talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Having watched the whole thing I come away very satisfied. I liked the ending. I enjoyed the flashbacks as much as the present day too, and although I felt the same about younger Hugh at first, I warmed to him quite a bit.

I loved how the whole series was directed by the one man, Flanagan (who did the great Gerald's game) as it really helped set and keep the theme and storytelling strong throughout. I was very impressed by it all in all, I don't want to get into details for those that haven't watched but I would urge you to check it out. 

PS:Theo is very hot indeed.

It's not until the end that a lot of scenes come together and make sense... I thought it was very good

• Subscriber

I watched it all, not sure why.

Daft as this is, I only watched Lost in 2016, went through it all in 3 weeks. The inital phase, first 2 series. No other series has had me so gripped, in my opinion it went a bit mad on lost its way a bit. It could have been much better in the final 2 seasons, maybe a fight against survival and getting off the land for good.

4 hours ago, MUFC said:

I watched it all, not sure why.

Daft as this is, I only watched Lost in 2016, went through it all in 3 weeks. The inital phase, first 2 series. No other series has had me so gripped, in my opinion it went a bit mad on lost its way a bit. It could have been much better in the final 2 seasons, maybe a fight against survival and getting off the land for good.

It's a slow burn. It's not gripping she of the seat stuff. It's a new level of gritty realism with no sugar coating.

For me season 4 of The Wire is probably the greatest single season of any show I've ever seen. It set a standard that was hugely influential in kicking off the golden age of TV series that we're currently in. 

5 hours ago, Cicero said:

Yes. Admittedly I only watched a couples episodes at Uni

It was a slow burn for me in season 1 and 2. I was watching with no real expectations after finishing the shield and on holidays with nothing better to do. 

I imagine expectations would be key and with people hyping it so much now it could well be a different story for those who are late to the party. 

• Administrator
15 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

It's not until the end that a lot of scenes come together and make sense... I thought it was very good

I suppose the denouement of it all at the end wasn't too bad, but I think I was expecting more scary moments (I know I said I didn't like that there were many to begin with!) at the end. It seemed a bit tame and mellow but it was very dark which I did like.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Didn't want to make a topic for this but I think I need to watch more It Ain't Half Hot Mum after this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46931129

R.I.P. Winsor Davis, the wife told me he had died this morning, we loved watching that show with Windsor Davis, Don Estelle, and Melvyn Hayes, then Davis and Estelle sang and released the song Whispering Grass, a beautiful voice Estelle had and Windsor with a deep Welsh voice with him, that song was a UK No1 hit in 1975, you should have made a topic on it, Windsor Davis was one of the Welsh greats in acting.

uk-wales-46931129

Edited by CaaC - John

• Subscriber
On 19/01/2019 at 20:05, Stan said:

Have started watching You on Netflix. 

Heard it gets quite tasty in the middle episodes and a little fucked up?

I’ve just got the last episode to watch now and I’m really enjoying it!

• Administrator
Just now, Pyfish said:

I’ve just got the last episode to watch now and I’m really enjoying it!

I can see why it gets tasty in the middle. I watched 4 episodes yesterday and I'm really enjoying it, too. Plenty of mystery and twists and interesting character traits about it and not just in the obvious ways that you'd relate with a drama like this. 

I can't quite work out if the main girl (Beck) is hot or not xD 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Stan said:

I can see why it gets tasty in the middle. I watched 4 episodes yesterday and I'm really enjoying it, too. Plenty of mystery and twists and interesting character traits about it and not just in the obvious ways that you'd relate with a drama like this. 

She’s hot!

On 20/01/2019 at 20:49, Stan said:

Smoking.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Five episodes into Money Heist. Enjoying it a lot so far.

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm on episode 2 of part 2. 

Very high quality. Deserves much greater attention than it's got.

Brilliant series. 

Underrated, for sure. 

So many good characters across the board. Probably one of my favourites that I watched last year. 

• Subscriber
On 20/01/2019 at 20:49, Stan said:

44 minutes ago, Rick said:

Smoking.

One of my friends thinks Annika is hotter... and now he is no longer my friend.

Started watching You, and three episodes in and the only thing I feel is that this could have  been so much darker and better. It seems like a Gossip Girl version of a creepy dude story.

And what terrible plot holes. He is standing there, on the road in front of her giant window and she doesn't spot him? Or he is travelling everywhere with her boyfriend's mobile phone, including bringing it to his home and he won't be caught because that? Cause Indian true series regularly show how cell phones get registered in nearby towers and therefore you can tell their positions even on a latter date. 

Hopefully, this gets better in the coming episodes. 

On 21/01/2019 at 02:19, Stan said:

She is poor man's Evan Rachel Wood. Still cute though. 

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Ew, no thanks. She looks like a man :/ 

Spot on. 

Peaches on the other hand :x

• The topic was pinned