• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alexis Sánchez and Henrikh Mkhitaryan Complete Swap Deal

football forum

• The title was changed to Henrikh Mkhitaryan Set To Sign For Arsenal
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mkhitayan is eligible to play in the Europa League.

He had his moments for United, he started the year on fire, but did nothing after the first 5 games.  I liked him, but I guess he was not Jose's cup of tea. Didnt seem to offer much when given the odd chance to perform the last couple of months. Wouldnt be surprised how ever it turns out at  Arsenal, he does have the skill but not sure if they will get the best out of him.

I reckon he could do well at Arsenal, I know he's seen as a dodgy signing/panic buy with the Sanchez deal but he's an attacking player who's struggled to flourish in a side that isn't that fluid at United. Maybe playing with attacking minded players at Arsenal will change that.

He’s a good player and very technical... A very different player to Alexis that requires the team to play in a different manner to get the best out of him.  The man to have gotten was Goretzka, but he’s decided to opt for Bayern, not that we were ever after him as only the big clubs around Europe were.

What I don’t agree with is giving Wenger any money or decision making on spending funds.  This should be left for when we eventually get a new coach if this ever occurs.

Bit of a desperate bit of business,  Mkhitaryan will be like Veron, good player in 1 league but not able to perform in England.     Not happy at all with Wengers business this season, Keeper, defence and midfield is so weak but he is just after attacking minded players.   

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

He’s a good player and very technical... A very different player to Alexis that requires the team to play in a different manner to get the best out of him.  The man to have gotten was Goretzka, but he’s decided to opt for Bayern, not that we were ever after him as only the big clubs around Europe were.

What I don’t agree with is giving Wenger any money or decision making on spending funds.  This should be left for when we eventually get a new coach if this ever occurs.

I'm assuming he more definsively minded than Sanchez? I think we might come out better of in the end if he puts in a good defensive shift

15 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm assuming he more definsively minded than Sanchez? I think we might come out better of in the end if he puts in a good defensive shift

He’s not a defensive minded player at all and if anyone has that in their mind then they’re going to be disappointed. He’s an attacking midfielder.  Obviously he’s not as direct as Alexis and he also isn’t a player that naturally drives with the ball at his feet in the search to strike at goal.

Mkhitaryan is an associative player that looks to combine with midfielders and front men to then intelligently get himself into goal scoring situations.  A Juan Mata type player that needs a team playing to his strengths.

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He’s not a defensive minded player at all and if anyone has that in their mind then they’re going to be disappointed. He’s an attacking midfielder.  Obviously he’s not as direct as Alexis and he also isn’t a player that naturally drives with the ball at his feet in the search to strike at goal.

Mkhitaryan is an associative player that looks to combine with midfielders and front men to then intelligently get himself into goal scoring situations.  A Juan Mata type player that needs a team playing to his strengths.

Ah right. I'm not as worried about loosing Sanchez as some people are. I think the players will be more focused when he's gone.

I think he'll do well at Arsenal, but Arsenal these days aren't as fluid on the ball as they used to be.

He would have been ideal for them a couple of years ago, but who knows, he could bring a bit of that interchange and intelligence back. I also think he would have been really good for United under Van Gaal, funnily enough.

I think we have done extremely well getting a player of his quality in a pretty dire situation. He could do very well here, especially if we make a change in management.

2 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

Bit of a desperate bit of business,  Mkhitaryan will be like Veron, good player in 1 league but not able to perform in England.     Not happy at all with Wengers business this season, Keeper, defence and midfield is so weak but he is just after attacking minded players.   

I really don't think it's Wenger's business. I have an inkling Sven Mislintat is in control of this, especially with the Aubameyang rumours. I think we're doing good business, I'm sure the midfield will be looked at as well.

3 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Can't read Mkhitaryan without thinking Targaryen.

Explains why Walcott was sold, he was obviously a Lannister with that accent.

Micky Targaryen, first of his name. Warden of having one good season in Germany and living off that for his whole time in England.

35 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I think we have done extremely well getting a player of his quality in a pretty dire situation. He could do very well here, especially if we make a change in management.

I really don't think it's Wenger's business. I have an inkling Sven Mislintat is in control of this, especially with the Aubameyang rumours. I think we're doing good business, I'm sure the midfield will be looked at as well.

Yea the attacking signings will be great but still it leaves Arsenal with the same problems which are not getting addressed with the keeper, defender and defensive midfielder, I hope it will get sorted as they have been costly this season in a lot of games. 

Just now, VanPaddy said:

Yea the attacking signings will be great but still it leaves Arsenal with the same problems which are not getting addressed with the keeper, defender and defensive midfielder, I hope it will get sorted as they have been costly this season in a lot of games. 

I agree totally, but no signing will we make will be great unless Wenger leaves. I just hope this is the sign of the club bringing in top players for the next man, not Wenger.

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I agree totally, but no signing will we make will be great unless Wenger leaves. I just hope this is the sign of the club bringing in top players for the next man, not Wenger.

Unless that “next man” has already been identified and is asking for these players, I would say spending too much money is an error. 

• The title was changed to Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Alexis Sanchez Set For Swap Deal
  • The title was changed to Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Alexis Sanchez Complete Swap Deal
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Sanchez to United official. 

Credit to them. Should help them finish top 4 and have a good run in Europe if Sanchez is arsed. 

Sanchez for me in 2016 was the 5th best player in the world. He's declined a little bit but part of it is because I don't think he was bothered with Arsenal. Even with Chile, he declined a little but that was for other motives Im betting.

Well done United.

• The title was changed to Paul Pogba Allegedly Demands Huge Wage Increase After Sanchez Move

Archived