talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup - Favourite Memories

• Subscriber

Brazil 1-7 Germany as well. Brazil progressively wound me up throughout that tournament and every win of theirs pissed me off that bit more than the last one. Whether it was the usual host rimming / bias I'm unsure but I thought they were a really bland, boring Brazil side and if they'd gone all the way it'd have been a total travesty.

But what actually happened to them was incredible. I've never got my head around how well Germany kept their heads in such a scenario. Just absolutely ruthless. We were going mad when they went 3 up, but for them to get a 4th and 5th so soon after, I've never seen a load of people react like it for a game Germany were winning xD it was a mixture of shock and laughter.

I'm pretty sure I put money on that game ending 0-0 as well.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Dan said:

Brazil 1-7 Germany as well. Brazil progressively wound me up throughout that tournament and every win of theirs pissed me off that bit more than the last one. Whether it was the usual host rimming / bias I'm unsure but I thought they were a really bland, boring Brazil side and if they'd gone all the way it'd have been a total travesty.

But what actually happened to them was incredible. I've never got my head around how well Germany kept their heads in such a scenario. Just absolutely ruthless. We were going mad when they went 3 up, but for them to get a 4th and 5th so soon after, I've never seen a load of people react like it for a game Germany were winning xD it was a mixture of shock and laughter.

I'm pretty sure I put money on that game ending 0-0 as well.

Brazil had a consistently dislikeable team from Alves to Marcelo to Luis to Neymar, so much diving from them, Neymar especially it was good to see Germany knock them out like that

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Danny said:

Brazil had a consistently dislikeable team from Alves to Marcelo to Luis to Neymar, so much diving from them, Neymar especially it was good to see Germany knock them out like that

Dislikeable team in just about every way and I always have an automatic disliking of any side the media rims the hell out of.

As for Germany, there was nothing dislikeable about them in that tournament. Just a class side in every way.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Dislikeable team in just about every way and I always have an automatic disliking of any side the media rims the hell out of.

As for Germany, there was nothing dislikeable about them in that tournament. Just a class side in every way.

Other than Neuer's flying knee that almost killed Higuain and was not sanctioned in any way i'd say.

For me, nothing beats the Battle of Nurnberg in 2006, vs Holland. Beating a very talented Dutch side, amidst a shocking performance by the referee, was superb.

Other great memories include:

- France 98 as a whole (best WC I've seen);

- Baggio miss in 1994;

- The 2002 Brazilian team;

- Italy vs Germany in 2006;

- Brazil 1-7 Germany;

- Zidane's headbutt.

• Administrator
Just now, ASF said:

For me, nothing beats the Battle of Nurnberg in 2006, vs Holland. Beating a very talented Dutch side, amidst a shocking performance by the referee, was superb.

omg how could I forget that!?

So much in that game. something like 14 cards shown? favourite thing out of all of it was Van Bronckhorst and Deco, on opposing sides, both being on the sidelines after seeing red just chatting to each other - most likely about the incompetent refereee. 

That game was madness. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

omg how could I forget that!?

So much in that game. something like 14 cards shown? favourite thing out of all of it was Van Bronckhorst and Deco, on opposing sides, both being on the sidelines after seeing red just chatting to each other - most likely about the incompetent refereee. 

That game was madness. 

16 mate.

It was insane.

On 21/01/2018 at 19:58, Danny said:

Argentina used to always be dislikeable and Brazil were always likeable nation of the two. Nowadays, it's the absolute opposite. Argentina of today are very likeable with very few players to dislike, while the current Brazil side are full of cunts.

Either way, It'd be class to see a final between those 2. It's always one I've wanted to witness as it's one of those fixtures that stick out more than any other at international level.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my biggest world cup memories actually had to do with TFF - its one moment I'll always laugh back at. That fucking thread "why the world cup final will be Argentina vs Brazil" and then Germany going on to win 7-1. Its an age thing you can see that I'm young but it really was a classic TFF moment xD

Archived