talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 20-22nd January, 2017

football forum

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to mention, the Emirates experience.

You can see why Arsenal have a good home record. As a team they have put a unique feel on the place. The ground itself now has an identity. It's intimidating for teams our size to play at. 

However the Arsenal fans are an absolute disgrace. From where the away end is you can see about half the home seats and they were always half full. Even at 25 minutes, 60 minutes, all the times nobody has a reason not to be in their seats there was people who would rather watch the game on a TV monitor inside.

There was no noise what so ever. Even being four goals up. No noise. How can these people have the audacity to demand a Manager that has given the club over 20 years of loyal service get sacked? I'm sure deep down he wishes he could replace them all. I felt like I was at a Charity game. The players have done very well to stamp their unique feel on the place because there's definitely no twelth man.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

I don't think you're in any danger of going down. I reckon you'll be coming top half.

Im not sure at the moment. The injuries are really beginning to pile up. There's no Goalkeeper in the market you could definitely say is better than Wayne Hennessey which is what we were hopeing for.

On paper (without Dann, Puncheon and Loftus) I have us better than Swansea, West Brom and the three promoted teams. Possibly Bournemouth and Burnley but they have Managers they'd run through brick walls for. I reckon West Ham, Stoke, Southampton etc are all better on paper. 

Given where we were after seven games I think we still have to say that avoiding the bottom five would be a very good season.

7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Forgot to mention, the Emirates experience.

You can see why Arsenal have a good home record. As a team they have put a unique feel on the place. The ground itself now has an identity. It's intimidating for teams our size to play at. 

However the Arsenal fans are an absolute disgrace. From where the away end is you can see about half the home seats and they were always half full. Even at 25 minutes, 60 minutes, all the times nobody has a reason not to be in their seats there was people who would rather watch the game on a TV monitor inside.

There was no noise what so ever. Even being four goals up. No noise. How can these people have the audacity to demand a Manager that has given the club over 20 years of loyal service get sacked? I'm sure deep down he wishes he could replace them all. I felt like I was at a Charity game. The players have done very well to stamp their unique feel on the place because there's definitely no twelth man.

This is no shock to be fair. Arsenal have never been notorious for being vocal and passionate, I wouldn't even say that about them with their away end from my experiences.

Highbury had it's moments when the fans were close to the pitch but again, was never a ground you could ever call hostile or intimidating. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Can't complain with that starting eleven. Big opportunity to open a bit of a gap between ourselves and Spurs. Don't fuck it up Reds

:D

Just now, LFCMike said:

Not the best header out but it's a difficult one to get away. Main thing was that he's won it and we've not been good enough with the second ball

It’s obvious that every goal we concede will be tracked back to something VVD did wrong. People are dying to criticise him due to his cost. 

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It’s obvious that every goal we concede will be tracked back to something VVD did wrong. People are dying to criticise him due to his cost. 

1 goal and one assist... pretty much starting to pay that fee back already... 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived