The better place to talk football.

Toilet breaks during lessons.

football forum

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, Missjem said:

I made a girl and a boy wait this afternoon and they were fine despite the boy saying he was going to wet himself.

I did let a girl go though as she told me it was her period, I'm not that cruel.

sexual discrimination

• Administrator
Just now, Missjem said:

Why is it? I make girls wait too. It is only because she told me it was her period. I'm not going to let her sit and bleed.

happy to let a kid shit themselves though

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

What if the girl was lying about the period because she didnt want to shit herself and you wouldnt let her go otherwise :what:

If I knew a lie would get around it, I'd do that too.

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

But if she tries, you take her right arm. Next time she wont lie.

If she uses it as an excuse I will call her bluff and refuse. It will be her problem if she bleeds in her knickers.

12 minutes ago, Missjem said:

If she uses it as an excuse I will call her bluff and refuse. It will be her problem if she bleeds in her knickers.

I'd say it'd be your problem to be denying a basic human right.

---

I'd say it'd be entirely down to the judgement of the situation which is impossible for anyone other than the teacher to understand. If you've got the same people always going to the toilet at the same time or at particular subject, you know they're just going because they're not interested and it's an easy out. If you've got a child in the mix that never asks to go to the toilet and they ask to go to the toilet, you can almost guarantee they're not messing about.

It's easy for us to say that "double standards" etc, although if we don't know who the pupil is and what they're like as a person, it'd hard to judge. If he or she is a little dickhead that's always causing trouble and they need to learn the hard way that they don't always get what they want, then fair enough. Although, the only information you're giving us is whether they're a boy or a girl.

17 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

In primary school when you generally have one teacher who knows if you're constantly getting out of lesson using the toilet as an excuse then I don't see why you can't let them go as long as they're not trying to do it three times a day.

Secondary school is slightly different because you have 5 or 6 different teachers in a day. Most schools have a toilet pass system or some sort of record of how often students go so someone can intervene if a pupil is taking the piss (lol) and going three times a day.

The other reason secondary is different is that they are growing to an age where they should really be capable of managing when they go to the toilet. When they leave school and get jobs such as teacher, police officer, bus driver, they can't just go to the toilet whenever so they need to learn to take some responsibility and think ahead instead of for getting to go at break time because they were too busy playing with filters on Snapchat (how fucking old do I sound right now?).

As a rule, if a kid asks to go to the toilet I'll say ask again in 5 minutes and I'll let you go. You'd be amazed how many of them forget within five minutes so clearly didnt need it that urgently and I'm yet to have a student piss themselves in my classroom.

Primary is a bit different though.

Hope you enjoyed the long serious post.

The lad who pissed himself in Drama at our school had some medical condition apparently, so after that he was always allowed the special privilege of going to the toilet even though most of us were told no.

I honestly don't know how you can cope with being a teacher at secondary to be honest mate. I remember actually being a pupil and what our class was like to control xD.

7 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

When I was like 12 years old I used to go the toilet to wank over some girl in my English class so I was would say no to your question.

That's very orthodox of you.

2 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

When I was like 12 years old I used to go the toilet to wank over some girl in my English class so I was would say no to your question.

But then we just go back to the problem Gonzo was talking about. How are you meant to concentrate on the lesson when you're trying desperately to suppress your lust for a 12 year old girl?

10 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

But then we just go back to the problem Gonzo was talking about. How are you meant to concentrate on the lesson when you're trying desperately to suppress your lust for a 12 year old girl?

You make it sound like he still has that lust for 12 year old girls xD 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The lad who pissed himself in Drama at our school had some medical condition apparently, so after that he was always allowed the special privilege of going to the toilet even though most of us were told no.

I honestly don't know how you can cope with being a teacher at secondary to be honest mate. I remember actually being a pupil and what our class was like to control xD.

Yeah we were fucking absolute bastards when I was at school. Drove so many teachers into retirement. I'm still too immature not to find that funny though despite now being a teacher myself.

• 3 years later...
  • Subscriber

There is a other issue here. If a pupil pisses or shits their pants while in class. Not only will they feel embarrassed, it can lead to piss taking and bullying from other pupils.

Archived