talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Theo Walcott Signs for Everton

• Subscriber

Not that exciting but I think there's a good chance he'll add something to the squad so it's good.

Now sign a fucking left back because I swear to god if I have to watch 90 more minutes of Martina pondering around in that position I'm going to off myself.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Anyone they sign is going to have been deemed not good enough by the sides they want to catch. This is the conundrum of coming into money, how do you overtake teams when you can't sign players as good as they can in the transfer market. 

Whether you buy their hand me downs, buy an unknown entity from abroad or buy someone stepping up from further down the league, all of them would have gone to the teams you are trying to overtake if they could have.

But they can if they look hard enough. I know you've got to be excellent scouting wise to do this but signing players on the up is the way forward. Think outside the box with transfers. We've brought in players who'd get into top sides with a far smaller budget and we're not the only ones.

I totally take the point on Oxlade-Chamberlain that people have made, I've ate my words on him this year, he deserves to go to the World Cup at this rate.

I just don't know, I've never really rated Walcott, he's OK but not much else, he's heavily reliant on pace, is quite inury prone, nearly 29 years old and apparently on a six figure a week three and a half year deal? Doesn't do a lot for me to be honest and especially when that money is going to fund Arsenal probably upgrading on him. I just think you're effectively modelling your own problem.

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

But they can if they look hard enough. I know you've got to be excellent scouting wise to do this but signing players on the up is the way forward. 

We've signed players "on the way up". 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

But they can if they look hard enough. I know you've got to be excellent scouting wise to do this but signing players on the up is the way forward. Think outside the box with transfers. We've brought in players who'd get into top sides with a far smaller budget and we're not the only ones.

At the end of the day none of those teams scouting are even near 6th place. The odds aren't great. We did it 1 year through excellent scouting and then every scouting session since has failed to repeat it.

Man City managed to finish 5th with players stepping down like Emmanuel Adebayor, Wayne Bridge, Shaun Wright-Philips and Craig Bellamy.

Get to the top 5 or 6 and then the door will open to much better players from abroad. Then you can fob those hand me downs off.

If you have money to consistently spend there is no need to think about pipping Arsenal and Tottenham right now.

• Administrator
15 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Very good signing on paper however we will soon see how the Everton react to his inconsistency. I imagine he will hit the ground running and grab a few goals then go missing for the rest of the season.

a lot of Everton fans appear quite fickle so if there's no hat-trick in his first game, they will be burning effigies of him outside the ground

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well you will talk about Merseyside because Leicester is such a boring and irrelevant place :coffee:

i would talk about winning the Premier League before you but that's too easy.

(for the record, I love Liverpool as a City and it is much better than Leicester xD )

Archived