• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Friends

football forum

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nudge said:

May I introduce you to a new sub-generation, Xennials xD That's because we don't like to mingle with Generation X or the Millennials :ph34r:

https://www.simplemost.com/xennials-born-between-1977-1985/

Might as well start calling them Snowmennials that way we don't have to keep trying to work out which is which all the time... lump them all in one group.. 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

May I introduce you to a new sub-generation, Xennials xD That's because we don't like to mingle with Generation X or the Millennials :ph34r:

https://www.simplemost.com/xennials-born-between-1977-1985/

1985. Fantastic. Now I'm in No Man's Land. ¬¬

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Might as well start calling them Snowmennials that way we don't have to keep trying to work out which is which all the time... lump them all in one group.. 

Fuck off. I don't want to be grouped with a bunch of whiney self entitled shits. :|

3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fuck off. I don't want to be grouped with a bunch of whiney self entitled shits. :|

You can't be because you're not American. I feel like an ignored broken record here. Bloody hell.

2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The fact you told me to Fuck off then whined online about going into a group of whiney self entitled shits automatically gains you entry to this group... 

So tough tit...  B|

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

You can't be because you're not American. I feel like an ignored broken record here. Bloody hell.

I won't ignore you. :12_slight_smile:

6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The fact you told me to Fuck off then whined online about going into a group of whiney self entitled shits automatically gains you entry to this group... 

So tough tit...  B|

Bastard. Fell for that far too easy. xD

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Could be because you're talking out your arse :ph34r:

Our previous generations may not share the same characteristics as previous US generations (although we certainly have baby boomers), but our culture diverging with America's results in the later generations sharing the same influences, and therefore many of the same characteristics.

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

Our previous generations may not share the same characteristics as previous US generations (although we certainly have baby boomers), but our culture diverging with America's results in the later generations sharing the same influences, and therefore many of the same characteristics.

Millennials grew up in an electronics-filled and increasingly online and socially-networked world. They are the generation that has received the most marketing attention. As the most ethnically diverse generation, Millennials tend to be tolerant of difference. Having been raised under the mantra "follow your dreams" and being told they were special, they tend to be confident. While largely a positive trait, the Millennial generation’s confidence has been argued to spill over into the realms of entitlement and narcissism.  They are often seen as slightly more optimistic about the future than other generations -- despite the fact that they are the first generation since the Silent Generation that is expected to be less economically successful than their parents.

6 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It's an American invention, based from American cultural phenomenon, written by American academics! Sounds pretty bloody Seppo to me.  Baby Boomers are characterised growing up in unprecedented economic growth and social and political freedom following WW2, when America emerged as the leading global superpower. What were the English doing in that period? Picking up the pieces of their country to restore it after the Germans knocked half of it down, it's incredibly different. Just because characteristics are shared doesn't mean it's the same thing or applicable. There is a huge cultural gap between America and the UK so it's completely arbitrary to apply American terms to the British.

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Millennials grew up in an electronics-filled and increasingly online and socially-networked world. They are the generation that has received the most marketing attention. As the most ethnically diverse generation, Millennials tend to be tolerant of difference. Having been raised under the mantra "follow your dreams" and being told they were special, they tend to be confident. While largely a positive trait, the Millennial generation’s confidence has been argued to spill over into the realms of entitlement and narcissism.  They are often seen as slightly more optimistic about the future than other generations -- despite the fact that they are the first generation since the Silent Generation that is expected to be less economically successful than their parents.

Only Americans had a 'silent generation' you can't juxtapose a blanket term for 'milennials' with a phenomenon that was strictly American.

Just now, Spike said:

Only Americans had a 'silent generation' you can't juxtapose a blanket term for 'milennials' with a phenomenon that was strictly American.

If you read what they are classing as the Millennial Generation you can see that all of that Generation worldwide ( not just Americans ) grew up in it... 

Millennials grew up in an electronics-filled and increasingly online and socially-networked world. They are the generation that has received the most marketing attention. As the most ethnically diverse generation, Millennials tend to be tolerant of difference.

That's not just an American thing is it... 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

If you read what they are classing as the Millennial Generation you can see that all of that Generation worldwide ( not just Americans ) grew up in it... 

Millennials grew up in an electronics-filled and increasingly online and socially-networked world. They are the generation that has received the most marketing attention. As the most ethnically diverse generation, Millennials tend to be tolerant of difference.

That's not just an American thing is it... 

That doesn't make any sense, Australia, Canada, the USA, and New Zealand are no more diverse than they were twenty years ago, just the numbers changed. I'd also argue the electronic and internet experience is incredibly different in a nation with weak internet infrastructure like Australian and a country like the USA. Not only that but cultural and political movements like One Nation in Australia are vastly different to UKIP, BLM, and everything in between. How is the marketing any different? There was just as much marketing thirty years ago, we couldn't use adblock on bloody TV back then.

America is the biggest exporter of culture in the world, it's just other countries love mimicking the USA and playing copycat. I've seen it in real life with Aboriginals acting like the Black-Americans that they see on TV.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's an American invention, based from American cultural phenomenon, written by American academics! Sounds pretty bloody Seppo to me.  Baby Boomers are characterised growing up in unprecedented economic growth following WW2, when America emerged as the leading global superpower. What were the English doing in that period? Picking up the pieces of their country to restore it after the Germans knocked half of it down, it's incredibly different.

I don't care who coined the phrase. The millennial generation of our two countries share influences and characteristics, so the term can accurately apply to either or both.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Well I’m sure we can all take solace from the fact the generation complaining are also munching washing machine liquid tabs in some sort of moronic escalation of the ice bucket challenge 

Is that seriously a thing? If so. Why. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Seeing people complain about millennials not realizing they are millennials themselves are the funniest millennials.

Again, I’m just glad to be old 

8 hours ago, Panflute said:

People who complain about millennials not realizing they are millennials themselves are the funniest millennials.

It's not necessarily a generation thing, just an infectious loud minority of tools who try and jump on the moral highground when it comes to everything. Friends, after all, is a programme that most people of my generation(I was born in 86) loved, we grew up on hip hop(when it had an "attitude" and rappers said what they wanted), which is every "snowflakes" nightmare, we watched wwe in the attitude era, you'd never get away with that now, you had comedy like bottom on tv and Chubby Brown was a popular stand up up north, etc.

It's becoming a country of sensitive little gimps who get offended by everything and anything, have zero sense of humour and are always searching for reasons to jump on the moral highground.

Just drown all the sad bastards and put them out of their misery.

The only reason why Friends should be banned is due to how shite it is rather than it being offensive to be honest :coffee:

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It's not necessarily a generation thing, just an infectious loud minority of tools who try and jump on the moral highground when it comes to everything. Friends, after all, is a programme that most people of my generation(I was born in 86) loved, we grew up on hip hop(when it had an "attitude" and rappers said what they wanted), which is every "snowflakes" nightmare, we watched wwe in the attitude era, you'd never get away with that now, you had comedy like bottom on tv and Chubby Brown was a popular stand up up north, etc.

It's becoming a country of sensitive little gimps who get offended by everything and anything, have zero sense of humour and are always searching for reasons to jump on the moral highground.

The only reason why Friends should be banned is due to how shite it is rather than it being offensive to be honest :coffee:

I was thinking about this the other day... and maybe another thread entirely but with all these people who seem to be offended by just about everything I don't hear too much going on in protest in the world of rap where I believe the use of the word N****r is a common occurrence? I suppose there are some quarters of the Black Community that think it's ok to use the word as they are Black themselves however for me it just reinforces the use of a word that is derogatory to a large section of the populace and yet we don't see or hear of many protests objecting to it?? 

Strange what some people find offensive and what they don't... 

2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

In fairness Roy Chubby Brown is about as funny as AIDS

• The title was changed to Friends

Archived