talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Doncaster boss Darren Ferguson says “Shoot all Referee”

He went fully mental because he thought Plymouth fouled a Doncaster player in the lead up to a Plymouth goal and that Doncaster didn’t get a penalty. 

He lay into referee’s in a post match interview saying they were “disgusting”, “the standard is appalling” and when asked what should be done about referee’s, he replied “shoot them all”. 

I cant remember him moaning about referee’s last season when Doncaster were winning every week at a lower level, where the referee’s where presumably of a lower standard.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny people talk about how the standard of refereeing has dropped but a. have never had anything good to say about referees anyway and b. have nothing to back it up with.

This should spell the end of his management at Doncaster?

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I get public opinion will be divided because of the movement against Generation Snowflake, refs not being held accountable etc. but I imagine he would not be so brazen to make such comments if it wasn't for daddy's reputation. 

True point. There most be some kind of job security in having that last name, and if you don't have that safety blanket...you probably don't make such a controversial comment that could get you canned.

5 hours ago, Eco said:

True point. There most be some kind of job security in having that last name, and if you don't have that safety blanket...you probably don't make such a controversial comment that could get you canned.

I reckon three promotions will probably give him a pretty good safety blanket whether his last name was Ferguson or not. 

You can't really go around saying things like that but it must be frustrating for managers when the quality of officiating is so poor. I don't really watch games down the league but at the end of the day poor decisions can cost managers jobs.

13 minutes ago, Toony said:

You can't really go around saying things like that but it must be frustrating for managers when the quality of officiating is so poor. I don't really watch games down the league but at the end of the day poor decisions can cost managers jobs.

They're not that bad and it's not like referees in the Premier League are some robot-like superhumans who never make a bad decision. It's largely sour grapes from Ferguson, he never moaned when at a lower level last season when his team was winning every week. 

Clearly I don't agree with his statement about "shooting" all the referees, however, I fully support his comments about the poor quality of referees at this level. Some of the decisions in Blackburn games (for and against us) this season has been appalling and the standard is definitely much poorer than that for the PL and Championship. The FA really need to take action and improve the quality and a start would be making the officials full time.

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

They're not that bad and it's not like referees in the Premier League are some robot-like superhumans who never make a bad decision. It's largely sour grapes from Ferguson, he never moaned when at a lower level last season when his team was winning every week. 

As I said I don't see much of the lower leagues barring the odd televised game but yeah sure they'll be plenty of good decisions that go unnoticed and nobody ever praises referees really, though I understand his frustration he shouldn't really be saying what he's saying.

Archived