• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Toilet breaks during lessons.

football forum

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

What if a kid pisses themselves in class having asked to go to the toilet, perhaps more than once?

I think the parent would have the right to go absolutely nuts at that.

Never had a child wet themselves. They are 10 and 11 and capable of holding it in.

1 minute ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Can't you let someone go during a lull in the lesson?

Lessons never last more than 2 hours. Unless they have a medical problem they should be able to control their toilet habits around lesson time.

I mean, it makes sense that they ensure that they go during the times that they can go.

Although, there was many times were I really needed to go to the toilet which came out of the blue and I wasn't allowed to go which at the time was bullshit. So, it should be a basic human right that if you need to go to the toilet, you're allowed to go to the toilet.

1 minute ago, Rab said:

I mean, it makes sense that they ensure that they go during the times that they can go.

Although, there was many times were I really needed to go to the toilet which came out of the blue and I wasn't allowed to go which at the time was bullshit. So, it should be a basic human right that if you need to go to the toilet, you're allowed to go to the toilet.

I had one of the mums complain because I made her daughter wait all afternoon. She asked 5 minutes after lunch.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Missjem said:

If you think teachers can just pop to the loo when they feel like it, you are wrong.

True. Badly framed question. I’ll try again. Is it a problem for children to have toilet breaks during class? 

3 minutes ago, Batard said:

True. Badly framed question. I’ll try again. Is it a problem for children to have toilet breaks during class? 

If you let one go they are all suddenly desperate, I saw it in teacher training. I have been teaching 2 years and always had the same rule.

• Administrator

What if it gets to a point where children really can't hold it in and there's no medical issue? 

Is it not more logical to let them go as opposed to having to deal with the (literal) mess later? 

Hmm, we didn't have that issue here. When i needed to go to the bathroom at school i was always allowed to i think. Although i do remember a time where a girl in my class popped her panties (and outside of them) in one of them classes, but i don't think that was because she wasn't allowed to go, she just felt like it, fair to say we never saw her again. xD

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Hmm, we didn't have that issue here. When i needed to go to the bathroom at school i was always allowed to i think. Although i do remember a time where a girl in my class popped her panties (and outside of them) in one of them classes, but i don't think that was because she wasn't allowed to go, she just felt like it, fair to say we never saw her again. xD

Yeah, a girl... Sure. 

A.k.a berserker shat his pants in class and missed out on years of education after being banned from all schools 

Just now, Stan said:

Yeah, a girl... Sure. 

A.k.a berserker shat his pants in class and missed out on years of education after being banned from all schools 

Yeah cowface, it was a girl. And it was diarrhea if you're interested.

Never, in fact only once i took a dump on a school's bathroom, preferred to wait to get home.

• Subscriber

When you have to go, you have to go, holding it for too long can even be harmless, that's a basic need ffs. There will always be kids who try to abuse the system, whether it toilet breaks or something completely unrelated, can't avoid that anyway. Would it bother me as a parent? Well yes, if my hypothetical kid wasn't allowed to go when he/she genuinely needed to, I wouldn't be happy for sure, to put it mildly.

Seems like an odd rule. I think psyc studies shows that human can only hold intense concentration and focus for about 20 minutes, so maybe a bathroom break may actually help the student as it gives their brain time to rest and process all the information. I know whenever I'm learning a new concept in my job, or another language, I often have to stop, walk, and just let my mind rest otherwise I am just not as sharp.

I don't think a child who is concentrating on holding their bladder is in the best mindset to learn.

I get that you don't want children abusing their right to go to the toilet, but I think there are intermediate restrictions which can prevent that: maybe they can only go once a lesson, or they have to be back within a certain time. I don't recall any issues with people hiding in the toilets at my primary school, though it was long ago.

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Yeah cowface, it was a girl. And it was diarrhea if you're interested.

Never, in fact only once i took a dump on a school's bathroom, preferred to wait to get home.

To be fair so did I - never liked going for shits at school so would try and wait to get home and have the pleasure of sitting on my own throne. 

I think it's cruel. Have you ever had to hold a piss for an hour? You know what the kid holding his piss isn't doing? He's not paying attention anymore. He's not learning.

He's concentrated on not pissing himself and ruining his social life, while also hating the guts out of you.

Archived