talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

He was in The Raid amongst other things... and Katheryn Winnick... Yum!! :x

Yes; Iko Uwais! ^_^ And she played in the Vikings I think?

Quite liked the first two episodes; a bit of fantasy, a bit of martial arts, a bit of crime. Pretty well balanced; will continue watching.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

How did you like it? Not great, not terrible? xD 

NOW I get your other post.... xD Pretty heavy going in places and by that I mean fairly grim for all those connected to it..  Incredible what happened really and how things were being dealt with just unbelievable... some incredible sacrifices especially the miners who probably brought the only decent laughs to whole sorry saga.. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

And she played in the Vikings I think?

Indeed... 

Image result for katheryn winnick vikings

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 03/10/2018 at 19:30, nudge said:

Watched first two episodes of Manifest yesterday.... 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8421350/

Love the premise, and it holds my attention so far; will keep on watching. Some of the plot lines seem cheesy sometimes, but it has a lot of potential on a whole... Feels a bit like a LOST ripoff in a way haha. Not sure how well will it live up to it though...

On 25/01/2019 at 23:30, nudge said:

Just caught up with the latest episode of Manifest. Anyone else watching? Love me a good mystery.

6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Hey @nudge this seems interesting... 

16 episodes so far... will give it a watch later and see what it's like 

:35_thinking:

I actually enjoyed it. Nothing groundbreaking, even a bit cheesy sometimes, but very enjoyable if you like mystery. Kind of reminded me of those old Stephen King TV adaptations. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

:35_thinking:

I actually enjoyed it. Nothing groundbreaking, even a bit cheesy sometimes, but very enjoyable if you like mystery. Kind of reminded me of those old Stephen King TV adaptations. 

Sorry.. didn't see your earlier posts.. hardly worth telling you about whats behind me when you are already 2 or 3 steps in front most of the time.. xD

• Subscriber

Sorry.. didn't see your earlier posts.. hardly worth telling you about whats behind me when you are already 2 or 3 steps in front most of the time.. xD

I think I will start tagging you in all of my posts from now on xD

• Upvote 1

On 08/08/2019 at 22:26, nudge said:

Wu Assasins (released today on Neflix) is quite good...

Enjoying this.. I like the idea of him being able to disguise himself with the faces of a thousand monks.. the perfect assassin unless you go round telling everyone you save that you are a cook then it wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to narrow down the list of potential suspects would it.. xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I do... didn't know that.. 

Looks really good... 

I'm not too sure it's going to be my cup of tea... I enjoyed Season 1 primarily because the paranormal was only hinted at, so it was all very subtle and the suspense was mainly of psychological nature. This seems to be a bit too direct for me...

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I'm not too sure it's going to be my cup of tea... I enjoyed Season 1 primarily because the paranormal was only hinted at, so it was all very subtle and the suspense was mainly of psychological nature. This seems to be a bit too direct for me...

The first one had a historical element to it as well which made it a pleasure to watch, not sure if this is based on anything from myth or something along those lines but seeing it in this short preview format seems a bit like 'The Ring' some back from the dead haunting entity type series... Will still give it a watch to see how it feels and hope they can carry over some of the suspense and atmosphere from the fist one.. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The first one had a historical element to it as well which made it a pleasure to watch, not sure if this is based on anything from myth or something along those lines but seeing it in this short preview format seems a bit like 'The Ring' some back from the dead haunting entity type series... Will still give it a watch to see how it feels and hope they can carry over some of the suspense and atmosphere from the fist one.. 

Well the historical element here is supposed to be the Japanese internment camps in the US during WWII, I take it...and the paranormal is probably supposed to be the part of Japanese ghost folklore genre (Kaidanshu) so there are certainly cultural ties here. Still not a fan of it as I'm not really a fan of horror movies :( Your comparison with The Ring hits the nail I think.

EDIT: Yes just did a quick search and thoroughly enjoyed this: https://bloody-disgusting.com/editorials/3576746/kaidan-101-folklore-ghosts-evils-terror-infamy/

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Well the historical element here is supposed to be the Japanese internment camps in the US during WWII, I take it...and the paranormal is probably supposed to be the part of Japanese ghost folklore genre (Kaidanshu) so there are certainly cultural ties here. Still not a fan of it as I'm not really a fan of horror movies :( Your comparison with The Ring hits the nail I think.

Yea, shame that... I do like a decent horror myself but they are few and far between as you can predict pretty much where all the scares are coming from in most films that are knocking about.. I like the proper creepy stuff as opposed to the gory horror type films.. I can see that we might have a few challenges ahead on movie night.. B|

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea, shame that... I do like a decent horror myself but they are few and far between as you can predict pretty much where all the scares are coming from in most films that are knocking about.. I like the proper creepy stuff as opposed to the gory horror type films.. I can see that we might have a few challenges ahead on movie night.. B|

I think the only type of horror movie that I like is The Others with Nicole Kidman... so basically the psychological sort with well crafted tension but without gore and jump scares. And then I don't particularly enjoy watching them either as they make me feel uneasy. That said, I really like some Stephen King TV movies but I don't think they really qualify as horror...it's more of a mystery genre for me which I love. Storm of the Century (absolutely loved it!!!), The Stand (one of my favourite novels ever and the adaptation was really good too), Needful Things, and even a pretty stupid one like The Langoliers.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I think the only type of horror movie that I like is The Others with Nicole Kidman... so basically the psychological sort with well crafted tension but without gore and jump scares. And then I don't particularly enjoy watching them either as they make me feel uneasy. That said, I really like some Stephen King TV movies but I don't think they really qualify as horror...it's more of a mystery genre for me which I love. Storm of the Century (absolutely loved it!!!), The Stand (one of my favourite novels ever and the adaptation was really good too), Needful Things, and even a pretty stupid one like The Langoliers.

Hard not to like anything Stephen King does but confess to not having seen the Storm of the Century.. Needful Things was very good and The Langoliers was the first film that sprung to mind when I saw that Manifest preview funny enough.. 

Edited by Bluewolf

• Subscriber

Hard not to like anything Stephen King does but confess to not having seen the Storm of the Century.. Needful Things was very good and The Langoliers was the fist film that sprung to mind when I saw that Manifest preview funny enough.. 

You have to watch it :o 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I will now... I thought it was a film but it's a series, I found it on YouTube

A 3-part miniseries... I watched it some twenty years ago on VHS :D Let me know what you think...

• Upvote 1

• The topic was pinned