talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leon Goretzka: Bayern Munich to sign Schalke midfielder

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42746802

Leon Goretzka: Bayern Munich to sign Schalke midfielder

Schalke midfielder Leon Goretzka will sign for Bayern Munich when his contract expires in the summer.

2899431_full-lnd.jpg

The 22-year-old Germany international has scored 14 goals in 101 Bundesliga appearances for Schalke and will join Bayern on a four-year deal.

Goretzka - who joined from VfL Bochum in 2013 - had reportedly attracted interest from clubs including Liverpool and Manchester United.

"We've done everything we can to keep Leon," said manager Christian Heidel.

"In the summer there was an agreement with him and his advisor. He still wanted time to wait for athletic development."

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Bayern Munich CEO, added: "We are very happy that Leon has decided, despite considerable competition from abroad, to sign for FC Bayern.

"This ensures he will remain in the Bundesliga."

Unlucky for Schalke. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent player and I expect to see him in Germany's first team come the World Cup. It unfortunately further proves that the Bundesliga bar Bayern is a feeder league. However, I have no doubt this is a great signing for them and I can see Goretzka becoming a world class midfielder in the future, and not a very distant future either.

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Batard said:

Wasn’t this agreed some time ago but all kept under wraps?

Sport Bild has been reporting it since the summer for what its worth. Legally we couldn't talk to him about contracts until the winter break I believe? but we all know how that goes.

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Mata, a player you wish was back with chelsea and chelsea has missed matic tremendously! What reject(s) you talkin' bout mate? Man utd dont need to buy a fucking reject like Solanke, why? Because THE process includes giving our youth a proper chance.

Something must of went wrong cauae according to someone here, goretzka to Liverpool was a done deal

We were still shit in midfield even with Matic. That's why Kante's #'s were so high last season because he did the work of two players. 

I'll never forgive Mourinho for what he's done to Mata

Archived