talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Watched the first two episodes of Sex Education on Netflix over the weekend. Wasn't expecting to enjoy it but so far it's alright!

You'll enjoy it.

Watched it a couple of weeks too. It doesn't get worse but at the same time, it doesn't scream out 'Wow'. It is enjoyable if you don't want anything too serious but it is light-hearted.

One thing I hated about it is that it's clearly set in America (left-hand drive, the branded US-style uniform, general setting of the school) but everyone has British accents. I'm not sure if that was an oversight of it all but I had to get over it to enjoy the programme. 

Watched the first episode of Jack Ryan on Amazon. I thought it was an excellent opening, looking forward to the rest of it. John Kazinski is pretty bloody good when it comes to serious roles, after this and 'a quiet place'. Looking forward to more dramatic roles for him in the future.

58 minutes ago, Stan said:

You'll enjoy it.

Watched it a couple of weeks too. It doesn't get worse but at the same time, it doesn't scream out 'Wow'. It is enjoyable if you don't want anything too serious but it is light-hearted.

One thing I hated about it is that it's clearly set in America (left-hand drive, the branded US-style uniform, general setting of the school) but everyone has British accents. I'm not sure if that was an oversight of it all but I had to get over it to enjoy the programme. 

I've seen it too. Solid 8/10 for me as it was fairly humourous. Felt a bit like a light hearted version of Skins.

They actually filmed loads of it in Wales believe it or not. But the way they portrayed it did feel like it was trying to cater for an American audience.

The other thing I found puzzling was the constant reference's to the 80's, especially soundtrack wise and yet they all use mobile phones. Ok...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Just watched the pilot episode of Hanna, a TV show remake of the movie of the same name... Full series coming out in March. I enjoyed the movie so gave the pilot episode a go and am looking forward to the rest now!

• Subscriber

Started American Vandal which is a mockumentary series which spoofs the true crime documentaries that seem to be everywhere. First season is about a guy who drew cocks on 27 staff cars at a school. First episode was pretty good. Definitely a show to wind down too and have a little laugh at. It's very well done!

• Upvote 1

@Cicero Ed Gein was the best though. Look what they found when they raided his home:-

• Whole human bones and fragments[29]
  • A wastebasket made of human skin[30]
  • Human skin covering several chair seats[31]
  • Skulls on his bedposts[32]
  • Female skulls, some with the tops sawn off[33][31][30]
  • Bowls made from human skulls[30]
  • A corset made from a female torso skinned from shoulders to waist[31]
  • Leggings made from human leg skin[30]
  • Masks made from the skin of female heads[33][31][32]
  • Mary Hogan's face mask in a paper bag[32]
  • Mary Hogan's skull in a box[34]
  • Bernice Worden's entire head in a burlap sack[35]
  • Bernice Worden's heart "in a plastic bag in front of Gein's potbellied stove"[36]
  • Nine vulvae in a shoe box[37]
  • A young girl's dress and "the vulvas of two females judged to have been about fifteen years old"[38]
  • A belt made from female human nipples[39]
  • Four noses[28]
  • A pair of lips on a window shade drawstring[28]
  • A lampshade made from the skin of a human face[28]
  • Fingernails from female fingers

On a serious note, what the fuck leads people to commit such acts? It tends to always be males as well. 

• Subscriber
On 11/02/2019 at 23:13, LFCMike said:

Four episodes into Killing Eve. Very good so far

That reminds me, I need to watch it. I only got 2 episodes in before I started moving house!

On 10/02/2019 at 11:58, MUFC said:

Watched 3 episodes of stranger things. Utter dogshit.

What do you not like about it? I really enjoyed it.

• Subscriber

Watched the premiere of Doom Patrol today. Normally I don't like superhero stuff at all but the premise of this one caught my attention because it's about a band of misfits each of whom suffered a horrible accident at some point that gave them superhuman abilities, but also left them scarred and disfigured. Anyone else watched it yet? Interesting backstories and plenty of dry humour; I really enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Just started watching Friday Night Dinner. It's had me crippled over laughing a few times already.

one of my favourite comedies. Jim (the neighbour) is sensational. 

18 minutes ago, Danny said:

Just got through series 1 of Man Like Mobeen, pretty decent so far.

Now I've got Sky started watching Atlanta series 2, quality series, very understated humour

Love this, too. Series 2 is just as good. Same kind of stuff and doesn't really have anything different from the first, but just good entertaining short programme to watch. I find Aqsa hilarious. And the coppers xD 

• The topic was pinned