• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

James McCarthy Suffers Potential Career-Ending Broken Leg

football forum

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Last ditch tackle and Rondon seemed to kick his leg instead of the ball accidentally (Rondon himself burst into tears on the pitch). 

Heard a snap from where I was sitting and saw his leg flopped over, I thought it was a broken ankle but the club have confirmed it's a double leg break.

I remember shawcross in tears when he did that tackle on Ramsey

They were talking about this incident here in the U.S. Absolutely freak accident that is really just a tragedy for both player and offender.

Hope that he can one day play professional football again.

• The title was changed to James McCarthy Suffers Potential Career-Ending Broken Leg
  • Subscriber

Oviedo, Coleman and McCarthy in the space of two years(?)

Such shite though. Can't believe it happens to a player who's had completely unrelated injury problems for 2-3 years then finally gets fit and gets done in by a freak accident.

There's no real positives when this happens but at least it was because of a freak accident and not reckless old school English football challenge that caused it.

We lost Alan Judge to one at Ipswich and other than that, I've not seen too many of those in recent years? Especially not in the Prem, feel like the last one was Ramsey? And Eduardo before him.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Danny said:

There's no real positives when this happens but at least it was because of a freak accident and not reckless old school English football challenge that caused it.

We lost Alan Judge to one at Ipswich and other than that, I've not seen too many of those in recent years? Especially not in the Prem, feel like the last one was Ramsey? And Eduardo before him.

Nolan's tackle on Anichebe a few years ago. Probably one of the worst ever. 

Archived