• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Friends

football forum

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/01/2018 at 11:58, RandoEFC said:

Jesus wept. Show them some Family Guy or South Park and their heads will probably explode. 

If you don't like it or it offends you, don't watch it.

The irony is that some episodes of South Park would actually back up things like equality and against homophobia and racism.

Not that the soft twats would notice that before being offended mind.

18 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

So based on that, just because I’m for Essex, I have a penchant for fake tan and acting very badly for the amusement of others on TV?

No it's a generation based off of when people are born, pretty simple stuff

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

It’s more than that. They have specific traits and characteristics. Kids born the same year as me in Somalia wouldn’t be classed as a milennial, it’s pretty simple stuff. 

Millennials in general have specific traits because millennials grew up around technology, you are still a millennial even if you're not offended by Friends

19 minutes ago, Danny said:

Millennials in general have specific traits because millennials grew up around technology, you are still a millennial even if you're not offended by Friends

You need to do some more reading on milennials, I’d suggest. The traits aren’t purely technological based.

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

You need to do some more reading on milennials, I’d suggest. The traits aren’t purely technological based.

No but it's a large component, having everything at the press of a button, instant gratification through social media and other outlets preceding seeping into personal and work life expectations.

You can tell I'm bored at work because I'm actually debating this but you are a millenial regardless of the fact that it's just used as a term to group the opinions of people that older generations do not share or like together to discredit any form of progressive thinking regardless of how radical it may or may not be. Much like calling people generation snowflake it's a lot easier to tarnish someone's reputation rather than actually engage in a point for point debate over whatever issue is being discussed and is essentially a sign of a lack critical thinking and just a show of general ignorance.

So I wouldn't worry by the fact that your birth year suggests you are a millenial because it's all a load of bollocks anyway.

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I did read that, though can't remember where it came from (might have been the BBC on a specific article, I'll have to double check).

Still find it odd that a 'millennial' is classed as someone from the 80's though.

Isn’t it because they were entering employment post 1st January 2000?

53 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I did read that, though can't remember where it came from (might have been the BBC on a specific article, I'll have to double check).

Still find it odd that a 'millennial' is classed as someone from the 80's though.

They do have slight variations but there is not a lot in it... 

• According to Iconoclast, a consumer research firm, the first Millennials were born in 1978.
  • Newsweek magazine reported that the Millennial generation was born between 1977 and 1994.
  • In separate articles, the New York Times pegged the Millennials at 1976-1990 and 1978-1998.
  • A Time magazine article placed the Millennials at 1980-2000.

11 minutes ago, Batard said:

Isn’t it because they were entering employment post 1st January 2000?

I'm not sure. I don't even think those writing pieces on millennials even know.

I did find what I was looking for though, with those currently between the ages of 17 and 35 classed as millennials (so 1982/1983 to 2000/2001).

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42519073

@Bluewolf well and truly proving my first point. xD

The 'generations' is purely an American phenomenon, as they are cultural observations of different phases in American history. The rest of the world does not have Lost Generation, G.I. Generation, Silent Generation, and the Baby boomers, so it cannot have Gen X, Gen Y, or Gen Z.

• The title was changed to Friends

Archived