• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Vegetarians and Vegans

football forum

On 05/02/2018 at 13:40, nudge said:

But...but...fish have feelings too :57_cry:

They probably suffer the worst death to be honest. Suffocation xD

On 06/02/2018 at 00:46, SirBalon said:

We are designed to eat meat, fish and plants... It’s in our make-up and there’s nothing wrong with it as long as the slaughtering of animals is done as humanely as is possible and more.  I admire and am all for the protection of animals in terms of torturing, bad treatment in any manner.  Meat tastes great and so does fish... The reason behind vegetarians and even more so with vegans that they search for others to do the work for them in terms of enhancing ingredients to create flavours is because they crave something that’s within them, something natural and something that nature designed them for.

I have no time for ethics in this sense and have very little patience to listen to them to be honest.  They can live their own lives as they like because they’re not hurting anyone by doing it but I do unfortunately for them have an opinion on their lifestyle and I accuse them of being stupid unless it’s for rare health reasons and I would bet most of them are adjoining themselves to a fad, a fashion of sorts. Good luck to them while I order or cook myself a prime piece of beef with blood oozing out of it because I enjoy it as much as they do, only that I am more practical and intelligent than them and will act upon it.

What do these people suggest we do with all the cows, bulls, chickens, sheep, lambs, pigs and whatever other animal is mass bred for consumption?  Do they expect farmers to look after them for nothing? For them?  They can do it if they want the world to join in their twig eating form of nourishment.

The main focus should be on wild animals. They are our priority.

The fact that there are half as many hedgehogs in the UK now than there were 20 years ago is a worry. I have actually noticed the decline myself as I used to see shitloads of them when I was a kid and hardly see any now.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The main focus should be on wild animals. They are our priority.

The fact that there are half as many hedgehogs in the UK now than there were 20 years ago is a worry. I have actually noticed the decline myself as I used to see shitloads of them when I was a kid and hardly see any now.

Indeed!

I’m all for that and also punishing cruelty to animals whichever also includes stuff that goes on at abattoirs.  I love meat, but I don’t want to eat meat where the animal has been tortured or anything of the like.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed!

I’m all for that and also punishing cruelty to animals whichever also includes stuff that goes on at abattoirs.  I love meat, but I don’t want to eat meat where the animal has been tortured or anything of the like.

What constitues torture for you?  Cows only produce milk when they are pregnant. So they are raped by farmers and then their young are torn away from them. Their young are chained down in order to make veal. Some of the living conditions of these food industries are horrifying. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What constitues torture for you?  Cows only produce milk when they are pregnant. So they are raped by farmers and then their young are torn away from them. Their young are chained down in order to make veal. Some of the living conditions of these food industries are horrifying. 

That’s why I only eat sourced organic meat from my butcher because I can’t trust any of the methods anymore.  As for veal... You don’t need to chain anything down to acquire veal.  Veal is a cow slaughtered when very young and the problem is overproduction instead of humane methods.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That’s why I only eat sourced organic meat from my butcher because I can’t trust any of the methods anymore.  As for veal... You don’t need to chain anything down to acquire veal.  Veal is a cow slaughtered when very young and the problem is overproduction instead of humane methods.

Yeah I'm thinking about going to a butcher as well but can't find one near by.  Least one where I know where the animals come from and how they are treated. 

And I thought in order to make veal, the calfs's muscles need to be as tender as possible? Hence them being chained down to prevent any muscle growth. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yeah I'm thinking about going to a butcher as well but can't find one near by.  Least one where I know where the animals come from and how they are treated. 

And I thought in order to make veal, the calfs's muscles need to be as tender as possible? Hence them being chained down to prevent any muscle growth. 

Some bandit farmers even over feed calfs milk so as to produce what they want quickly.  I’m totally against all of that mate.

13 hours ago, Cicero said:

Type "abattoir abuse uk" into YouTube and you will see exactly what he means. Many animals are abused before slaughter. This is illegal but happens too much. Then again how many people in this world abuse the elderly in care homes or children? Humans can be nasty people and this is the problem.

• 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

I'm giving serious thought to trying the vegan lifestyle for a week or something to see if I could hack it. I always thought I'd miss meat too much and that would override my desire to contribute to a better cause, but the number of people who say they don't miss it at all has me thinking more seriously.

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm giving serious thought to trying the vegan lifestyle for a week or something to see if I could hack it. I always thought I'd miss meat too much and that would override my desire to contribute to a better cause, but the number of people who say they don't miss it at all has me thinking more seriously.

I ate vegan(ish) for a bit and honestly didn’t miss meat at all

Did anybody else read the story about the Vegan who was served a pork sausage roll instead of a vegan one by mistake at Greggs?? 

She is now claiming the incident has left her 'traumatized for life' 

I must say they do seem to be doing an excellent job of looking like they have just lost their entire incentive for living selfie photo after just one innocent mistake.. 

A vegan has been "traumatised for life" after being served a pork sausage roll instead of a vegan alternative by Greggs. Sharleen Ndungu, 20, claims she started having heart palpitations and burst into tears after biting into the savoury snack and realising it contained meat. TAKEN WITHOUT PERMISSION/EDITORIAL CALL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Did anybody else read the story about the Vegan who was served a pork sausage roll instead of a vegan one by mistake at Greggs?? 

She is now claiming the incident has left her 'traumatized for life' 

I must say they do seem to be doing an excellent job of looking like they have just lost their entire incentive for living selfie photo after just one innocent mistake.. 

A vegan has been "traumatised for life" after being served a pork sausage roll instead of a vegan alternative by Greggs. Sharleen Ndungu, 20, claims she started having heart palpitations and burst into tears after biting into the savoury snack and realising it contained meat. TAKEN WITHOUT PERMISSION/EDITORIAL CALL

“My body is poisoned for life!”.

Said the Vegan who only stopped eating meat 2 years ago. Get a grip you absolute fucking whopper.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Said the Vegan who only stopped eating meat 2 years ago. Get a grip you absolute fucking whopper.

She turned down a £2 refund and apology and even turned down £30 vouchers and an apology from their head office.. She also said that her 'ordeal' may stop her going to other food outlets in case the same thing happens again... much to the relief of other food outlets I am sure..  I could understand it if she had an allergy that might have been life threatening to her but look at that face mate... you can just feel the anguish and pain

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

The family are all battling a viral infection at the moment, so this genuinely brightened my day xD

• Subscriber

I have nothing against anybody being vegetarian or Vegan whatever but I don't like the radical ones who try and force people to become a vegan, it's like forcing certain religions on people.

I am an animal lover but the human race was bought up eating animal meat to survive since the creation of time, if an animal such as cow or sheep etc are put down in a humane way then I shall continue on eating meat, and funny enough me and the wife have tried some vegetarian meals and they are quite nice, the wife had a vegetarian pizza tonight for her tea. 

I used to be in the RSPCA years ago and once I had a debate or friendly chat with a vegan about eating meat and why she would not eat meat, I asked her did she have any pets and she said she had two dogs and a cat and I said "Do you give them vegetarian meals?" she looked puzzled and replied "No, I give them pet food from the pet shop in cans?" I then replied, "The majority of the content you give them in cans are animal meat or fish if you put a bowl of salad down as food for your pet dogs & cats do you think they would eat it?" She said "No...they are only animals and do need red meat in their system" All I said was us humans are animals in a different form and we need red meat in our system too."

The lady went off the subject of being a vegan then and we talked about a gala that was coming up the following week to raise money for the RSPCA. 

Edited by CaaC (John)

On 06/02/2018 at 00:46, SirBalon said:

We are designed to eat meat, fish and plants... It’s in our make-up and there’s nothing wrong with it as long as the slaughtering of animals is done as humanely as is possible and more.  I admire and am all for the protection of animals in terms of torturing, bad treatment in any manner.  Meat tastes great and so does fish... The reason behind vegetarians and even more so with vegans that they search for others to do the work for them in terms of enhancing ingredients to create flavours is because they crave something that’s within them, something natural and something that nature designed them for.

I have no time for ethics in this sense and have very little patience to listen to them to be honest.  They can live their own lives as they like because they’re not hurting anyone by doing it but I do unfortunately for them have an opinion on their lifestyle and I accuse them of being stupid unless it’s for rare health reasons and I would bet most of them are adjoining themselves to a fad, a fashion of sorts. Good luck to them while I order or cook myself a prime piece of beef with blood oozing out of it because I enjoy it as much as they do, only that I am more practical and intelligent than them and will act upon it.

What do these people suggest we do with all the cows, bulls, chickens, sheep, lambs, pigs and whatever other animal is mass bred for consumption?  Do they expect farmers to look after them for nothing? For them?  They can do it if they want the world to join in their twig eating form of nourishment.

Of course there is something wrong with eating meat. You are killing a living creature with feelings. The world going vegan would never happen overnight so there is no point in thinking about what would happen to all the farm animals.

I don't know what you are on about being more intelligent than vegans there are plenty who are more intelligent than you. 

Also there's been a lot of reports of mentally weak people veganizing their kids and and causing them to have sequels for life, these people should be put in jail. There's a reason vegans have to take vitamins or eat industrial and specially designed foods to compliment their diet, it's just isn't healthy. It's just a moronic lefty trend that has surfaced in the last 20 years like many others.