.

As I've said, taking things out of context and pretending I've said nothing else and that it's all down to these morons on YouTube that you worship. Yeah, that's what happened... fucking hell.

8 minutes ago, 6666 said:

The cliché lines and the pretense of having knowledge about everyone's thinking and everyone's motivations from DT might impress you but in my opinion it just shows him out to be an overly self important, social media famous, delusional knobhead.

As I've said, saying Wenger shouldn't be here next season is fair and a debate about it could be had but definitely not with someone who's an ignoramus.

Clear ad hominem mate.  What is it that he's saying isn't true? Can you support your counter argument? 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Clear ad hominem mate.  What is it that he's saying isn't true? Can you support your counter argument? 

It's not that his sentiments are untrue as I've said myself, wanting Wenger to move on is a fair comment. What makes him and the other clowns on there look stupid is their level of importance they put on themselves and what they think. Pretending that the club's being held hostage and they're the hero in this film they have going on in their heads.

"I won't stop, the banners and planes will keep coming"... If that doesn't make you just cringe then that's unfortunate. These guys are absolute clowns lost in their escapism with no sense of reality.

Foursix, I get what you are saying but this looks like the fans' last resort since no "failure" makes Wenger to step down. Keeping the banners coming is the only way to make their voice heard, isnt it? Not sure why you think that should make people cringe. Do they have any other option? If there are no protests do you think the board or the manager himself will step down and get a new guy? 

20 minutes ago, 6666 said:

It's not that his sentiments are untrue as I've said myself, wanting Wenger to move on is a fair comment. What makes him and the other clowns on there look stupid is their level of importance they put on themselves and what they think. Pretending that the club's being held hostage and they're the hero in this film they have going on in their heads.

"I won't stop, the banners and planes will keep coming"... If that doesn't make you just cringe then that's unfortunate. These guys are absolute clowns lost in their escapism with no sense of reality.

Again, this is clear ad hominem. Attacking him rather than his position. Unless you agree with what he is saying, but disagree with how he is saying it?

DT is an Arsenal Season ticket holder I believe and I don't find what he says to be out of order other than the disrespectful remarks towards Wenger. With the prices they pay for the absolute mediocrity they've witnessed for 12 years, and the fact the fans aren't seen more than a means of profit, I can't see why the banners or planes are seen as cringeworthy when all they want is to be heard? When the hierarchy of the club continue to have that lack of ambition and settling for 4th every year as a means of success, you're mad if you think there will be no outcry from the fans, especially those that spend the majority of their paychecks to watch the club every year. Also heard rumors Wenger will be given a 2 year deal. For what? Even West Brom were chanting for Wenger to stay. 

Arsenal Season Ticket = £1,014 

Bayern Munich Season Ticket = £104.48

10-2

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Again, this is clear ad hominem. Attacking him rather than his position. Unless you agree with what he is saying, but disagree with how he is saying it?

DT is an Arsenal Season ticket holder I believe and I don't find what he says to be out of order other than the disrespectful remarks towards Wenger. With the prices they pay for the absolute mediocrity they've witnessed for 12 years, and the fact the fans aren't seen more than a means of profit, I can't see why the banners or planes are seen as cringeworthy when all they want is to be heard? When the hierarchy of the club continue to have that lack of ambition and settling for 4th every year as a means of success, you're mad if you think there will be no outcry from the fans, especially those that spend the majority of their paychecks to watch the club every year. Also heard rumors Wenger will be given a 2 year deal. For what? Even West Brom were chanting for Wenger to stay. 

Arsenal Season Ticket = £1,014 

Bayern Munich Season Ticket = £104.48

10-2

Was me saying that "not wanting Wenger to be the manager next season is fair but painting Wenger as a villainous character is embarrassing" the giveaway?

The ticket prices comparison with Bayern Munich is another idiotic form of arguing. Ticket prices are based on what you can get people to pay and that has always been the case, if these idiots wanted to protest ticket prices (which is a different point to why they say they're protesting) then they wouldn't validate the prices by paying the price. It's backwards but that's a whole other discussion.

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Was me saying that "not wanting Wenger to be the manager next season is fair but painting Wenger as a villainous character is embarrassing" the giveaway?

The ticket prices comparison with Bayern Munich is another idiotic form of arguing. Ticket prices are based on what you can get people to pay and that has always been the case, if these idiots wanted to protest ticket prices (which is a different point to why they say they're protesting) then they wouldn't validate the prices by paying the price. It's backwards but that's a whole other discussion.

Ad hominem now red herring? Just answer the question mate. Do you agree that a change needs to be made in the manager and hierarchy? 

And the ticket prices only reflect on how the club view their fans, nothing more than a means of profit. With these prices you'd expect to compete with the top clubs, not settle for 4th as the main source of success for 12 years running.  They pay those prices because they love the club, but when they are getting dumped 10-2 on aggregate against a club that charges nearly 90% less, it just begs the question. 

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Ad hominem now red herring? Just answer the question mate. Do you agree that a change needs to be made in the manager and hierarchy? 

And the ticket prices only reflect on how the club view their fans, nothing more than a means of profit. With these prices you'd expect to compete with the top clubs, not settle for 4th as the main source of success for 12 years running.  They pay those prices because they love the club, but when they are getting dumped 10-2 on aggregate against a club that charges nearly 90% less, it just begs the question. 

Red herring? Maybe you should pay attention to what I'm saying rather than get sucked into VanPanna's games. My issue that I've stated in this thread with certain types of people is the way in which they're trying to deliver their message and not their message itself.

My personal opinion isn't one which is stubborn to one side. It's why I can be so objective and without agenda. B| A different manager coming in next season makes sense and I hope the team does well, the same manager being there next season means no major changes but I'll still hope the team does well rather than hoping they fail to validate any sort of opinion because of hatred towards someone over football results. It's called being rational.

As for the ticket prices, you come across as naive. They reflect supply and demand, the willingness of people to pay a certain amount. Nothing more. If fans don't think it's worth it (which is fair because the prices are ridiculous) then don't pay it, you're being complicit in keeping the prices high. You can't have your cake and eat it.

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

From the Mirror. 

ticket prices.JPG

So the whole season ticket prices v's Bayern Munich doesn't stand up much then does it?

Anyway, this is a board issue and not an Arsene Wenger one. It's not Wenger's fault that Arsenal season tickets are through the roof. 

Lets see what happens when Wenger leaves shall we? Because I've a feeling that absolutely nothing will change, that another yes man will be brought in that is good at buying potential, balancing the books, without spending too much money. 

This is the reason the owners don't want to get rid of Wenger! Why would they if all they want to do is make endless millions of pounds? Wenger is absolutely perfect for that kind of model! 

11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So the whole season ticket prices v's Bayern Munich doesn't stand up much then does it?

Anyway, this is a board issue and not an Arsene Wenger one. It's not Wenger's fault that Arsenal season tickets are through the roof. 

Lets see what happens when Wenger leaves shall we? Because I've a feeling that absolutely nothing will change, that another yes man will be brought in that is good at buying potential, balancing the books, without spending too much money. 

This is the reason the owners don't want to get rid of Wenger! Why would they if all they want to do is make endless millions of pounds? Wenger is absolutely perfect for that kind of model! 

It's a reflection in how poor Arsenals standards are if they are charging that much yet settle for mediocrity. If a European giant is charging nearly 90% less yet always competes in Europe and wins constant league titles, it shows ambition and a built positive relationship with their fans because they understand the fans are the most important thing for a club. What does it say about Arsenal if they set their prices through the roof yet only settle for the bare minimum? Does that really show they care about their fans?

Well mate I did mention that a change in the board is a must as well. 

But as of now, changing the manager is the first thing. The players clearly don't want to play for him and Wenger clearly doesn't motivate them. Look at Conte and Klopp, shouting at their players the entire 90. Then there is Wenger, sulking on the bench twiddling his thumbs.  There's such a negative and poor mentality as well. Why do they always collapse midway through the season? 

Forgot who said it, but the premier league is always unexpected. Except Arsenal. 

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Look at Conte and Klopp, shouting at their players the entire 90. Then there is Wenger, sulking on the bench twiddling his thumbs.

Another bullshit, football logic argument that also shows a lot of ignorance. Screaming and shouting at the team doesn't somehow make the team play better and suggesting Wenger never shows any emotion on the touchline shows the ignorance of people that buy into the agenda driven clowns on twitter that take a frame and put all their attention on to it. WHERE'S THE PASHUNN!!

Nosensical reasoning is what ruins the credibility of the most vocal. You can have a negative opinion on how things are done without having to become desperate in looking for validation.

9 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Another bullshit, football logic argument that also shows a lot of ignorance. Screaming and shouting at the team doesn't somehow make the team play better and suggesting Wenger never shows any emotion on the touchline shows the ignorance of people that buy into the agenda driven clowns on twitter that take a frame and put all their attention on to it. WHERE'S THE PASHUNN!!

Nosensical reasoning is what ruins the credibility of the most vocal. You can have a negative opinion on how things are done without having to become desperate in looking for validation.

Nice little nit picking you did there. How come you didn't quote what I said about  the negative and poor mentality you lot show midway through the season the past 12 years? What's that down to? Matter of fact, what form of motivation does Wenger show? Managers directing their players and instructing the team the entire 90 gives a pretty good indication that the manager actually cares. When you are getting spanked 2-10 and losing to West Brom whilst the opposition fans are wishing for your manager to stay, yet Wenger sits firmly on his seat, what does that show? You obviously do so enlighten me. 

41 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well we'll never know what will happen to the club until he doesn't leave. I genuinely think of the right decisions are made the club will absolutely thrive. The boards only real fault for me is they are far too loyal to Wenger.

I can tell you if things do not improve when Wenger does eventually leave there will be an all out assault on the board.

For me I still believe Wenger is the real problem, I think he has been given every opportunity to prove himself and has kept failing to do it.

Just now, Cicero said:

Nice little nit picking you did there. How come you didn't quote what I said about  the negative and poor mentality you lot show midway through the season the past 12 years? What's that down to? Matter of fact, what form of motivation does Wenger show? Managers directing their players and instructing the team the entire 90 gives a pretty good indication that the manager actually cares. When you are getting spanked 2-10 and losing to West Brom whilst the opposition fans are wishing for the manager to stay, yet Wenger sits firmly on his seat, what does that show? You obviously do so enlighten me. 

I've already pointed out that this whole "he never gets up from his seat or shouts from the touchline" criticism isn't even true. It's as if he has never gotten in trouble on the touchline when he regularly does but let's just ignore that because you saw a meme on twitter...  Either way, this whole "managers need to be constant psychos on the touchline" doesn't hold up. How did your team hold up when things were going terribly last season under Mourinho constantly throwing tantrums? He manage to turn things around...? 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

From the Mirror. 

ticket prices.JPG

Having looked at this irrelevant argument that you brought into the equation and having done a bit of research. Arsenal season tickets include 26 games, 19 home league games and the first 7 Champions League/FA Cup home games which works out at £39 per game. Tottenham's includes 21 games, 19 home league games and the first 2 domestic cup home games (usually League Cup) which works out at £36.43 per game. Chelsea's includes the 19 home league games which works out at £39.47 per game. Maybe it'd be better if the low end press decided to present things in a less disingenuous manner but that might not result in as much hysteria as the difference isn't that big.

Seems more a case of it being a standard price for a big London club in the Premier League rather than "OMG Arsenal only see fans as money, they should be more like Chelsea who value their fans".

3 hours ago, 6666 said:

Try and read what I said rather than pick one part, use it out of context and think you're smart. I was pointing out that it makes things worse and if you think ArsenalFanTV doesn't have a wider influence on the idiots that view it then you seriously are naive.

I picked that part out because the statement made it unusually a stand out point. You said it and I thought it was humorous.

Just because you don't agree with the way come people may manifest their point of view doesn't make stupid. You are a type of fan while I am another. 

55 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I picked that part out because the statement made it unusually a stand out point. You said it and I thought it was humorous.

Just because you don't agree with the way come people may manifest their point of view doesn't make stupid. You are a type of fan while I am another. 

The problem I am seeing is that the Pro Wenger fans are a bit like the lefty type of people you are seeing in the world right now, they are the ones that are against Brexit as well as Anti Trump. They are used to establishments and also afraid of change, they are also the ones that get angry and try to come back with insults with people that don't agree with them, like a poster we have here.

38 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

The problem I am seeing is that the Pro Wenger fans are a bit like the lefty type of people you are seeing in the world right now, they are the ones that are against Brexit as well as Anti Trump. They are used to establishments and also afraid of change, they are also the ones that get angry and try to come back with insults with people that don't agree with them, like a poster we have here.

The issue here is your lack of sense behind your arguments. And you're really not doing yourself any favours with your analogies but I can see why you do like Trump. No complex thought, relies on and spreads disingenuous information, terrible level of vocabulary and gets easily lead by conspiracy theories.

Debates working relies on understanding what someone is saying which you're incapable of doing. I've said many times wanting Wenger out isn't what's making you look stupid as that's a fair stance to take, the way you're trying to validate that stance is however making you look stupid. You unfortunately don't understand the difference and that's the frustrating part.

"He's a dictator because he's making decisions as a manager while being manager, why doesn't he listen to my ideas?". "Results aren't going well so that means he doesn't want to do well". "He's a crook because he has a contract with the club paying him a certain amount of money". "Why isn't he building a wall to keep out the ticket prices?"

Just try to make sense for fuck's sake.

3 hours ago, 6666 said:

Having looked at this irrelevant argument that you brought into the equation and having done a bit of research. Arsenal season tickets include 26 games, 19 home league games and the first 7 Champions League/FA Cup home games which works out at £39 per game. Tottenham's includes 21 games, 19 home league games and the first 2 domestic cup home games (usually League Cup) which works out at £36.43 per game. Chelsea's includes the 19 home league games which works out at £39.47 per game. Maybe it'd be better if the low end press decided to present things in a less disingenuous manner but that might not result in as much hysteria as the difference isn't that big.

Seems more a case of it being a standard price for a big London club in the Premier League rather than "OMG Arsenal only see fans as money, they should be more like Chelsea who value their fans".

Talk about irrelevant xD

Nice little edit job btw

Archived