talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Loftus-Cheek Injured for Remainder of the Season

He's got an ankle injury that's been monitored and now requires surgery. It's likely he will miss the World Cup too. Which is a massive loss for England.

Crystal Palace suddenly look light on the ground with Puncheon, Dann and R.L.C for the remainder. With two long term loans already in place it looks like we may have to fork out more cash this window than we anticipated to keep our heads above water.

• The title was changed to Loftus-Cheek Injured for Remainder of the Season
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
38 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He's got an ankle injury that's been monitored and now requires surgery. It's likely he will miss the World Cup too. Which is a massive loss for England.

Crystal Palace suddenly look light on the ground with Puncheon, Dann and R.L.C for the remainder. With two long term loans already in place it looks like we may have to fork out more cash this window than we anticipated to keep our heads above water.

you're fishing right?!

If Loftus-Cheeck had a chance of going to the World Cup then so does Marc Albrighton.

42 minutes ago, Stan said:

you're fishing right?!

If Loftus-Cheeck had a chance of going to the World Cup then so does Marc Albrighton.

Right, firstly I hope Reuben Loftus-Cheek goes after you for affecting the image of his brand by constantly changing his name. You can not stop this. His brand will go global. 

Secondly, they cannot be compared. R.L.C has been an instrumental figure in the England set up at all ages. He also rather recently captured the heart of a nation with his MOTM debut performance against the World Champions. He would have been one of the first names on Gareth's team sheet.

29 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Feel sorry for him, this also means he will be loaned out again next season and won't play for Chelsea. Felt he did okay on his loan at palace for the time he had played.

Probably best he came here perminantly for a cut price given his injuries. 

Given that Kurt Zouma, Ola Aina, Lewis Baker and Tammy Abraham haven't played to the standard that Chelsea Football Club expect from their talent whilst on loan this season you may as well give them to us for a cut price too.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

you're fishing right?!

Are you being serious? Loftus-Cheek would have been in with a chance, an outside chance but he could have got a call-up, especially after his performances for England earlier this season. 

It’s a shame he’s out, I was hoping I’d get to see him when I go to England v Italy in a couple of months. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Are you being serious? Loftus-Cheek would have been in with a chance, an outside chance but he could have got a call-up, especially after his performances for England earlier this season. 

It’s a shame he’s out, I was hoping I’d get to see him when I go to England v Italy in a couple of months. 

'an outside chance' is vastly different to a 'massive loss'. 

An outside chance I agree with. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

You'll change your mind when Jake Livermore struggles against Panama.

Not even Jake Livermore.

Jordan Henderson. 

The man you need is Matty James. 

• 1 month later...

Roy Hodgson is hopeful Ruben Loftus-Cheek will return for Crystal Palace within the next week, following an ankle injury lay-off.

The 22-year-old has established himself as one of the key players for Palace since arriving on loan from Chelsea, but has been unavailable since December 28.

Chelsea insisted upon the player's return for a period of recovery, though Hodgson is now hopeful the England international is on the brink of a comeback, following Monday's visit of Manchester United, which is live on Sky Sports Premier League.

:banana:

Archived