talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Vegetarians and Vegans

football forum

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Vegan Kel said:

I would seriously dispute that but let's just, for arguments sake, agree that six million Jews were gassed to death by Nazis (even though that number has been drastically reduced by 'experts') is true, how many animals do you think are murdered every single day? Then think how many days it has been going on for. There is no comparison. Literally billions of land animals are slaughtered every year and trillions of sea creatures. 

The quantity is obviously different but let's not act like people haven't ever suffered like animals have. 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Fair enough. Although what I meant is people in third world countries have to just stay alive. Don't think they are likely to to put animal welfare top of their priorities.

Of course. Indigenous tribes who hunt animals for example. They are doing it for survival and because they know no different. They can't go into a supermarket and buy meat alternatives. 

Veganism isn't perfect it's about doing the best you can

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I try to cook vegetarian 1-2 times per week, and fish once a week, but I'd never go fully without meat. It's delicious, and definitely not vegan.

Same. At home we usually have a veggie day once or twice each week. Grown up with having Thursdays and/or Saturdays where it's veggie food. 

1 minute ago, Toinho said:

Don’t know about that. Being meat eaters gives people jobs after all.

There will be other jobs producing vegan food. If something is considered morally wrong by a huge majority giving people jobs won't come into it.

Just now, Stan said:

The quantity is obviously different but let's not act like people haven't ever suffered like animals have. 

They really haven't. Watch those videos I posted and name one group who have ever had that done to them. 

Basically, how would you feel if before you was even born the date of your death had been decided. That is the reality of pigs, cows, sheep, chickens, turkeys, ducks etc

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

There will be other jobs producing vegan food. If something is considered morally wrong by a huge majority giving people jobs won't come into it.

Plus if your job is murdering animals then you need to seriously have a word with yourself

2 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Neither are first world countries. 

They will have the resources though to put it much higher though. Like is said if people are almost universally against it meat won't be eaten.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Vegan Kel said:

They really haven't. Watch those videos I posted and name one group who have ever had that done to them. 

Basically, how would you feel if before you was even born the date of your death had been decided. That is the reality of pigs, cows, sheep, chickens, turkeys, ducks etc

In the gassing context, both have suffered. That's my point.

Just now, Toinho said:

I am talking about the whole process. 

All this makes me so keen for my fish and chips that are now ready. 

I've never understood why meat eaters think that telling me who they are having for dinner will offend me when I indulged in the same habits for 30 years

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You are aware that is illegal to say that? 

And what does that tell you? 

It's also illegal to treat your dying child with RSO or to not pay the government a portion of the wages that you earned from your labour

Edited by Vegan Kel

Just now, Vegan Kel said:

I've never understood why meat eaters think that telling me who they are having for dinner will offend me when I indulged in the same habits for 30 years

Wasn’t the intention. I’m just hungry. I Went pescatarian for a bit to see how I’d go health wise. I felt really good. Where I live though, there are very few options. I’ve got a few vegetarian cookbooks but not getting fresh ingredients out here in the regional communities makes it a little less appealing. 

Just now, Toinho said:

Plants are alive. We hurting the plants :( 

Plants have no brain or central nervous system. They have no sentience. But let's pretend they do. Most plant food is fed to animals so the best way to save the plants is to eat them and stop feeding them to animals

1 minute ago, Toinho said:

Wasn’t the intention. I’m just hungry. I Went pescatarian for a bit to see how I’d go health wise. I felt really good. Where I live though, there are very few options. I’ve got a few vegetarian cookbooks but not getting fresh ingredients out here in the regional communities makes it a little less appealing. 

I did myself at first. I ate fish, eggs and dairy for about three weeks before going vegan. It can definitely be quite daunting at first and I think a lot of vegans can forget that

Super Chrissy Smalling is on Football ocus now talking veganism with Jrmaine Jenas who is trying veganism out.

Also, anyone who wants to try veganism can do the Vegan22 challenge which offers free nutritional and dietary advice and a mentor to help people adopt a vegan lifestyle. Apparently it takes 21 days to break a habit so the challenge is to maintain it for 22 days and hopefully make it a life commitment. 

https://challenge22.com/

4 hours ago, Vegan Kel said:

I've witnessed pigs being gassed. I've never seen any evidence that humans were

Are you referring to Jewish people gassed in WWII?

Clarify why you used the Holocaust in your statement?

Are you in any doubt whatsoever it occurred?