talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal and the contract(s) situation

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, hasn’t made it as an estate agent to be honest.  But the club is still doing very good beusiness in that area mate.

He just needs to focus on football, you can see Bellerin has his mind on other things as well,  Bellerin is just fast and thats about it and still he is always out of position.  His confidence is right down at the moment which I give him that due to man management by the coach who is partly to blame.      Bellerin does remind me of Van der Wiel, he was a great prospect at Ajax, but he got caught up in clothing and music and his focus was not on 100% on football which kind of cost his promising career.         

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

He just needs to focus on football, you can see Bellerin has his mind on other things as well, the same thing reminds me of Van der Wiel, he was a great prospect at Ajax, but he got caught up in clothing and music and his focus was not on 100% on football.    

Bellerín is quality mate but nobody in the team is functioning well and there’s absolutely no confidence at all... That and dozens of things more.  As a fan you’re sometimes left scratching your head how so many players can be on such bad form. The question is how many players will ask to leave unless they are informed that there will be MASSIVE changes in the near future in all sectors of the club.

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Bellerín is quality mate but nobody in the team is functioning well and there’s absolutely no confidence at all... That and dozens of things more.  As a fan you’re sometimes left scratching your head how so many players can be on such bad form. The question is how many players will ask to leave unless they are informed that there will be MASSIVE changes in the near future in all sectors of the club.

Yes but Bellerin will waste his career the way he is going at Arsenal, on a personal level for himself, he probably needs to go and Arsenal would not of seen the best of him to the point I was making as he seems side tracked. Staying and performs like this we are seeing under this manager who really no one knows how long Wenger will be at Arsenal, he will just fade away like so many other promising players have when they reach a certain age at the club and become stale. 

3 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Yes but Bellerin will waste his career the way he is going at Arsenal, on a personal level for himself, he probably needs to go and Arsenal would not of seen the best of him to the point I was making. Staying and performs like this we are seeing under this manager who really no one knows how long Wenger will be at Arsenal, he will just fade away like so many other promising players have when they reach a certain age at the club and become stale. 

He has no option now!  He genuinely stayed faithful to Arsenal and Wenger who gave him his chance and which is respectable.  But Barcelona genuinely wanted him and they approached Arsenal... Bellerín decided to stay and to be honest right now I can’t see where he can go.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He has no option now!  He genuinely stayed faithful to Arsenal and Wenger who gave him his chance and which is respectable.  But Barcelona genuinely wanted him and they approached Arsenal... Bellerín decided to stay and to be honest right now I can’t see where he can go.

Looks like an extremely bad career move at this moment, unless Wenger is getting replaced at the end of the season.     It's not just Bellerin there a several players who seem not be 100% focused, again its all to do with the manager, maybe they are just bored with training and the way the things are at club, we will never know. 

15 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Looks like an extremely bad career move at this moment, unless Wenger is getting replaced at the end of the season.     It's not just Bellerin there a several players who seem not be 100% focused, again its all to do with the manager, maybe they are just bored with training and the way the things are at club, we will never know. 

Mate... If I was an upcoming player with real potential and I mean REAL potential like for example Mbappé or Asensio, I would NEVER contemplate moving to Arsenal right now.  As for any top of the range player... There is nothing about our club from affordability to attraction that puts us in that league.  All of this has occurred in recent times although the rot was planted over 7 years ago and it was left to fester.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Mate... If I was an upcoming player with real potential and I mean REAL potential like for example Mbappé or Asensio, I would NEVER contemplate moving to Arsenal right now.  As for any top of the range player... There is nothing about our club from affordability to attraction that puts us in that league.  All of this has occurred in recent times although the rot was planted over 7 years ago and it was left to fester.

Yes definitely, that is why I am bored of the situation at this club, its been going on for so long. 

22 hours ago, Asura said:

Sure, no one here has the experience Wenger has as a manager to run a club like Arsenal. But the point is he is doing a very bad job and thats what everyone is pointing out. Do you see any progress with the way wenger is running things in the last few years? Its not even stagnant anymore (it used to be before), now its all down hill. Not being able to keep your best players and not being able to sign players that could potentially win titles, massive losses against top 6 clubs, keeping average players on big pay cheques.. all these things definitely need to be questioned. 

No I don't see any progression under him. I'm simply pointing out that it is probably not as simple as we think. Not to say we should never question or criticise. It's just the way some people go on it's like they think they no more than Wenger.

10 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I actually don't think man for man we have a bad squad. I think the problem is more tackticle. Definitily in defense we shouldn't be conceding the goals we do

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Really?  Tactics in what sense?  Formation?

I think it's more drilling players. Keeping concentration. Which I.suppose isn't tackticle :$

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I think it's more drilling players. Keeping concentration. Which I.suppose isn't tackticle :$

Without a doubt they don’t look drilled properly but you could also blame Steve Bould for this too... Which in the end comes back to Wenger’s responsibility because he chooses his back room trainers and coaches and he is his second man.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Without a doubt they don’t look drilled properly but you could also blame Steve Bould for this too... Which in the end comes back to Wenger’s responsibility because he chooses his back room trainers and coaches and he is his second man.

What the hell is Steve Bould doing at the club, how is he happy with the way they defend its all school boy stuff, when Bould was part of the best defence unit in the history of English football, unless he has been kept away from defence training by Wenger. 

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, 6666 said:

That's the ridiculous thing about football. Sell a player who wants to leave and whose contract is running out and there's a meltdown like there was with van Persie. Keep him and not cash in and there'll still be a meltdown. Difference of course is that we need the money less now.

Fans will go from "football isnt a business" to "selling him makes business sense" depending on which argument favours their agenda but when there's people going "How do contracts near their end? It's unfathomable" then I guess no one should be surprised by football logic. 

Football is a business though and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves, although there's so much you can talk about in that regard I don't even know where to start. I just think it's criminal that Arsenal as a club will charge the most expensive season ticket prices in the country, so in other words, fleece the fans, yet let their best players' value nosedive for the sake of what's proven to be fruitless (as nearly anyone could've predicted, lets be honest here).

My thinking is simply this, Arsenal should've sold both players last year and attempted to use the money to bring in more up and coming players - and for me, if you as a club can't back yourselves to replace them properly then that needs fixing. For me valuable recruitment is absolutely crucial and the single best opportunity that you can get away without fleecing the fans in the process. It's why I can't be arsed with us pissing money away. It bugs me. It's embarrassing pissing £30mil away on Slimani and £16mil on Musa.

The whole structure at Arsenal to me just looks totally wrong. Wenger deserves enormous credit for what he's done in the game and what he's actually done for the game too, something I didn't realise so much until recently, but he really has got to let it go now because I genuinely do think Arsenal could drop further and yet this is a club that has absolutely everything in place to be one of the most powerful clubs in the world.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

but he really has got to let it go now because I genuinely do think Arsenal could drop further and yet this is a club that has absolutely everything in place to be one of the most powerful clubs in the world.

Previous to this two year deal Wenger signed he had signed another two year deal when there was already a lot of dissent coming from many of the fans (from a long way back), and yet he argued that he had the tools to take the club forward... we stayed stagnant and the only season we improved our League standing was the one you guys won and we all know how we ended up second...

He had received immense stick which was becoming almost ridiculous and jokes were made of Arsenal due to all the “Arsene Out!” banners all over the place and The Emirates had become poison to be at.  His previous ridiculous two year deal was running out in the summer and surely he was going to now leave... NO! He signed another two year deal...

Ok then... To answer the sentence I have quoted you on coupled with the two sentences previous to this one I’ve selected...

NO! He has to stay... He has to continue to do what he thinks for him isn’t the best way forward.  I have no idea what it is but the fact he decided three years ago to sign the previous two year deal and now this one, couple with “he loves Arsenal” shit.  Then he has to stay because he’s doing in the best interests of the club.

In my personal opinion HE IS THE ONE that is fleecing Arsenal.  How much is he paid?  And for WHAT!

Nah... He has to finish his current contract and the next if he wants another because he thinks he is going in the corrrsct direction, give him another.  No way can he be jump ship now!

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Wenger won't stay if they can't get top 4, theyll just go for another manager who can get it

Everyone thought that last year but Wenger got a new deal and a pay rise as did the clueless fucks like Gazidis who has now cost the club millions due to negligence of players contracts. 

• Subscriber
On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 15:46, Lucas said:

Let's be fair, I don't think it's ever been the same at Arsenal since David Dein left. That bloke was pretty instrumental behind the scenes when he was there and would have been doing a lot of micro-managing behind the scenes and had a major responsibility in player recruitment and subsequent retention. He would slap a contract down on that table with two years remaining and get it done. If he was there now, this would not be allowed to happen. Simple.

Let's not forget that they have had all this in the past with Van Persie will he/won't he sign and mucking them about, so it's nothing new.

Unlike most modern clubs which are run by a panel of directors in association with the manager, Arsenal seems to be wholly shaped in the image of Arsene Wenger. He has a detailed and significant influence on every decision that is made and he is seemingly also the man that drives the contract talks with the players; contract talks that are woefully unsuccessful.

It's all a load of bullshit from Arsenal from top to bottom and the club needs restructuring now.

Correct - David Dein's departure was important, mainly because he was the man pulling the strings behind the scenes at the FA. The day he left was an important one for football and corruption

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Wenger won't stay if they can't get top 4, theyll just go for another manager who can get it

Arsenal didn’t get into the top four last season and they offered Wenger a new 2 year contract?

You know what Danny, the more I dialect with you, the more I think you make shit up as you go along xD

49 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Arsenal didn’t get into the top four last season and they offered Wenger a new 2 year contract?

You know what Danny, the more I dialect with you, the more I think you make shit up as you go along xD

Not only was he offered a new contract, he was offered and he signed an IMPROVED contract financially.  He deserved his reward to be honest.

Edit: Just for the record, he’s the third highest paid manager in the world after Guardiola and Mourinho.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Not only was he offered a new contract, he was offered and he signed an IMPROVED contract financially.  He deserved his reward to be honest.

Edit: Just for the record, he’s the third highest paid manager in the world after Guardiola and Mourinho.

But those coaches dont have shares in the club like Wenger

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

In fairness though he's probably got a point, they probably considered that two years as his credit in the bank.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

In fairness though he's probably got a point, they probably considered that two years as his credit in the bank.

And what were the previous two years (the ones he signed before this summer’s) for? Credit up his arse?

Archived