• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2017/18 - 19-20th January, 2018

football forum

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Hate playing Millwall. Always a drab game and they have a nasty habit of nicking something from it.

It's been a really crap month so far. We need a win to get us going again. We're due some luck to be fair.

Plenty of luck for you today, all bad. Almost feel sorry for Leeds there, superb comeback and then throw it all away. 

Bad loss for Portsmouth. Thought their would be more of a fight with Jackett going up against his old team - but instead just didn't look to have any urgency.

That's 1 point in the last 3 games, so a turnaround is needed ASAP.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Hate playing Millwall. Always a drab game and they have a nasty habit of nicking something from it.

It's been a really crap month so far. We need a win to get us going again. We're due some luck to be fair.

old habits die hard!

Must have been euphoric when, a man and 2-0 down, you go 3-2 up. Clutched defeat from the jaws of victory in the last few minutes though. Sickening for one set of fans, not so much for the other. Shame it had to be Millwall. 

Also, what a result for Fulham. Surprised Ryan Sessegnon hasn't been snapped up yet. I know Fulham gave him a new contract but there's bound to be movement in the summer for him. So much talent there. Right on the brink of the play-offs now, as well.

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Plenty of luck for you today, all bad. Almost feel sorry for Leeds there, superb comeback and then throw it all away. 

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

old habits die hard!

Must have been euphoric when, a man and 2-0 down, you go 3-2 up. Clutched defeat from the jaws of victory in the last few minutes though. Sickening for one set of fans, not so much for the other. Shame it had to be Millwall. 

What an absolute cunt of a game that was. Gutting. The Millwall winner was a big deflection too. Sickener.

Never quite known a game like it. And yet, Classic Leeds.

Another good result, only seen the highlights but they looked as if we had more chances and the better ones. 3 points off the play offs now, 5 points off of Bristol City, 7 off Villa and 9 off Cardiff.

Catching Cardiff maybe too much but we definitely have it in us to catch the rest. One of the most in form teams in the Championship and I imagine us and Fulham will be knocking on the door of the play-offs/finish inside them by the end of the season.

We're still to play Sheff Utd and Middlesbrough at home and I fancy us to beat both at Griffin Park. Some tough fixtures left and we're due to go to Derby away after our next game at Norwich, if we can come away with at least 4 points from those two games I'll be very happy.

9 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

You’re 7 off Villa, 8off Cardiff & 9off Derby. 

If you beat Derby first weekend of Feb I’ll believe at the minute I think Fulham will replace Sheff United and that’s your top 6

Got Cardiff wrong but still think you, Bristol City and Sheff Utd are up for grabs. A bad 2 months has pulled us behind but since then we've gone on a couple of good unbeaten runs and consistently had one of the best periods of form in the league.

We might lose to Derby but then again any one of those mentioned above could drop the same points as well.

Big win for us away at Fleetwood, we really needed that late winner and we're now in 2nd place on goal difference with Shrewsbury dropping points. 6 points from Shrewsbury (h) and Fleetwood (a) is just what we needed after a couple of draws and we now have two home games against teams in the lower half of the league. We blew them away in the first half but typical Blackburn we sat back second half and they also improved. We gifted them a goal through a mistake but the late winner made it all worth it.

Dack now has 11 goals for the season and for me is by far the best player in this league. Hopefully he gets the chance to challenge himself at a higher level next season with us. He is probably our best signing since we got relegated from the PL he is that talented. 

Drab, dour, largely negative. 

And yet, for large periods of the game, we were much better than Ipswich. At the start of the season I called them to drop - maybe that was a bit much but they really were awful.  

There is still hope for us, I'm sure. Certainly, we will take the odd tanking away from home, but it's a different proposition here, where we're very difficult to beat. Perhaps this is because the whipping winds of the West Pennine moors help the hopeful high balls to confound opposing defenders?

When you look at some of the fellow shite around us, I can't help but believe we CAN be the fourth worst in the division, especially as there are now the likes of Hull, Barnsley and Reading slowly being dragged into it.

Maybe I'm a masochist, but I am finding this torture almost as exciting as the promotion race last year.

22 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

@Lucas did you get a half and half scarf?

DT-t-ojXkAAllv3.jpg

That is a very ambitious attempt to create peace between ourselves and Millwall.

I'd love to meet the person responsible for that but pretty sure I've for more chance of seeing them appear on the Undateables first.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived