The better place to talk football.

Ronaldinho

football forum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

He retired 12 years ago. 

Disagree. He was important to Atletico Mineiro's Copa Libertadores win in 2013. After that, he was finished.

11 hours ago, SirBalon said:

It’s probably the longest he’s ever dedicated himself to one thing in his life! xD

Do you really think he wrote it?! xD Assis probably did it. xD

Regarding Kaká, he was also really good when he started at São Paulo, from 2001 to 2003. It is often forgotten because he was very young and played only one match, but he was part of Brazil´s 2002 World Cup squad.

1 hour ago, El_Loco said:

Do you really think he wrote it?! xD Assis probably did it. xD

Regarding Kaká, he was also really good when he started at São Paulo, from 2001 to 2003. It is often forgotten because he was very young and played only one match, but he was part of Brazil´s 2002 World Cup squad.

Yeah, it was only in jest mate. xD

The truth is that Ronaldinho’s career at that magical maximum level he offered Barcelona for about three years is way too short a spell to be honest. A football fan feels mugged from something that didn’t seem to be of this world... I have an almost meaningless and short anecdote about what Ronaldinho could’ve meant to everyone...

I have a lifelong friend from childhood that throughout practically all our life he disliked football, never supported any club and would only watch the main events like finals of the Champions League, European Championships or World Cup because all of his friends went out to watch it together in a bar or something.  But he never really cared for the social movement that is football worldwide.  But for the period of time Ronaldinho was at the height of his game he watched practically everything he was involved in from Barça to Brazil.  He was bewitched by the unadulterated magical talent he had. As Rinaldinho’s career at that level wound down while at Barcelona, so did his short lived spell in love with watching football.  There’s actually something almost philosophical and telling in this which could probably associate the player himself in it all and why these things occur.

As for Kaká...  For me it’s a sadder story than Ronaldinho’s for the mere detail that whereas Ronaldinho just seemed to fall out of love with being to perform at the extreme heights he had once reached, with Kaká I always felt he was a model professional that wanted to stay playing at the top end of football a season long as his body could give it all.  But for some strange reason his influence at the top end just wasn’t there anymore.

• 2 years later...
23 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

What a bizarre thing to do and to get arrested for. 

It's odd yeah, because Brazilians just need an ID to enter Paraguay thanks to their status in Mercosur.

Not only that but he's one of the most famous athletes in history. He's from Brazil! How did he think he would get away by suddenly becoming Paraguayan xD

4 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

It's odd yeah, because Brazilians just need an ID to enter Paraguay thanks to their status in Mercosur.

Not only that but he's one of the most famous athletes in history. He's from Brazil! How did he think he would get away by suddenly becoming Paraguayan xD

Yes, it all sounds rather strange. He's a world famous multi-millionaire footballer, why would he attempt to do such a thing, especially if he could enter Paraguay freely on a Brazilian passport. Something doesn't seem quite right here.

4 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Now the police are asking Ronaldinho for photos. Ronaldinho accepts and still has his trademark smile. What a man :rofl:

If I arrested Ronaldinho, I'd really just be using it as an excuse to hang out with one of my favourite footballers of all time. Fair play to these cops, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to arrest a footballer for something so bizarre.

• Subscriber

Him and his brother are just boys being boys. Apparently, a few years ago they got into trouble for trying to setup a fishing trap in a preservation area and hes some figurehead for Brazilian tourism too. 

46 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Him and his brother are just boys being boys. Apparently, a few years ago they got into trouble for trying to setup a fishing trap in a preservation area and hes some figurehead for Brazilian tourism too. 

I think him building shite on a natural preserve is why his Brazilian passport was taken from him though.

• The title was changed to Ronaldinho

Archived