talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stan's World Cup Prediction League - SIGN UP HERE!

football forum

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 23:55, Stan said:

Well, this came round quick! 

One month to go so better get cracking with this! 

Firstly, anyone interested, state your claim here! Also, any sensible suggestions on format for this are welcome! 

There will definitely be a league format. I'm also thinking of doing a head to head/group stage & knockout for members alongside it. 

The league format would provide longevity and continuity for members to predict all the way through. The head to head would give some added competition to proceedings! 

For the predictions:

there'll be 3 points for perfect score (correct outcome, correct scoreline) 

There'll be 2 points for correct outcome and  correct margin 

There'll be 1 point for correct outcome but incorrect margin. 

In the head to head, prediction scores will be added and totals compared with opponent. If you beat your opponent, it's 3 points. Draw and it's 1 point. 

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Bonus rounds - winner, top scorer? 

This only works with as many people as possible taking part! 

I have to say that going forward, I think you should tweak the points format slightly, much like Soccer Saturday does.

E.G If someone guessed 3-1 when it ended say 2-0 they get 2pts at the moment. Then say someone actually got it bang on but only got 3pts, they are essentially only getting 1 point more. That seems a bit of an injustice to those who get the bang on scores.

So maybe I would say 5pts for bang on score and 2pts for a correct result. Thoughts? It could also bring more people into play if someone has a good round with 3 or 4 bang on scores. Could make for a really interesting competition.

In by the way

On 5/22/2018 at 14:00, Stan said:

right, so far I have the following:

Stan
Rucksackfranzose
Nudge
Dan
Devon 
LFC Mike
YNWA
Blue
Tommy

@ASF you in?

@Cannabis you gonna be in as well?

Spread the word :) 

Yes.

On 5/22/2018 at 15:51, Lucas said:

I have to say that going forward, I think you should tweak the points format slightly, much like Soccer Saturday does.

E.G If someone guessed 3-1 when it ended say 2-0 they get 2pts at the moment. Then say someone actually got it bang on but only got 3pts, they are essentially only getting 1 point more. That seems a bit of an injustice to those who get the bang on scores.

So maybe I would say 5pts for bang on score and 2pts for a correct result. Thoughts? It could also bring more people into play if someone has a good round with 3 or 4 bang on scores. Could make for a really interesting competition.

In by the way

What about 5 points for the correct score; 3 points for the correct result, but wrong score; and obviously, no points for the wrong result. And skip the points for the correct margin (if a game ends 3-2 and someone predicts 2-1 and another 5-3, the points they get are the same, in this case, 3)? Much easier to do the counting of points after.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, ASF said:

Yes.

What about 5 points for the correct score; 3 points for the correct result, but wrong score; and obviously, no points for the wrong result. And skip the points for the correct margin (if a game ends 3-2 and someone predicts 2-1 and another 5-3, the points they get are the same, in this case, 3)? Much easier to do the counting of points after.

I could do it the way I do the Premier League Prediction League. Counting the points is easy whichever way so that doesn't bother me.

Points Rules:

5 points - A player will be awarded 5 points if he/she gets the result spot on. 

• Example - Player X predicts Team A 3-1 Team B. Actual result is Team A 3-1 Team B

3 points - A player will be awarded 3 points if he/she gets the result correct AND goal-difference correct. 

• Example - Player X predicts Team A 3-1 Team B. Actual result is Team A 4-2 Team B

1 point - A player will be awarded 1 point if he/she gets the result correct, but not the correct score or goal-difference

• Example - Player X predicts Team A 3-1 Team B. Actual result is Team A 1-0 Team B

0 points - Players will be awarded no points if they get the result completely wrong.

• Example - Player X predicts Team A 3-1 Team B. Actual result is Team A 1-2 Team B

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I could do it the way I do the Premier League Prediction League. Counting the points is easy whichever way so that doesn't bother me.

Points Rules:

• Example - Player X predicts Team A 3-1 Team B. Actual result is Team A 3-1 Team B

3 points - A player will be awarded 3 points if he/she gets the result correct AND goal-difference correct. 

• Example - Player X predicts Team A 3-1 Team B. Actual result is Team A 4-2 Team B

1 point - A player will be awarded 1 point if he/she gets the result correct, but not the correct score or goal-difference

• Example - Player X predicts Team A 3-1 Team B. Actual result is Team A 1-0 Team B

0 points - Players will be awarded no points if they get the result completely wrong.

• Example - Player X predicts Team A 3-1 Team B. Actual result is Team A 1-2 Team B

I prefer this system than the one you had in the first page. Looks good.

• Administrator

Updated list:
Stan
Rucksackfranzose
Nudge
Dan
Devon 
LFC Mike
YNWA
Blue
Tommy
Eco
Chaaay
Storts
SirBalon
Bluewolf
Kitchen Sales

Batard
The Palace Fan
Viva La FCB
Panna King
...Dan
Spike
Toinho
Pep Talk
RandoEFC
ASF
Unorthodox

26 people so far

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 21:48, Stan said:

Points Rules:

@Stan

I would say maybe 2pts for a correct result without the correct goal difference. I think a 1pt bonus for the goal difference is fairer than a 2pt one.

Some people could easily fluke the goal difference with for example, a 2-0 win prediction, when infact the game ended 4-2. Yet someone else might have guessed 4-1, been theoretically closer and are 2pts worse for it.

Seem's fairer at least.

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Lucas said:

@Stan

I would say maybe 2pts for a correct result without the correct goal difference. I think a 1pt bonus for the goal difference is fairer than a 2pt one.

Some people could easily fluke the goal difference with for example, a 2-0 win prediction, when infact the game ended 4-2. Yet someone else might have guessed 4-1, been theoretically closer and are 2pts worse for it.

Seem's fairer at least.

is this how you won the Premier League one :ph34r: 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Afraid to let me in?

no but you hadn't said you wanted to take part. If you did, I apologise xD

I can add you in the league!

If we get 3 more participants, can do another group for the group stage/knockout as well. 

Just now, Stan said:

no but you hadn't said you wanted to take part. If you did, I apologise xD

I can add you in the league!

If we get 3 more participants, can do another group for the group stage/knockout as well. 

I didn't xD, but I'd like to. Thanks for letting me in. ;)

• This topic was locked, unpinned and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unfeatured

Archived