talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Doesn't Make the Top 4?

Which team doesn't make the top 4?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2 Teams don't Qualify for Champions League next year?

Manchester City are definitely going to finish in the top 4.

But as it currently stands, you have:

2. Manchester United - 47 points and game in hand.
3. Liverpool - 47 points
4. Chelsea - 47 points
5. Tottenham - 44 points
6. Arsenal - 39 points

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this rate, I don't think we will. Our rivals are strengthening yet our board are contempt with mediocrity and are relying too much on Conte to work miracles. 

Only hope is that Barca knock us out and we focus on finishing top 4. Another fucking season where our board have failed to strengthen the team to compete on all fronts. 

Spurs and Arsenal.

Spurs still have a habit of slipping up at Wembley when teams set up to defend and I don't feel totally confident in them managing to get Top 4. They still are prone to slip ups more so than the others IMO. I also feel they'll struggle to win games if Harry Kane isn't firing and he can't do it all the time.

But, I do think they might go further in the Champions League than people may expect. And I really fancy them for the FA Cup this year. I have a funny feeling playing at Wembley this season hat they'll end up going the whole way.

Arsenal are useless and are pretty lucky that Everton are just as useless or they may even be in with a shot of 7th. I don't think anyone else will put enough pressure on them to overhaul them but they will be a long way behind the Top 4.

Already you can tell with Arsenal the soul concentration will end up being the Europa League, much the same vain as Man Utd last season. And it will be ironic to see them fielding a strong side for a competition they pretty much played youngsters and reserves in so far.

I suspect the games against each other will be key

Man Utd have Tottenham (a), Chelsea (h), Liverpool (h), Arsenal (h)

Chelsea have Man Utd (a), Tottenham (h), Liverpool (h)

Liverpool have Tottenham (h). Man Utd (a), Chelsea (a)

Tottenham have Man Utd (h), Liverpool (a), Arsenal (h), Chelsea (a)

Arsenal have Tottenham (a) and Man Utd (a)

Man Utd and Chelsea should see it through.

Arsenal are really struggling and I’ve a feeling they’ll go all out to win the Europa League to qualify for the CL that way.

Spurs I think it all depends on Harry Kane staying fit. He’s an animal but if they lose him for a sustained amount of time then they just aren’t the same. 

We haven’t lost in 18 games now and have only lost 2 in the league all season. We need to keep that form up. People point to us losing Coutinho as some sort of crushing blow but we’ve been without him for long periods this season and last and in actual fact have a better record without him in the team than with him. 

Not sure about Chelsea, very hit and miss. Depends if Conte and their big players down tools. 

Fuck Utd. 

• Subscriber

Arsenal are absolutely no way coming top 4. They'll be nearer 7th than 4th points wise.

I actually think Chelsea could. I thought they were terrible at the weekend and that wasn't a one off according to those who post on here.

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Man Utd
4. Tottenham
5. Chelsea
6. Arsenal

Could potentially look very silly in May but fuck it.

Just now, Dan said:

Arsenal are absolutely no way coming top 4. They'll be nearer 7th than 4th points wise.

I actually think Chelsea could. I thought they were terrible at the weekend and that wasn't a one off according to those who post on here.

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Man Utd
4. Tottenham
5. Chelsea
6. Arsenal

Barca knocking us out will have us see Top 4 I think. 

No way we are currently beating them. 

Just now, Dan said:

Oh and there's no way Arsenal win the Europa League. No way at all they beat Napoli or Atletico over two legs.

Can't really rule anything out in a knockout tournament. Arsenal still have quality, even if their manager has lost his touch. 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

At this rate, I don't think we will. Our rivals are strengthening yet our board are contempt with mediocrity and are relying too much on Conte to work miracles. 

Only hope is that Barca knock us out and we focus on finishing top 4. Another fucking season where our board have failed to strengthen the team to compete on all fronts. 

You sound like an arsenal fan

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

Oh and there's no way Arsenal win the Europa League. No way at all they beat Napoli or Atletico over two legs.

Even Dortmund now that they've got a sensible manager would probs fancy themselves against Arsenal. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Can't really rule anything out in a knockout tournament. Arsenal still have quality, even if their manager has lost his touch. 

I will be gobsmacked if they beat Atletico Madrid over two legs to be honest.

50 minutes ago, Dan said:

After finishing 5th last season, currently 6th. Not having it. Arsenal aren't coming top 4 this year.

Probably won't. But silly to wright them of. It's harder now in my opinion. 6 decent sides. I think this side would make top 4 a few years ago

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dan said:

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Man Utd
4. Tottenham
5. Chelsea
6. Arsenal

I wouldn't put us that high. Something always comes undone against a side battling relegation towards the end of the season and that will undo our ability to get to and stay at 2nd. Think we'll get a win at Spurs and tie at United not so sure about Chelsea.

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I wouldn't put us that high. Something always comes undone against a side battling relegation towards the end of the season and that will undo our ability to get to and stay at 2nd. Think we'll get a win at Spurs and tie at United not so sure about Chelsea.

We’re at home to Spurs mate. 

liverpool and arsenal might miss the top 4 for me.

Arsenal are shambles right now with all the crazy contract scenarios. Sanchez is on the brink of leaving to either manchester clubs and not sure about ozil. Coquelin already left, cazorla is always injured, God knows what happened to the likes of Giroud, Ramsey and Koscielny. There is absolutely no quality in the squad when the team has to depend on the likes of Iwobi, Welbeck, Chambers starting almost every match. Like I said in another thread, Arsenal missing the CL spot last season is beginning of the downfall for me, I dont see any going back for wenger here. He absolutely has no power to pull any world class players and if there was any little percentage of it left that was only due to the consistent top 4 finishes over the last decade which is not the case now. Have a feeling it could get really worse from here.

Liverpool despite getting a superb result against city, they never give me a confidence that they can perform well in the overall season. Its always a brilliant display against a big team and then some slips against other teams. They lost one of their top players and their defense and especially the keeper is so bad. Even though they brought in Van Dijk, I dont think he will solve their defensive problems right away. 

Archived