talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cristiano Ronaldo - His future at Real Madrid in doubt

Cristiano Ronaldo and his future at Real Madrid  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should Real Madrid renew Cristiano Ronaldo’s contract? Does he deserve it?

Cristiano Ronaldo is once again upset with the club, mainly the club’s president Florentino Pérez who apparently promised him he would always maintain him on the same level as Barça’s Lionel Messi who renewed his contract a month ago or so which also meant more money.

Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t just  basing it on the “promise” the president gave him but also on the fact he was awarded the Ballon d’Or For last year.  The problem is that the club are supposedly planning a mass revolution for the summer and they’re not sure Cristiano Ronaldo is part of that plan that is unfinished work and in progress.  Cristiano’s level has gone down dramatically this season and even last season the first half of the campaign was quite poor, only to lift himself for the final two months and perform in the Champions League in terms of scoring important goals.  But this season so far he is on 4 goals and considering his football over the past three to four years has basically been based on putting the ball in the back of the net and no longer those powerful runs with the ball, he isn’t being judged on this and on that detail he is very poor now.

He is apparently so upset that he has allegedly sent an SOS to Manchester United and now wants out.  He has transmitted this to the board a few weeks ago and he is now furious because the club haven’t even bothered to talk to him about a renewal and silence reigns.  It’s not just his goals that have dried up but his football is absolutely awful this season.

So what in your opinion should Real Madrid do?

Keep one of the most if not the most marketable players in the world which actually brings the club a lot of money or should the club in your opinion not renew him because his time is up and his elementary status will always be there but it’s  time to move on and doesn’t deserve the renewal to match Messi’s because they are both on different levels?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

if he doesn't want to be there, then no they shouldn't. If he's not going be truly happy continuing to play for the club, then more often than not he won't play to the best of his ability. maybe he's felt like that this season and achieved all he could at the club (he's won everything there, right?). 

Time to move on? Back to Manchester or Portugal?!

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

if he doesn't want to be there, then no they shouldn't. If he's not going be truly happy continuing to play for the club, then more often than not he won't play to the best of his ability. maybe he's felt like that this season and achieved all he could at the club (he's won everything there, right?). 

Time to move on? Back to Manchester or Portugal?!

Only one month ago when he was awarded the Ballon d’Or he said he wanted to retire at Real Madrid and that this is where both he and his family were happiest amongst other things lauding the club. Obviously this was with him thinking he was going to get that new deal which the club hasn’t said a word on.  So his “happiness” doesn’t seem to be about where he’s at but more to do with two factors... One being money and the second wanting to be on the same level or higher than Messi.

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

Is he a slave again?

That’s probably going to be the next quote to come out like a few years back.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Only one month ago when he was awarded the Ballon d’Or he said he wanted to retire at Real Madrid and that this is where both he and his family were happiest amongst other things lauding the club. Obviously this was with him thinking he was going to get that new deal which the club hasn’t said a word on.  So his “happiness” doesn’t seem to be about where he’s at but more to do with two factors... One being money and the second wanting to be on the same level or higher than Messi.

That’s probably going to be the next quote to come out like a few years back.

Poor little solider ain't he

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Berserker said:

Please let him leave Madrid and let this be the start of their downfall.

Given how this season has gone, their downfall has already started. I can't remember a Real Madrid side so weak so soon after winning the league and/or Champions League. 

10 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Yeah, still, the more the better!

Well they’re currently closer to the relegation spots than Barcelona mate! xD

Never in the history of La Liga has Barcelona been 19 points in front of Real Madrid.  The last record in that sense was 18 points in Mourinho’s final season at this point of the season. O.o

Whilst they're so low the might as well ditch him. Its not like his exit could disrupt things anymore than things have already been this season, especially if Zidane is being axed too (which he probably will be without the CL or CDR).

Leaving the issue of somehow phasing-out an increasingly past-it Ronaldo to the next manager would be poor planning.

4 hours ago, Berserker said:

Please let him leave Madrid and let this be the start of their downfall.

On the contrary, I can see Real becoming better. 

It's no secret that they play a lot better football when the likes of Bale and Ronaldo are sidelined. If they build the team around Isco and Asensio, it could see them have some stability in their success. 

He was getting slagged to pieces last season and then basically won the Champions League. I'd be careful to write him off but he's been a reduced player for a couple of years now, it's a natural thing with age and his attributes are perhaps more susceptible to the ageing process than others. I can see him being a top striker somewhere else, I'd like to see him go to Italy or something, try another, more defensive league rather than the easy option of PSG or America.

10 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

He was getting slagged to pieces last season and then basically won the Champions League. I'd be careful to write him off but he's been a reduced player for a couple of years now, it's a natural thing with age and his attributes are perhaps more susceptible to the ageing process than others. I can see him being a top striker somewhere else, I'd like to see him go to Italy or something, try another, more defensive league rather than the easy option of PSG or America.

Look at literally every one of his goals against Bayern, Atletico, and Juventus in the CL last year. He's benefited extremely from Carvajal and Marcelo being on great from, especially with their delivery and dynamism. 

He's only a target man and when there is no service, he doesn't have the ability to influence games as he used to. 

Interesting to see Madrid flop so badly after they looked to have cracked the code last season. Kroos, Modric, Isco, Asensio...say what you like about Ronaldo but his goals were a major part in winning the biggest club prize last season and trophies are what count.

Itll be interesting to see where they go from this and Ronaldo as well, is Neymar going to be the next piece of the puzzle?

I believe it. Not because Real fans are a spoiled and fickle bunch, but i'm assuming many realise the young spanish talent they have at their disposal, and the wonderful football they do play when all are on the same pitch. 

Ronaldo looks to be finished. He's benefited massively when Carvajal and Marcelo were on form, but even now Ronaldo's influence has vastly gone down. Perez isn't daft and he knows they will need another 'star' man to accompany the many spanish talent they have. And to be honest, Real will be a lot more likable side if they do that. 

I love Ronaldo, I've never hid that. I have poster of him next to @Cannabis and @Berserker holding baby @SirBalon, however I don't think he can play at a high enough level anymore to be the star man of a mega size club like Real Madrid. I fully believe if he goes to a larger club in Italy he can extend his "the guy" role for a few more years and still garnish the respect in that league, and while Ronaldo does deliver in big games and this may just be a temporary out of form time they have performed well when he isn't on the pitch vs when he is "the guy", it might be time to move away from him and Benzema.

Archived