talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Theo Walcott Signs for Everton

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad he is leaving Arsenal as his career has somewhat stagnated. In spells he has looked great, but it' hit that point where those spells are not happening every season due to his game time and how he's eening told to play. Hopefully he will emerge in a different side similar to how Ox has at Liverpool.

I doubt he is going to be of enough quality to make Everton compete with the top six but it's a signing in the right direction  

Just now, VanPaddy said:

HE will just be another Aaron Lennon,  knowing he will never really be a top player and wasted his career. 

Walcott's final ball is a lot better. Lennon better going back. 

You decide which one Allardyce would prefer. 

Walcott has been a waste of time for everyone and a dud.  The highlight of his career and one I will never forget was his two fingers up at the Spurs fans while lying on a stretcher being carried off.  That made him a cult icon to be honest but nothing to do with football.

6 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Remember how everyone still thinks he will be world class because he scored a hattrick against Croatia 10 years ago  xD

It was before that mate. Real Madrid wanted to sign him at fourteen. He was then compared to Thierry Henry after the way he started at Southampton. Due to a combination of factors it wasn't to be. 

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It was before that mate. Real Madrid wanted to sign him at fourteen. He was then compared to Thierry Henry after the way he started at Southampton. Due to a combination of factors it wasn't to be. 

Yea he was sort after at an early age but so was Jermaine Pennant.  Some players just peak too early. 

At that time clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona were taking many very young promising kids to their academies... That has no bearing on the future because Walcott’s progression would never have had the patience Arsenal have offered for over a decade waiting for something to occur.

56 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Maybe Walcott just hasn’t been coached right? Look at The Ox, you lot were saying the same things about him 6 months ago and now look, fantastic player. 

Just needed a proper coach to nurture the talent. 

I never said that about the Ox mate... The total opposite infact.

16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I never said that about the Ox mate... The total opposite infact.

Maybe not you mate but have a look in the The Ox thread. Full of people laughing, saying we were mugs. 

Turns out he’s an exceptional player and not just that, a leader and genuinely nice bloke as well. He’s quickly turned into one of my favourite players and that can only be put down to Klopp and how he’s coaxed that natural talent out of him. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Maybe not you mate but have a look in the The Ox thread. Full of people laughing, saying we were mugs. 

Turns out he’s an exceptional player and not just that, a leader and genuinely nice bloke as well. He’s quickly turned into one of my favourite players and that can only be put down to Klopp and how he’s coaxed that natural talent out of him. 

I was singing his praises all last season and some were saying he was just searching for a mega deal.  Whatever it was, he has talent.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I was singing his praises all last season and some were saying he was just searching for a mega deal.  Whatever it was, he has talent.

Well he certainly didn’t get a ‘mega deal’ with us, nobody does really until they’ve proven their worth over a sustained period. There’s the odd exception obviously but players like Ox, who were brought in to challenge for a place and to bolster the squad, have to earn any increase in wages and bonuses. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well he certainly didn’t get a ‘mega deal’ with us, nobody does really until they’ve proven their worth over a sustained period. There’s the odd exception obviously but players like Ox, who were brought in to challenge for a place and to bolster the squad, have to earn any increase in wages and bonuses. 

Yeah, but you’re Liverpool and we’re Arsenal mate. :what:

13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Turns out he’s an exceptional player and not just that, a leader and genuinely nice bloke as well. He’s quickly turned into one of my favourite players 

I heard he also saves puppies and kittens during the week. 

3 hours ago, HK85 said:

Walcott's final ball is a lot better. Lennon better going back. 

You decide which one Allardyce would prefer. 

Lennon because he's better defensively?

I think the signing makes sense as some pace will make Everton less easy to defend against.

Archived