talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

On 29/07/2018 at 16:35, carefreeluke said:

Need to finish the latest season of Narcos.

Vikings has been mentioned to me a few times over the years, it's worth the watch right? Will get onto it when I finish Narcos.

Finished. 

And in my opinion I have to say the third season was even better than the first two. The amount of emotions it involved, crazy. 

• Administrator

the new Sky Witness channel seems decent for your standard 9pm new drama programmes.

Started watching a programme called For The People. Courtroom drama. Mild start but hoping/expecting it gets better as the series goes on.

On 01/08/2018 at 04:47, Dr. Gonzo said:

Never watched Trailer Park Boys until I got home from work yesterday. Now I'm on season 4.

What was your final verdict mate? I'm always on the lookout for funny shows! Ideally if i can find something that makes me laugh more than Rick & Morty I'll be on a great wicket! 

52 minutes ago, Harry said:

What was your final verdict mate? I'm always on the lookout for funny shows! Ideally if i can find something that makes me laugh more than Rick & Morty I'll be on a great wicket! 

It’s pretty funny. Some moments are absolutely hilarious. I don’t know if you’ll laugh more than Rick & Morty though.

• Upvote 1

Suits

Starting this show a few weeks ago, and my god is it hilarious and entertaining. Absolutely love binge watching this show with the wife, and I will thoroughly hate when I'm done with this. 

On season 4 and enjoy the hell out of it. 

• Upvote 1

Suits

Like @Eco said above, only just started watching this. Obviously knew about it for years and was tempted to give it a go about 5 years ago but it seemed a bit twatish at the time. Got to say now I'm hooked to it, managed to watch about 7 series in the last few weeks. There was one series where I thought the pace of everything dropped a bit (might be series 4), but other than that it's been class.

Luke Cage

Didn't know this was being made in line with Daredevil, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones. Gave some spoilers away about Jessica Jones which has pissed me off as I was tempted to give that a go too. But series 1 has been class.

• Upvote 1

I've decided instead to go with season 4 of Black Mirror. I'm not as big of a fan of this show as some people are, overrated in my opinion but there's always a couple of episodes per season that make it worth it.

Also, going to wait some time for the new season of Better Call Saul to develop before I watch that.

On 15/08/2018 at 11:33, Eco said:

Suits

Starting this show a few weeks ago, and my god is it hilarious and entertaining. Absolutely love binge watching this show with the wife, and I will thoroughly hate when I'm done with this. 

On season 4 and enjoy the hell out of it. 

I found season 4 a little rocky but it picks up again from 5. 

Agreed that i wish i knew more similar shows to watch with the mrs. Entourage maybe similar in a way but a bit too overtly chauvinistic. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

@nudge  @Bluewolf

What have you guys thought about the last couple episodes of Yellowstone? Im up to date again (Unraveling Part1) and im a bit on the fence. I think the last episode in particular is getting a little too soapy with Kayces family situation and the whole brain trauma and then Jaimie with his campaign and the fight with John in the middle of his cancer battle. Its losing me a bit from what was so interesting to start out.

Im hoping it will rebound, dont get me wrong its not all bad I did enjoy Rips back story and what was going on with him between the tourists (which was hilarious!) and the sheriffs investigating that and the grizzly bear.

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

@nudge  @Bluewolf

What have you guys thought about the last couple episodes of Yellowstone? Im up to date again (Unraveling Part1) and im a bit on the fence. I think the last episode in particular is getting a little too soapy with Kayces family situation and the whole brain trauma and then Jaimie with his campaign and the fight with John in the middle of his cancer battle. Its losing me a bit from what was so interesting to start out.

Im hoping it will rebound, dont get me wrong its not all bad I did enjoy Rips back story and what was going on with him between the tourists (which was hilarious!) and the sheriffs investigating that and the grizzly bear.

Still an interesting watch for me at the moment, The mountain top scene with the tourists was rather unexpected I must admit and then the bear and all the questions... Even funnier when they sent that officer who got thrown and impaled... " your not gonna die, because they will think I did it" xD

It's coming on all fronts now which I kind of expected as we get deeper into it and have more characters and scenarios to explore... It seems to be a case of when it rains it pours with everything coming all at once..  

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Still an interesting watch for me at the moment, The mountain top scene with the tourists was rather unexpected I must admit and then the bear and all the questions... Even funnier when they sent that officer who got thrown and impaled... " your not gonna die, because they will think I did it" xD

It's coming on all fronts now which I kind of expected as we get deeper into it and have more characters and scenarios to explore... It seems to be a case of when it rains it pours with everything coming all at once..  

That bit was so good, right before that shes like "I've heard alot of stories about you" and he said something along the lines of "Most are probably true" it set up so well. Even the beginning scene with the tourists like 10 feet from the grizzly, oh man. 

It does seem like its pouring and the episodes names seem appropriate but it just feels a bit much all at once.

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

That bit was so good, right before that shes like "I've heard alot of stories about you" and he said something along the lines of "Most are probably true" it set up so well. Even the beginning scene with the tourists like 10 feet from the grizzly, oh man. 

It does seem like its pouring and the episodes names seem appropriate but it just feels a bit much all at once.

Bound to happen though when you consider everything that's going on... I will be sticking with it, something has to go tits up somewhere you would have thought but hard to tell where it might come from with everything that's going on... 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

@nudge  @Bluewolf

I didn't particularly enjoy Kayce's (didn't realise that's his real name, I thought it was Casey haha) family storyline either (too much drama and clichés), but I'm still enjoying the show! All the scheming, power play and dysfunctional family dynamics keeps me interested xD 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I didn't particularly enjoy Kayce's (didn't realise that's his real name, I thought it was Casey haha) family storyline either (too much drama and clichés), but I'm still enjoying the show! All the scheming, power play and dysfunctional family dynamics keeps me interested xD 

Beth is a good character for me.. Although always seeming in control and scheming and manipulating the downfall of others, You can't help think she is on the very edge of completely losing control if that makes any sense... She is always pushing the boundaries constantly..  

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Beth is a good character for me.. Although always seeming in control and scheming and manipulating the downfall of others, You can't help think she is on the very edge of completely losing control if that makes any sense... She is always pushing the boundaries constantly..  

Yeah, she's completely off the rails, definitely a great character writing there... I also like Rip (especially now with the backstory) and also Jimmy, I think he has a bigger role to play.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, nudge said:

At least im not the only one! I just didnt care about any of that shite  xD Theres definitely enough going on to keep my interest but it did wane a bit with all that. The chief (I forget his name) and Dan coming together is an interesting development to tackle Yellowstone and the Duttons together. 

Beth is great character writing and acting (I knew i recognized her but I couldnt picture it until I looked it up, True Detective season 2) I agree with the Jimmy bit they seem to be slowly developing a really good character there. The bit about Rip's story and as i was mentioning with the moutain top scene with the bear and tourists and then the sheriff is all great stuff.

On 20/08/2018 at 06:34, Cannabis said:

Started watching Gotham tonight and absolutely loved it. Really impressed with what they have done here and even happier because the first episodes of most series are usually shit, as people are being introduced but this was great. 

I've never been a fan of Penguin, so hopefully there's some house fire around his place soon but other than that, 10/10. 

I don't mind Gotham but I'll take a Bruno Heller show with a grain of salt. I used to watch the mentalist due to the very well set up long running hunt for the genius serial killer Red John.... the ending for that was one of the weakest and most disappointing conclusions to a show i can remember. Bruno clearly  had no idea what he was doing with that plot line beyond continually reengineering a way to strong people on for a few more episodes... 

Edited by Harry

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Recently I watched the first two seasons of Stan Lee's Lucky Man on Sky Box Sets. I really enjoyed it to be fair, even if the concept is totally weird, I found it quite compelling. It got a bit too comic booky in the last few episodes of season two though.

Then I watched Patrick Melrose. A pretty dark series, Cumberbatch as usual was on point.

Currently getting towards the end of Billions season 3. Sometimes I think this series is fantastic, other times I think it's just alright. The main cast are very good and what it does well is makes it hard to know who to root for.

All of these will be sidelined from tomorrow though as Bojack Horseman season 5 is released on Netflix.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

@nudge @Bluewolf

I guess that was the finale? interesting. Anyways Yellowstone was renewed for a 10 episode season 2 coming out next year. There is already a teaser trailer that was released a bit ago.

https://popculture.com/tv-shows/2018/08/05/yellowstone-season-2-teaser-released/

I actually haven't watched the finale yet... Got caught up with other things (mainly Star Wars haha). Will watch it soon though - glad it's been renewed!

• Administrator

Started watching Money Heist on Netflix while on holiday last week and continued it last night. 

Don't usually watch a foreign series as sometimes takes a bit too long to get in to but this Spanish one caught my eye and hasn't disappointed. 

20 hours ago, Stan said:

Started watching Money Heist on Netflix while on holiday last week and continued it last night. 

Don't usually watch a foreign series as sometimes takes a bit too long to get in to but this Spanish one caught my eye and hasn't disappointed. 

I've heard only good things. Amazing or just really good? 

• The topic was pinned