talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dortmund Advice?

football forum

Morning guys, 

New arrival to the forum here - hello! :bye:

I'm primarily a Liverpool fan, Born and bread near Liverpool but now liver over in Cork, Ireland. 

Over the last 5-6 years I've gradually become a big fan of the Bundesliga and Dortmund in particular. I tune in and watch games and highlights each week and as a Liverpool fan there are many obvious links and comparable traits in the two clubs and relative fan bases, not least Klopp, YNWA, The Kop / Yellow Wall etc etc...

Anyway I'm planning on heading over to Dortmund myself next week with a few mates, We arrive Friday and leave Monday and will be attending the Freiberg game next Saturday afternoon. 

We're all sorted for accommodation, tickets etc but I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations on decent pubs to visits and general advice on the nightlife on Friday & Saturday nights around Dortmund. 

Just to give you a bit of background into myself and my mates, We're all on or around the late 30's early 40's mark, like a nice pint in a good old fashioned pub but we're also not adverse to trendy new places, just looking for somewhere lively and active on a Friday and Saturday night, it would nice to mix and meet with locals and taste a bit of the authentic BVB fan match day experience. A bit of live music wouldn't go a miss, in terms of musical taste most of us would 90's indie kids, Oasis, Acoustic guitar bands etc so any of that would be great.  

Liverpool are also playing themselves on the Saturday night in the FA Cup so although not a deal breaker it would be nice to be able to watch that in a pub if its being shown anywhere - all recommendations welcome. 

thanks in advance

Steve

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently there's a Pub in Dortmund called Happy Happy Ding Dong. They have darts and everything, but the name alone should be worth a visit. I'll keep you posted when I have more news xD

I just checked and on the 27th they have Rock'n'Roll Karaoke :35_thinking:

• Subscriber

Welcome again Steve. The only thread you really need to participate in is Faithcore and Friends. Pretty much everything you want in a forum, plus some dank memes.

6 minutes ago, Batard said:

Welcome @Goaldigger10 and I can gif an avatar for you as well. Whether you like it is another matter entirely xD

Your avatar still freaks me out :o

So I heard there's a 90's party in the "FZW" in Dortmund every Saturday, if that's what you're interested in. Other than that, I've heard more good things about the "Subrosa". So that seems like a good place to check out. 

5 hours ago, Goaldigger10 said:

Morning guys, 

New arrival to the forum here - hello! :bye:

I'm primarily a Liverpool fan, Born and bread near Liverpool but now liver over in Cork, Ireland. 

Over the last 5-6 years I've gradually become a big fan of the Bundesliga and Dortmund in particular. I tune in and watch games and highlights each week and as a Liverpool fan there are many obvious links and comparable traits in the two clubs and relative fan bases, not least Klopp, YNWA, The Kop / Yellow Wall etc etc...

Anyway I'm planning on heading over to Dortmund myself next week with a few mates, We arrive Friday and leave Monday and will be attending the Freiberg game next Saturday afternoon. 

We're all sorted for accommodation, tickets etc but I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations on decent pubs to visits and general advice on the nightlife on Friday & Saturday nights around Dortmund. 

Just to give you a bit of background into myself and my mates, We're all on or around the late 30's early 40's mark, like a nice pint in a good old fashioned pub but we're also not adverse to trendy new places, just looking for somewhere lively and active on a Friday and Saturday night, it would nice to mix and meet with locals and taste a bit of the authentic BVB fan match day experience. A bit of live music wouldn't go a miss, in terms of musical taste most of us would 90's indie kids, Oasis, Acoustic guitar bands etc so any of that would be great.  

Liverpool are also playing themselves on the Saturday night in the FA Cup so although not a deal breaker it would be nice to be able to watch that in a pub if its being shown anywhere - all recommendations welcome. 

thanks in advance

Steve

Save your money and see Schalke...

Archived