talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NHL Season 2017/18

football forum

Discuss all things relating to the NHL here.

Biggest surprise thus far has to be the newcombers, Vegas Golden Knights, who are currently on top of the Pacific and by a wide margin. They are just 2 points behind Tampa Bay for having the most points in the entire league.

RIght now my Blackhawks are not sitting pretty. With Crawford out, and just not playing well, they are currently out of the playoff picture, however we have just a little less than half a season remaining.

Friday, January 19, 2018
Vegas at Florida
Montreal at Washington
Los Angeles at Anaheim

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

I know my team, the Red Wings, are shit this season, but god damn they do have the best hype videos: 

I've seen the Dead Things live. Smoked the Blackhawks ¬¬

On 22/03/2018 at 08:03, Tommy said:

It's one of my biggest dreams to see the Red Wings live one day. Although I'm a bit skeptical about visiting Detroit :ph34r:

Get a bullet proof vest

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/03/2018 at 02:23, Tommy said:

This is one of the most amazing sports moments I've ever seen.

Did  they seriously just get a fan and put him in goal O.o

9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Did  they seriously just get a fan and put him in goal O.o

Well, he's an emergency goalie. Apparently he plays in a "Beer League", and used to play seriously when he was younger. He's at the stadium at every game waiting to be put on if they need him, for either team, which usually rarely happens. 

But yea, more or less :D What an amazing story though. 

13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well, he's an emergency goalie. Apparently he plays in a "Beer League", and used to play seriously when he was younger. He's at the stadium at every game waiting to be put on if they need him, for either team, which usually rarely happens. 

But yea, more or less :D What an amazing story though. 

• Subscriber

Sad to see the Sedins go but the timing and everything makes sense. It was really emotional to watch their last game at home on thursday, great players and even better people.

It almost signals the end of an era, they where the last remaining faces from the 2011 team (Edler doesnt count) so its time to turn the page. This one means a little more to me as I grew up watching them from the very begining; when they entered the league at 19 years old. Anyways the two of them are sure fire hall of famers and class acts, Ill look forward to their jersey retirement next season.

Amazing atmosphere at the play offs. @Tommy  I'm new to NHL. Do the teams play other teams in the same conference then whoever gets through play in the national?

13 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Amazing atmosphere at the play offs. @Tommy  I'm new to NHL. Do the teams play other teams in the same conference then whoever gets through play in the national?

I'm terrible at putting technical things into words, but you can read everything up here: 

https://www.nhl.com/news/stanley-cup-playoffs-format-qualification-system/c-711015

I've noticed that the play off games are tighter. Watched a bit of the Swedish league. After watching the NHL it's like watching the premier league then watching Sunday league xD

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2018 at 18:47, Gunnersauraus said:

I've noticed that the play off games are tighter. Watched a bit of the Swedish league. After watching the NHL it's like watching the premier league then watching Sunday league xD

A lot of leagues outside of NA have more hitting and more concussion related injuries because enforcing is completely banned. So a player can practically kill another without repercussion. The NHL is going that way as well, Crosby wouldn't have a single concussion if he played in the 80s, despite the fact the sport was 'more violent' then; just because a goon would knock a motherfucker out if they touched their star player.

On 5/31/2018 at 12:48, Viva la FCB said:

One hell of a playoffs thus far and the finals hasnt disappointed through the first two games. This was the Holtby save from last night; Cap's where up 3-2 with about 2 mins to go.

https://streamable.com/r4epy 

It's been okay. This final series hasn't been so much to write home about. 'Caps forecheck is too strong for Vegas', that is what it has come down to.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Spike said:

It's been okay. This final series hasn't been so much to write home about. 'Caps forecheck is too strong for Vegas', that is what it has come down to.

Well that was after 2 games, the last 2 have been kind of blowouts and pretty one sided. Vegas also looks like a bunch of whiney snots.

I am so happy for Ovi. Been there since 2004, and has suffered through a lot of pain. Often compared to Sid the Kid due to them being such massive prodigies at young ages and being drafted only a year apart. 

He couldn't stop smiling last night. Kudos to you Alex :congrats:

• Subscriber

It was great to watch one of the greats finally earn the cup. Happy for Backstrom as well, hes been there nearly as long and probably one of the most under the radar stars in the league. I dont think you can take that smile off Ovi's face.

Also Bryzgalov in vegas is a great little video, the guy is quite the character;

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/videos/bryz-heads-to-las-vegas

Archived