talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who’s on England’s £9.99 Flight to Russia?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Hart will be number one. Southgate just hasn't got the balls to drop him. But in fairness to Hart, he's better than Forster. I'd have Butland or Pickford in personally. In reality keepers are Hart, Pickford, Butland.

Defence... I reckon Stones, Jones and Maguire are nailed on to go (I'm livid at myself for bottling backing Maguire to go at 5/1 in August), with maybe Cahill to go with them. Full backs / wing backs I think will be Walker, Trippier, Rose and probably Bertrand.

Midfield... I reckon it'll be Henderson, Drinkwater, Alli, Lingard, Dier, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere* and maybe even someone a bit unexpected like Harry Winks. Although looking at that I'm largely going off the assumption he plays 3 at the back. I think he'd be mad not to. We've got good centre halves for it, very good wing backs and pretty poor wingers. If we turn up playing 4-2-3-1 he's off his head.

Forwards... Kane nailed on, Vardy I think goes, Sterling's nailed on, then most likely Rashford.

* If fit, which is a big if, although he wasn't fit for the Euros and still went. Couldn't contain my shock when a bloke who'd played about 100 minutes all season couldn't hack tournament football.

Edit: Missed off Sterling xD

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Hart will be number one. Southgate just hasn't got the balls to drop him. But in fairness to Hart, he's better than Forster. I'd have Butland or Pickford in personally. In reality keepers are Hart, Pickford, Butland.

Defence... I reckon Stones, Jones and Maguire are nailed on to go (I'm livid at myself for bottling backing Maguire to go at 5/1 in August), with maybe Cahill to go with them. Full backs / wing backs I think will be Walker, Trippier, Rose and probably Bertrand.

Midfield... I reckon it'll be Henderson, Drinkwater, Alli, Lingard, Dier, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere* and maybe even someone a bit unexpected like Harry Winks. Although looking at that I'm largely going off the assumption he plays 3 at the back. I think he'd be mad not to. We've got good centre halves for it, very good wing backs and pretty poor wingers. If we turn up playing 4-2-3-1 he's off his head.

Forwards... Kane nailed on, Vardy I think goes, Sterling's nailed on, then most likely Rashford.

* If fit, which is a big if, although he wasn't fit for the Euros and still went. Couldn't contain my shock when a bloke who'd played about 100 minutes all season couldn't hack tournament football.

Edit: Missed off Sterling xD

Alli is a forward m8 4-3-1-2 for me. Alli the withdrawn forward behind Vardy and Kane.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Barkley nailed on because he plays for Chelsea now instead of Everton so must be a better player than he was 6 months ago regardless of whether he stays fit or actually performs. :coffee:

See Drinkwater. Absolute comedy if he goes to Russia on the back of being a squad player at Chelsea yet doesn't go to France when he's played nearly every game for a side who won the league.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It's actually pretty hard to get to Russia, you have to get a Visa which will set you back about £50.00 on its own.

I've not been but it's one country I do want to go to, in particular St Petersburg which is supposedly beautiful.

St. Petersburg is lovely. There's a good way to visit it without the visa, just fly to Stockholm, Helsinki or Tallinn and book a ferry to St. Petersburg, then you get up to 72 hours to spend there visa-free :) 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

St Petersburg is a wonderful city, absolutely loved my time there.

It really is impressive and even incomparable to any other cities in the world, in my opinion. Just has that unique vibe to it. Moscow is cool too, but I barely remember any of it as I visited as a child a long time ago...

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It's actually pretty hard to get to Russia, you have to get a Visa which will set you back about £50.00 on its own.

I've not been but it's one country I do want to go to, in particular St Petersburg which is supposedly beautiful.

They are relaxing the visa rules for the WC. IF you have a ticket you can get some 'fan ID' card which will get you in without a visa.

On 14/03/2018 at 21:37, Marc said:

They are relaxing the visa rules for the WC. IF you have a ticket you can get some 'fan ID' card which will get you in without a visa.

They'll also let you skip the queues at customs on the way out if you are willing to carry a nerve agent in your suitcase with you 

Archived