talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Takeover

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Staveley has made another bid but Mike Ashley is waiting to see the the new Premier League TV deal next month to see if he can push the price up according to the Daily Star

Don't sound like Ashley will ever let the club go... Every time there is an option on the table he seems to be holding out for more money it seems. Mind you it's the Star and you can take what they say with a pinch of salt

Hypothetical, yet totally plausible, situation here. Newcastle get relegated this year, the club’s value will (surely) tumble, so if Mike Ashley isn’t willing to sell the club as a Premier League club, why would he sell a Championship club, for presumably a lower figure? 

Anyway, North East Football is being hamstrung by two of it’s clubs owners, Mike Ashley and Ellis Short. Attendances at St James’ Park and the Stadium of Light could be dramatically reduced next season, if both poisonous owners are still at their respective clubs. 

He is so rich and this is so little money to him that he will wait for as long as he feels he has to. No pressure to sell.

The club is expected to make a £50m profit this season. If we go down he will just put that into trying to get back up.  Eventually it won't pay off. We will go down and not come back. You can't yo-yo forever.

Journos are now saying that PCP has found out the deal is off via the media tonight. If that is true then so will Rafa, he could walk any minute surely. It was only a few days ago when the press were reporting that Troy Deeney asked for reassurances that Rafa was going to stay and Rafa told him he couldn't give that.

Rafa's saying that Ashley told him 2-3 weeks ago the Stavely takeover wouldn't happen. He really does have the worst luck with the owners of the clubs that employ him - I know he wants to stay in England, but I wonder if he regrets just not staying at Valencia and dealing with their shithead board rather than continually getting fucked around by even more shitheaded boards.

I can't imagine him staying for too much longer. I suspect he won't walk away mid-season unless a spot opens up at a club that's got a bit more of a stable future than Newcastle are offering. Rafa likes to tinker, he's not going to stay at a club that's not going to let him be able to tinker.

14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Rafa's saying that Ashley told him 2-3 weeks ago the Stavely takeover wouldn't happen. He really does have the worst luck with the owners of the clubs that employ him - I know he wants to stay in England, but I wonder if he regrets just not staying at Valencia and dealing with their shithead board rather than continually getting fucked around by even more shitheaded boards.

I can't imagine him staying for too much longer. I suspect he won't walk away mid-season unless a spot opens up at a club that's got a bit more of a stable future than Newcastle are offering. Rafa likes to tinker, he's not going to stay at a club that's not going to let him be able to tinker.

Same old Rafa. Always the victim.

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah it's totally his fault that Mike Ashley is an awful club owner :dunce:

Oh give over. Rafa is the one that picks the team, alienates the squad by going on about how he needs more players, sets them up in a way that hasn't seen them win at home in months. This is still the same set of players that were being talked about to go unbeaten at the start of last season with a couple more first team additions.

They are no worse than any of the other teams down the bottom and he should be performing better as a Manager than he is.

54 minutes ago, Dan said:

Their squad is horrendous in fairness. I think they've got the worst side now of the three who came up.

Probably in terms of balance, that is because the other 2 were allowed to buy more players. 

We didn't get a number 10, we didn't get a proper striker, we didn't get a keeper, we didn't get a left back. Rafa said all summer these are the positions an upgrade is needed for the Premier League. He wasn't even asking for some world beaters either, a loan would have done but the wages to do that weren't allowed.

We are 1 in 1 out because of the strict business model enforced on the club. So we bought 4 players, loaned 1 and the other 2 brought in about a dozen each.

We signed the player we loaned as soon as it looked like we might be able to make a future profit off him. The business model is putting us in danger of relegation again. Mike Ashley is thick as pig shit when it comes to football. He got us relegated twice he will do it again and again until somehow he gets lucky.

In the famous words of Kevin Keegan... "Derek Llambais knows nothing about football, Mike Ashley knows even less"

Archived