talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber

Finally got around to watching Damnation. I remember you @nudge suggested it a while back. 2 episodes in and I love it so far, theres alot going on storywise and some great characters and dialogue already. Unfortunately the first thing I did was look up to see if they ever planned a second season only to find out It was swiftly cancelled after the first. Its not surprising given its a bit off the wall, not the norm that will attract big viewer numbers but its a real shame nonetheless.  

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Finally got around to watching Damnation. I remember you @nudge suggested it a while back. 2 episodes in and I love it so far, theres alot going on storywise and some great characters and dialogue already. Unfortunately the first thing I did was look up to see if they ever planned a second season only to find out It was swiftly cancelled after the first. Its not surprising given its a bit off the wall, not the norm that will attract big viewer numbers but its a real shame nonetheless.  

I think I only watched 3 episodes or so and then forgot all about it... 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, nudge said:

I think I only watched 3 episodes or so and then forgot all about it... 

Party Pooper. Well Im gonna finish it, so there. Are you still going on The Son? Its been getting better as it goes Its just a shame all the back story wont get hashed out. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Party Pooper. Well Im gonna finish it, so there. Are you still going on The Son? Its been getting better as it goes Its just a shame all the back story wont get hashed out. 

Don't get me wrong, I thought Damnation was good, but for some reason I didn't get hooked on it as I do on some other shows :P 

Actually caught up with The Son last night! I agree that it's gotten a lot better; really enjoyed the last few episodes. I think they'll have to wrap thing up quickly though and we won't get a satisfying end to the series :( 

First episode of Season 2 of Yellowstone is out as well! Not sure I'm going to watch it though.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Don't get me wrong, I thought Damnation was good, but for some reason I didn't get hooked on it as I do on some other shows :P 

Actually caught up with The Son last night! I agree that it's gotten a lot better; really enjoyed the last few episodes. I think they'll have to wrap thing up quickly though and we won't get a satisfying end to the series :( 

First episode of Season 2 of Yellowstone is out as well! Not sure I'm going to watch it though.

We definitely wont get a proper ending especially if they had planned for another season. They very well could wrap up the current story with Maria Garcia but the fallout with Pete and the family and even the back story I would bet on being left unfinished. 

I actually was thinking about Yellowstone the other day, Ill have to set the PVR and catch up on it later but that one still has my full attention. Not enough time damnit.

Edited by Viva la FCB

• Subscriber

We definitely wont get a proper ending especially if they had planned for another season. They very well could wrap up the current story with Maria Garcia but the fallout with Pete and the family and even the back story I would bet on being left unfinished. 

I actually was thinking about Yellowstone the other day, Ill have to set the PVR and catch up on it later but that one still has my full attention. Not enough time damnit.

That, and also the whole storyline of old Jeannie McCullough in modern times is getting completely ignored as well. I wouldn't mind but then there was no need to introduce it at all if they aren't going anywhere with it. They'll probably show her dying or something, bringing the end to the family saga.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

That, and also the whole storyline of old Jeannie McCullough in modern times is getting completely ignored as well. I wouldn't mind but then there was no need to introduce it at all if they aren't going anywhere with it. They'll probably show her dying or something, bringing the end to the family saga.

Thats a good point I forgot about that one entirely. Always sucks when shows get cut short. Firefly is still my number 1 gripe in that regard...

• Subscriber

Thats a good point I forgot about that one entirely. Always sucks when shows get cut short. Firefly is still my number 1 gripe in that regard...

Haha I tried watching Firefly as per your recommendation... couldn't stand the main character though so had to stop xD 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha I tried watching Firefly as per your recommendation... couldn't stand the main character though so had to stop xD 

I dont think we can be friends anymore. I searched hard to find a relevant Firefly gif to voice my displeasure, I hope these will do.

tumblr_lzhonzeX0a1qd5zkno2_500.gif

tumblr_me6cn7fFVJ1qbydpto1_500.gif

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I dont think we can be friends anymore. I searched hard to find a relevant Firefly gif to voice my displeasure, I hope these will do.

tumblr_lzhonzeX0a1qd5zkno2_500.gif

tumblr_me6cn7fFVJ1qbydpto1_500.gif

Sorry... I tried hard to like it; I really did! Definitely looked like the type of movie/series I would enjoy too.

I call it the Tom Cruise Effect; some actors just make it unwatchable for me xD 

• Like 1

On 20/06/2019 at 19:33, nudge said:

I was going to flag that for you but seems you are already a step ahead of me.... I will continue to watch it, any reason you won't bother with the second season?? 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I was going to flag that for you but seems you are already a step ahead of me.... I will continue to watch it, any reason you won't bother with the second season?? 

I don't know... I started losing interest as the season progressed. Everyone's fucking crazy in that show xD 

Watched a show called Alone last night, think it's on it's 5th or 6th season now where 10 people get dumped miles apart in some remote location and have to be the last man standing to claim £500,000 in prize money... They get a choice of 10 items to take with them and then have to source their own shelter, water, food etc until they they can't take it anymore and tap out... Watched the first 3 of season 1 last night and some of these blokes just don't have a clue what they are letting themselves in for.. Might sound good while talking survival in your man cave to the kids but the harsh realities are waaayyy different when you are out there surrounded by Black Bears and Wolves in the pitch black dead of night with only a bit of tarpaulin stretched over a branch for protection... 

Found it interesting how they cope, or not as the case usually is...

If you want to see grown men who probably gave it the big-un down the boozer in front of their mates seriously cacking themselves the first night they hear Wolves howling or Bears moving through the undergrowth then give this a watch.. B|

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Watched a show called Alone last night, think it's on it's 5th or 6th season now where 10 people get dumped miles apart in some remote location and have to be the last man standing to claim £500,000 in prize money... They get a choice of 10 items to take with them and then have to source their own shelter, water, food etc until they they can't take it anymore and tap out... Watched the first 3 of season 1 last night and some of these blokes just don't have a clue what they are letting themselves in for.. Might sound good while talking survival in your man cave to the kids but the harsh realities are waaayyy different when you are out there surrounded by Black Bears and Wolves in the pitch black dead of night with only a bit of tarpaulin stretched over a branch for protection... 

Found it interesting how they cope, or not as the case usually is...

If you want to see grown men who probably gave it the big-un down the boozer in front of their mates seriously cacking themselves the first night they hear Wolves howling or Bears moving through the undergrowth then give this a watch.. B|

Sounds good... Will check it out.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Sounds good... Will check it out.

I have enjoyed it so far.... interesting to say the least, I am off work now for 12 days so will carry on watching the first season to see how it all plays out, They have a video recorder to document their progress with and a cell phone so they can call in if they are in serious trouble or want out.. Some of these blokes are anticipating being out there for anywhere up to year believe it or not in order to win...  crazy how it plays out on their emotions being in desolate surroundings in dire conditions and it's the little things sometimes that make them cave in... 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I have enjoyed it so far.... interesting to say the least, I am off work now for 12 days so will carry on watching the first season to see how it all plays out, They have a video recorder to document their progress with and a cell phone so they can call in if they are in serious trouble or want out.. Some of these blokes are anticipating being out there for anywhere up to year believe it or not in order to win...  crazy how it plays out on their emotions being in desolate surroundings in dire conditions and it's the little things sometimes that make them cave in... 

Sounds good... Love a good survival show so will definitely give this a go. 

On a related note, have you ever seen any of the Primitive Technology channel videos on youtube? It's basically one Australian lad (John Plant) who is building things using only natural resources available in the wild and refrains from using any tools or materials from the modern world. He doesn't talk while working so make sure to turn the subtitles on for explanations. If you ever decide to watch it, that is! :P https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA/

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

If you are watching it I will watch it... I am easily led like that.. B|

So am I... just finished watching Episode 1 of Alone. Really interesting stuff. Love how scared shitless they are on the very first day; very realistic. Also I know it's easy to say it after watching but I knew Josh was going to be the first to tap out...just didn't expect it to be on Day Two! His fear was obvious on the very first day on arrival; he was almost crying when the crew who brought him in was leaving.

Will definitely continue watching.

2 hours ago, nudge said:

So am I... just finished watching Episode 1 of Alone. Really interesting stuff. Love how scared shitless they are on the very first day; very realistic. Also I know it's easy to say it after watching but I knew Josh was going to be the first to tap out...just didn't expect it to be on Day Two! His fear was obvious on the very first day on arrival; he was almost crying when the crew who brought him in was leaving.

Will definitely continue watching.

Yea.. as soon as they hear the Wolves howling or something crunching through the bushes their faces are a picture... you can just see the fear in their faces especially at night.. simple things like making a bog standard fire in those conditions becomes a major challenge for them... you tend to get a lot of crying.. It's the Isolation, it does things to a man.. On episode 7 now 'The Hunger' 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea.. as soon as they hear the Wolves howling or something crunching through the bushes their faces are a picture... you can just see the fear in their faces especially at night.. simple things like making a bog standard fire in those conditions becomes a major challenge for them... you tend to get a lot of crying.. It's the Isolation, it does things to a man.. On episode 7 now 'The Hunger' 

Isolation is surely tough on social creatures like us and some people are more susceptible to ill-effects of it. I'm only one episode in, but I think those who left families with small kids at home are the ones who are going to suffer from it most; I really wouldn't do it in such circumstances. One of the participants said that having a small kid and a pregnant wife at home motivates him, I think he's wrong - on the contrary, it holds him back and makes him homesick.

However, I'd expect that someone who literally has to fight the elements daily to survive, forage food, start and keep fire burning, build shelters, fight wild animals etc. should not be suffering from too many effects of isolation a few days or weeks in... 

• The topic was pinned