• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tim Cahill Rejoins Millwall

football forum

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I think he also wants to get a bit more limelight to make the Australia World Cup squad. Perhaps he's been told that his place might be up for grabs if he was to stay in Australia hence leaving Melbourne City a month ago

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I think he also wants to get a bit more limelight to make the Australia World Cup squad. Perhaps he's been told that his place might be up for grabs if he was to stay in Australia hence leaving Melbourne City a month ago

This is the reason he is joining. Reminds me a bit of Claudio Pizarro actually, who both probably would have retired by now if it wasn't for the World Cup.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Tommy said:

He's still alive?

Got the same amount of World Cup goals as Zidane, Suarez, Romario, Zico, Garrincha, Platini, Messi, Podolski and Beckenbauer. Hehe

but yeh he won't add much to Millwall these days...

32 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Got the same amount of World Cup goals as Zidane, Suarez, Romario, Zico, Garrincha, Platini, Messi, Podolski and Beckenbauer. Hehe

It's his influence behind the scenes that will be influential. Neil Harris is someone he will respect, and his experience will pay dividens on the likes of Cooper, Seville and Wallace that are affiliated with the history of the club and at the age where theu can progress as footballers.

25 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It's his influence behind the scenes that will be influential. Neil Harris is someone he will respect, and his experience will pay dividens on the likes of Cooper, Seville and Wallace that are affiliated with the history of the club and at the age where theu can progress as footballers.

Harris and Cahill played together for a while too hey? 

I hope Tim sorts this no club business out soon, and I also hope he gets some decent game time just to keep his World Cup chances alive. It's a shame how his A-league career started and ended. 

Yeah. Harris is a God at that club. Any last minute goal or 90th minute moment he was the man. Tim Cahill was the young teenage prodigy in the center of the park that should have started off at a much better club.

The way Millwall was set up with the likes of Paul Ifill, Darren Ward and Tim Cahill should have done a lot better than pushing for a playoff spot. The fact they've persevered with Harris as Manager has got Cahill back because every player at that club understands the identity of the club and will run through brick walls for him.

A part of me is slightly jealous for it. Because thats why you support your local London club.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

What actually happened in the A-League with Tim? He seemed to go home a hero and then all of a sudden get released?

wasn't getting enough time on the pitch 

• The title was changed to Tim Cahill Rejoins Millwall
  • Administrator

deal confirmed! Cahill has returned to Millwall!

I have no affiliation whatsoever to Millwall but even I'm excited at this xD. He couldn't get 90 minutes in A-League games so I'm intrigued as to how he'll cope at the club in a totally higher standard than down under. Very different to when he was previously in London. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Is playing for Millwall really going to guarantee him selection at the World Cup? If so, the Australians need to stick to Cricket, Rugby League, Rugby Union and AFL.

Cahill can still score goals. He should be a bench option at best for the coming World Cup. We have players playing in worse leagues than the championship who still represent us. We can't all have the talent and depth of England etc! 

Nice story and good transfer for all concerned. He's an overachiever, always performed wherever he's been. He's scored important goals in the qualifiers for Australia. If he's fit, you've got to have him in the squad.

On 26/01/2018 at 23:34, Toinho said:

Is that including qualifying goal's

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Cahill has come off the bench and been booked within a minute in Millwalls last two games. His stats in this spell:

Appearances: 6 (all from the bench)

Minutes played: 45

Yellow cards: 3

Bookings per 90 minutes (average): 6

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Cahill has come off the bench and been booked within a minute in Millwalls last two games. His stats in this spell:

Appearances: 6 (all from the bench)

Minutes played: 45

Yellow cards: 3

Bookings per 90 minutes (average): 6

Classic Cahill.

Archived