• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alexis Sánchez and Henrikh Mkhitaryan Complete Swap Deal

football forum

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

It was originally from the NBA team the Philadelphia 76ers. They were massively criticised for 'tanking'. Which is basically being shit on purpose so they can acquire better young talent, as in American sports the shitter teams get the better young college talent through being gifted high draft picks.

So here, it's not even being used correctly. I also think the Cleveland browns fans are taking the piss because they never seem to improve.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, sorry but it's not as though Latin American players haven't been at England or anything. And again, most of the money off shirt sales goes to the kit manufacturers, not the club.

The move is a good one because he's a good player. But not because of some kind of financial magic from signing a South American star.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The support we've got from Egypt has dwarfed with Salah any latin support we've had for Suarez, Coutinho, Firmino, etc.

Obviously Alexis isn’t Messi or Neymar and if Liverpool didn’t maximise their marketing potential with Suárez then the club has to be looked at. Maybe things were learned and that’s why with Salah things are different. But the Latin American market is massive but the problem is the Premier League doesn’t sell well there. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Obviously Alexis isn’t Messi or Neymar and if Liverpool didn’t maximise their marketing potential with Suárez then the club has to be looked at. Maybe things were learned and that’s why with Salah things are different. But the Latin American market is massive but the problem is the Premier League doesn’t sell well there. 

The thing is, South America has a fair few ‘named brands’ that clubs share out.  Messi, Suarez, James, Sanchez for instance.  

Salah is totally out on his own in Egypt. He’s literally the country’s king and that’s the reason we make so much money out of him. He’s also now the APOY ahead of some seriously good players which brings its own financial gains. 

All this will all be factored into the cost when we sell him to Real Madrid in the summer.  

16 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The are always reasons as to why things can go wrong mate.  You’re right that Mourinho will ostracise Alexis if the Chilean starts to think he owns the joint...  But I don’t think that will happen for two main reasons.  One is the fact it’s Mourinho he’s playing for and he knows about Mourinho very well and the second reason is that he’s going to Manchester United which is very different to being at Arsenal.

We will find out. I figure it will go pretty well for awhile. Then it just depends. B|

Havent seen much of Mkhi over his career but hope he turns out to be a good player for Arsenal. Sanchez is not the same player this season he previously was and him leaving is not a big deal because he wasn't going to perform with the club well anyways. He has been superb in the last three years and probably the most passionate in the team who was always hungry to win. Hope this move is good for all the parties involved. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Too early to tell

Agreed.

It all reminds me of why I came off Twitter. Saturday was full of Manchester United fans called 'Alexis7' laughing at how quiet Mkhitaryan was against Tottenham, calling him a bad signing, saying United got the better deal. Then Sunday was full of Arsenal fans called '#WengerOut' laughing at how quiet Sanchez was, calling him a bad signing, saying Arsenal got the better signing. 

It's been two games. For this type of deal you should be comparing them at the end of next season once they've settled and you can see the long term impact they've both had.

34 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Agreed.

It all reminds me of why I came off Twitter. Saturday was full of Manchester United fans called 'Alexis7' laughing at how quiet Mkhitaryan was against Tottenham, calling him a bad signing, saying United got the better deal. Then Sunday was full of Arsenal fans called '#WengerOut' laughing at how quiet Sanchez was, calling him a bad signing, saying Arsenal got the better signing. 

It's been two games. For this type of deal you should be comparing them at the end of next season once they've settled and you can see the long term impact they've both had.

A player doesnt need to be settled down to not make this kind of a "cross"  xD

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

I don't get the point you're trying to make. Every player at some point is going to make a bad cross, no matter how long they've been at a club.

I agree and I said that in the match thread that I hope is much better than that. 

However I laughed hard when he made that cross and also some other passes which were terrible and then I saw your post which said he need to settle, even though he is new to the club and to the way arsenal play, some of the stuff I saw from him against Spurs was out right comical from a professional player. May be he was nervous since its a derby and his first away match with the club. 

He's quality but from looking at past video reels of the player he seems to suffer from what various of a our present players do which is that he's not one to take the bull by the horns and be a reference and influence for the team.  He's yet another that plays well when the team are being dominant and confident.  Let's see what happens because he's new and a modem of understanding must be offered.

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He's quality but from looking at past video reels of the player he seems to suffer from what various of a our present players do which is that he's not one to take the bull by the horns and be a reference and influence for the team.  He's yet another that plays well when the team are being dominant and confident.  Let's see what happens because he's new and a modem of understanding must be offered.

Great post. The Wenger effect 

Archived