talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stan's World Cup Prediction League - SIGN UP HERE!

football forum

• The topic was featured
  • 3 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Well, this came round quick! 

One month to go so better get cracking with this! 

Firstly, anyone interested, state your claim here! Also, any sensible suggestions on format for this are welcome! 

There will definitely be a league format. I'm also thinking of doing a head to head/group stage & knockout for members alongside it. 

The league format would provide longevity and continuity for members to predict all the way through. The head to head would give some added competition to proceedings! 

For the predictions:

there'll be 3 points for perfect score (correct outcome, correct scoreline) 

There'll be 2 points for correct outcome and  correct margin 

There'll be 1 point for correct outcome but incorrect margin. 

In the head to head, prediction scores will be added and totals compared with opponent. If you beat your opponent, it's 3 points. Draw and it's 1 point. 

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Bonus rounds - winner, top scorer? 

This only works with as many people as possible taking part! 

• The topic was unpinned
  • This topic was unlocked and pinned
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Out - I'm away on holiday for two weeks while the World Cup is on, so my score will end up being worse than @Stan's GCSE's.

Send your predictions in early. Pm them if you want. 

On 5/14/2018 at 23:55, Stan said:

Well, this came round quick! 

One month to go so better get cracking with this! 

Firstly, anyone interested, state your claim here! Also, any sensible suggestions on format for this are welcome! 

There will definitely be a league format. I'm also thinking of doing a head to head/group stage & knockout for members alongside it. 

The league format would provide longevity and continuity for members to predict all the way through. The head to head would give some added competition to proceedings! 

For the predictions:

there'll be 3 points for perfect score (correct outcome, correct scoreline) 

There'll be 2 points for correct outcome and  correct margin 

There'll be 1 point for correct outcome but incorrect margin. 

In the head to head, prediction scores will be added and totals compared with opponent. If you beat your opponent, it's 3 points. Draw and it's 1 point. 

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Bonus rounds - winner, top scorer? 

This only works with as many people as possible taking part! 

Why don't you do like in the last two WC prediction leagues?

- Award bonus points for predicting the two teams that will advance from each group (15 points for predicting the two teams that advance, in the correct position; 10 for predicting the two teams that advance, but in the wrong position; 5 points for only predicting one of the teams that advance).

- For the top goal scorer - 20 points if your pick is the best goal scorer; 15 points if he finishes in second place; 10 points if he finishes in third place; and 5 points if he finishes in forth place.

- For predicting the next World Cup champion, if your pick wins the tournament, you get 30 points; if it reaches the final, but lose, 20 points; if it ends in third, 15 points; a 4th place, 10 points; and for reaching the QF's, 5 points.

• Administrator
On 18/05/2018 at 22:15, ASF said:

Why don't you do like in the last two WC prediction leagues?

- Award bonus points for predicting the two teams that will advance from each group (15 points for predicting the two teams that advance, in the correct position; 10 for predicting the two teams that advance, but in the wrong position; 5 points for only predicting one of the teams that advance).

- For the top goal scorer - 20 points if your pick is the best goal scorer; 15 points if he finishes in second place; 10 points if he finishes in third place; and 5 points if he finishes in forth place.

- For predicting the next World Cup champion, if your pick wins the tournament, you get 30 points; if it reaches the final, but lose, 20 points; if it ends in third, 15 points; a 4th place, 10 points; and for reaching the QF's, 5 points.

cheers mate. 

I'll do a bonus round before the tournament for:
Group winners/runners up but will only award points for those who get it correct
Top goalscorer - only get points if he comes in top 3 though (as you suggest, 20 for 1st; 15 for 2nd; 10 for 3rd)
World Cup winner - again, top 3 only - 30 for 1st; 20 for 2nd; 10 for 3rd.

:) 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

In, but please do ping notifications to remind me when I have to do something or I will forget :D

i shall try!

• This topic was locked, unpinned and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unfeatured

Archived