talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 20-22nd January, 2017

football forum

• Subscriber

Nicely done by us. We're quietly going about our business here. Up to 7th now and above Burnley with five straight clean sheets in all competitions (granted two of those against Fleetwood) and another win today.

Think it was a fair result on the whole. Ndidi the pick for me yet again, James and Vardy closely following.

I really do think we can get a European finish. We've got a kind last few months with only Man City, Tottenham and Arsenal of the top six to play, and even Arsenal we are surely due a result against.

Happy days. Really like Puel. Great appointment.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Now now now @Teso dos Bichos, what was the stake again? I believe it was I pay you if we get relegated, you pay me if we come top half, and we call it quits if we finish anywhere else.

I think it's safe to say you aren't winning, and with Burnley losing, Everton drawing a very winnable game and Watford losing to us, our top half chances are looking strong with us now 8 points clear of West Ham in 11th. What are we saying?

21 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Strangely comfortable defeat xDArsehole still in tact. I kept saying "is it in yet" but felt no pain :ph34r:

Are Man City the worst team in the league at corners?

Dummett and Hayden were superb. 

To be fair to City, it was hard to penetrate through 3 layers of underwear.

I realize that non-Yanks don't like stats but that's a beautiful stat right there. That Sane assist to Aguero was a thing of beauty. Some assists are better than the goals themselves.

Can't wait to see if Xavi can best Guardiola's management record and philosophy. Barca's heart and soul. Always will be.

• Administrator

Goal Southampton!!

Great pace shown by Bertrand to whip in a low cross, diverted in to his own net by Davinson Sanchez, skimming in off the post. 1-0 to the Saints!

• Administrator

how the hell has Dembele not been booked yet? Counted at least 6 fouls so far. Usually refs only let players get away wth 3 or 4, even if they are niggly. 

• Administrator

Winnable game from Spurs and they weren't that good today. Alli seems to be out of form. Perhaps conditions played a part so they couldn't play their swift and slick football. 

But this result may have bought Pellegrini a bit more time. 

The positive for this weekend was Bakary Sako. The bloke never gave up trying and was creating opportunities for himself through his hard work. He's been a real credit to our club this season. I would actually give his performance an 8/10.

Other than the three central midfielders who would get a 6/10 I would give everybody else fours across the board. Hennessey had no command, everything Fosu Mensah did was wrong, Van Aanholt struggled once again when things weren' going his way, Tomkins looked more bemused than commanding, Kelly was out of his depth, Zaha had his worst game all season and whilst Benteke tried his confidence is shot to pieces.

Hopefully this performance doesn't throw us long term. Really could do with four points against West Ham and Newcastle to reduce any pressure.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived