talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane set to miss rest of the season?

Reports suggesting it's the same type of ankle injury that kept him out for 7 weeks previously! 

Massive blow for Spurs for obvious reasons if confirmed true. 

Looking at the remaining fixtures though, with United & Arsenal having a harder run-in, it probably won't hinder their chances of top four. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

They're not a one-man team but they rely a huge amount on his finishing ability. Not only in the box but he can create chances and score loads from outside the box. he's the end product that Eriksen and Alli look for and link up with. Probably the greatest loss. Janssen has a lot to live up to even if it is temporarily.

I do hope they finish top 2 or top 3 at the minimum. I actually enjoy watching them and the 'brand' of football they play with. It's attacking, it's flowing, it's quick and they score some brilliant goals.

1 hour ago, Storts said:

It won't be Janssen, it will be Son. Also this is pure speculation.

Poch said the signs are that it's the same/similar injury that crocked him last time? That isn't speculation, its a direct quote. 

And the title does have a '?' on the end and the description does state that it's to be confirmed. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Poch said the signs are that it's the same/similar injury that crocked him last time? That isn't speculation, its a direct quote. 

And the title does have a '?' on the end and the description does state that it's to be confirmed. 

But Poch doesn't know - no one does. Not until he has his scan today and whatever swelling is there calms down. It's pure speculation from Pochettino, and the media.

We'll see - not good news but we can handle it with Sonny and the system we are playing now.

44 minutes ago, Storts said:

But Poch doesn't know - no one does. Not until he has his scan today and whatever swelling is there calms down. It's pure speculation from Pochettino, and the media.

We'll see - not good news but we can handle it with Sonny and the system we are playing now.

It won't be pure speculation by Poch, he'll have had the heads up by your medical team prior to his comments. Obviously the full extent of the damage isn't known untill a scan is done but they'll know it isn't good. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

It won't be pure speculation by Poch, he'll have had the heads up by your medical team prior to his comments. Obviously the full extent of the damage isn't known untill a scan is done but they'll know it isn't good. 

I know our manager better than you do, he loves to speculate on injuries and often gets it spectacularly wrong...look at Rose, was initially a minor problem, now he's out till April.

With things like Ankles you really can't tell until the swelling goes down and a scan is done. He's speculating because it looked similar to the last time he got injured, but ultimately Pochettino had as much of a clue as you or I.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Spurs have confirmed that he's suffered ankle ligament damage, it's just breaking on Sky Sports now and it sounds bad.

Actually it's excellent news all things considered.

Club have said amongst other things: "The injury is similar to the one suffered by the forward against Sunderland in Sept last year, however it is not considered to be as severe"

Hopefully that means 3-5 weeks, which means he will be back for the semi and Arsenal/United at home

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Aye, just reading the update now and it's better than first feared. Having him back for Wembley is essential for your path to the final, despite Son looking a decent player I don't think he's on the same level as Harry.

What's your view on the end of the season mate? Would an FA Cup mean a successful season regardless of where you end up?

Yeah, Kane is crucial, as any world class striker is to their side. We can't replace him, but very few teams could. Thankfully our run over the next month or so, Southampton, Burnley, Swansea, Watford, Bournemouth - we can hopefully pick up enough points without him.

Would love a trophy, and we need to consolidate our position in the top 4. Also finish above the scum. 

11 minutes ago, Storts said:

Someone has to mate or this pack of sensationalists get carried away 

Well, in any case I hope Kane is back for the Spurs v Chelsea semi-final. That may be an odd thing to say from someone that likes Chelsea but I'd rather see a thrilling game of football with both sides at their best. Mr. Potatohead is a special player and the FA Cup desperately needs those.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived