Britannia

football forum

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

No.. What Channel?? 

Sky Atlantic.

The whole series is available on demand for those who don't want to wait a week between episodes.

I've watched the first 2 tonight.

The landscape is irritating me. Water colour and rock formations you just wouldn't see in England. Apparently they filmed it in the Czech Republic xD

2 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Sky Atlantic.

The whole series is available on demand for those who don't want to wait a week between episodes.

The landscape is irritating me. Water colour and rock formations you just wouldn't see in England. Apparently they filmed it in the Czech Republic xD

You mean the water is clear.... xD 

On 18/01/2018 at 23:23, Kitchen Sales said:

Sky Atlantic.

Do you get out much mate? :D

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Comes on here monday night, will give it a watch.

England is a shithole, don't blame them filming it in the beautiful mainland.

:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

11 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Comes on here monday night, will give it a watch.

England is a shithole, don't blame them filming it in the beautiful mainland.

I’ll bite they were going to film it in Oz but couldn’t get a landscape shot that didn’t involve a couple of bogan’s with rat tails sniffing bath salts. In the end they went NZ because they’re a 100 years ahead of Australia 

On 1/18/2018 at 16:04, Kitchen Sales said:

Anyone see the first episode or more?

nintchdbpict000375003964.jpg?strip=all&w

Roman's wearing trousers?! A person that isn't the Emperor wearing purple (not to mention it's the wrong shade or purple)?! Ew, no thanks. May as well give them M16s and nukes.

Purpur-mit-Ausfaerbung.png

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Roman's wearing trousers?! A person that isn't the Emperor wearing purple (not to mention it's the wrong shade or purple)?! Ew, no thanks. May as well give them M16s and nukes.

Purpur-mit-Ausfaerbung.png

Everything in it is incorrect but as you watch on it isn't intended to be very real anyway. The use of magic makes the story so unreal you can accept that you are not watching a real depiction of anything. 

24 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Everything in it is incorrect but as you watch on it isn't intended to be very real anyway. The use of magic makes the story so unreal you can accept that you are not watching a real depiction of anything. 

I suppose you will be telling everyone that Santa and the Easter Bunny are not real next... You can tell its not set in England though because they can walk for miles and miles and not encounter a Pikey camp.... I mean, how unrealistic is that! 

7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I suppose you will be telling everyone that Santa and the Easter Bunny are not real next... You can tell its not set in England though because they can walk for miles and miles and not encounter a Pikey camp.... I mean, how unrealistic is that! 

I thought the part where Aulus Plautius could only get a 3G signal was apt

1 minute ago, Kitchen Sales said:

I thought the part where Aulus Plautius could only get a 3G signal was apt

In some respects they were way ahead of their time.. They had the tablet as a form of communication little knowing that WiFi was some considerable way off... 

It is Britain’s most talked-about – and grisly – new TV drama, portraying an ancient past when our nation was ruled by murderous, drug-fuelled, psychopathic druids who believed in black magic and human sacrifice. 

And modern-day druids aren’t too happy with their depiction on sex-and-sorcery epic Britannia.

‘It’s fictitious nonsense,’ said Adrian Rooke. ‘They are just trying to get ratings – it’s not based on factual evidence.’

Gutted!!! thought the whole thing would have been based on facts... That's changed my view of Game of Thrones as well now... Not sure I believe that there really are dragons out there somewhere... so disheartening 

54 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Modern day druids xD

What does it mean to be a Druid in this modern day and age?

Being a Druid today does not mean trying to live in the same manner as our Celtic ancestors did in this land. We simply couldn’t – with our technology and changed world, our religion or spirituality must change. We can still follow the intention of our ancestors of blood, of the land or of tradition.  We can honour the land upon which we live, work to live in tune with the natural cycles of life, and live a life that is filled with honour, integrity and truth.  These latter three haven’t changed much over the course of millennia; they are still pretty much the same as they always were. Honour is living with great respect for yourself and for the world, for living a life filled with integrity and truth. Integrity is having the will to stand for what you believe in, even through the darkest nights of the soul.  It is standing strong though buffeted by high winds; it is living your soul truth.  Truth is living in accordance to the natural principle of life; it is finding your place in life and not working out of the bounds that our own bodies and souls are bound to in this life.  It is living in accordance with the natural world.

Sounds alright to me.... harmless enough bunch

Archived