talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alexis Sánchez and Henrikh Mkhitaryan Complete Swap Deal

football forum

Mkhitaryan is just your bang average Arsenal player now, someone who is good on the ball but a complete pussy when he has to get stuck in, can see him going missing in a lot of games like Ozil and the rest of those sort of players.  He was just decent in average leagues in Ukraine and Germany but is not a top player.  He was just swapped in a major panic but he is 29 what really is the plan with him, Arsenal again with a stop gap player. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Would you rather have had Mhiky or extra cash in the Alexis deal?

Cash doesn't really matter at all to a fan, we do not see any of it.  I would Arsenal rather have their players tied down to contracts but Mkhitaryan is 29 years old and has struggled so far at his time at Man Utd, so just do not see the logic behind getting him. 

3 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

Cash doesn't really matter at all to a fan, we do not see any of it.  I would Arsenal rather have their players tied down to contracts but Mkhitaryan is 29 years old and has struggled so far at his time at Man Utd, so just do not see the logic behind getting him. 

If we can get a coach to make this team function and gain confidence, Mhiky will ge a good player to have as well as a few others.  What's imperative is to sign a defensive midfielder, a top one!  Xhaka can go and play at Sunday League level.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

If we can get a coach to make this team function and gain confidence, Mhiky will ge a good player to have as well as a few others.  What's imperative is to sign a defensive midfielder, a top one!  Xhaka can go and play at Sunday League level.

Yea thats the frustrating thing, to build a winning team you need steel in the defence and midfield,  I really have no idea where this current team are going if it continues much longer. 

On 13/02/2018 at 21:50, SirBalon said:

And a new centreback 

Mkhitaryan is a good player, he wasn't that good against Tottenham but the whole Tottenham team were shit against us at the Emirates. Time will tell if he proves to be consistent or not.

As for Sanchez, people saying he was somehow ruined at Arsenal are unfortunately just following the moronic narrative from the press. Fact is, his numbers were a lot better than they were at Barcelona. His status individually went up, not down. However, no way is he a type of player that fits the way Mourinho likes to play.

• 4 weeks later...

Charlie Nicholas says the arrival of Alexis Sanchez has spoiled Manchester United's system and he must be dropped following their Champions League exit.

Jose Mourinho's side lost 2-1 at home to Sevilla on Tuesday evening to exit the Champions League at the last-16 stage, meaning the FA Cup is now their only realistic chance of a trophy this season.

Sanchez joined from Arsenal in January, but gave the ball away on 20 occasions in the game, and Soccer Special pundit Nicholas believes his arrival has had a negative impact on Mourinho's formation

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Hard to work out who got the worse deal so far.

Mkhitaryan has mostly been good for us, has contributed with both goals and assists and was arguably our best player in our best win of the year vs Milan. Not saying we have won the deal, but at least our player is actually performing.

• Administrator

Utd have the worst deal right now.

At least Mkhitaryan looks a little more comfortable in the Arsenal side and has provided goals/assists.

Sanchez has just been shite. Hasn't clicked at all in the Utd side and has been nowhere near as effective as he could/should be. All he has to show for his move to Utd is a goal against Huddersfield, and that was even after a penalty was missed. 

• 2 weeks later...

There is no doubt whatsoever Alexis has it in him to be one of the best players in the world... That's not even a joke and anyone that thinks otherwise has a short memory.

Aside from all that, he has developed a character that I hadn't seen before.  It seems his real self has slowly reared its ugly head and something that wasn't sensed before. The moment you think your experiment smells of roses you're a goner in my view.   He can sing all he likes that he left for success but it's more than evident he wanted a big pay day while playing in a high end league where his profile would be highlighted.  He got his move, let's see what he's got!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There is no doubt whatsoever Alexis has it in him to be one of the best players in the world... That's not even a joke and anyone that thinks otherwise has a short memory.

Aside from all that, he has developed a character that I hadn't seen before.  It seems his real self has slowly reared its ugly head and something that wasn't sensed before. The moment you think your experiment smells of roses you're a goner in my view.   He can sing all he likes that he left for success but it's more than evident he wanted a big pay day while playing in a high end league where his profile would be highlighted.  He got his move, let's see what he's got!

at 29, I think his time has past to be one of the best. 

There's too many players above him in his generation as well as the younger talents coming through.

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

There's too many players above him in his generation as well as the younger talents coming through.

It used to be arriving towards your 40th when you were reaching the end of your career although there are stories of players even going beyond that at the top end.  Then it was your mid 30s and now we've arrived at the end of your 20s which is when you reach your biological peak.

I know what you mean about younger talents coming through to challenge and supersede, but I still think he is one of the most naturally talented players in his particular position which is a complicated one as it's neither a forward or a midfielder.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Completely disagree. When Alexis Sanchez was at his best he was easily one of the 10 best footballers in the world. Maybe his time has past, but on form he was an outrageous talent.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

On the one hand, 7 years of being a country's best football player is impressive. On the other hand... can any of us name another Armenian player?

Mauro Guevgeozian

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

On the one hand, 7 years of being a country's best football player is impressive. On the other hand... can any of us name another Armenian player?

I can't name any Armenian athletes full stop. It's like she berbatov won Bulgarian footballer of the year for 47 years in a row

18 minutes ago, Blue said:

Mauro Guevzogian

Would you have known that if he didn't play in south America? I had to google him. Never heard of him and I'm not gonna attempt to pronounce his name xD

26 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

It's kind of funny how shite he's become as soon Mourinho got his hands on him. Imagine what Klopp or pep could do with players like Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial or even Pogba.

The strange thing is he even turns defenders shit now and they're the only players he uses

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Blue said:

Completely disagree. When Alexis Sanchez was at his best he was easily one of the 10 best footballers in the world. Maybe his time has past, but on form he was an outrageous talent.

It's all past tense.

'was at his best' 

'was easily one of the 10 best'. 

I'm talking about now hence saying his chance to carry on being the best has gone because there are much better players coming to the fore or there are players his age who aren't being as shit as he is for the past couple of seasons. 

Note that I don't think he's a bad player or has been so in the past. He's been excellent in the past which I'm not disagreeing with. But Balon's point said 'no doubt he has it in him to be one of the best players in the world'. I do not think so any more. 

9 hours ago, Stan said:

It's all past tense.

'was at his best' 

I'm talking about now hence saying his chance to carry on being the best has gone because there are much better players coming to the fore or there are players his age who aren't being as shit as he is for the past couple of seasons. 

Note that I don't think he's a bad player or has been so in the past. He's been excellent in the past which I'm not disagreeing with. But Balon's point said 'no doubt he has it in him to be one of the best players in the world'. I do not think so any more. 

Yeah there's got to be doubt after his performances this year.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

It's all past tense.

'was at his best' 

Fair enough I don't really agree with that either as I think it's all confidence and motivation issues but we all think differently I suppose

Archived