talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber

Finally decided to watch Blood & Treasure. Heard about it months ago and judging from the plot summary it looked like my kind of a show but I got discouraged by bad reviews and never gave it a go until today. And I'm so glad I did! Can't understand negative reviews at all; it's a highly entertaining throwback to Indian Jones + National Treasure + Tomb Raider and the likes. Basically a lighthearted adventure/treasure hunting flick with the 80s/90s flair; extremely fun for what it is.

@Bluewolf

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, nudge said:

Finally decided to watch Blood & Treasure. Heard about it months ago and judging from the plot summary it looked like my kind of a show but I got discouraged by bad reviews and never gave it a go until today. And I'm so glad I did! Can't understand negative reviews at all; it's a highly entertaining throwback to Indian Jones + National Treasure + Tomb Raider and the likes. Basically a lighthearted adventure/treasure hunting flick with the 80s/90s flair; extremely fun for what it is.

@Bluewolf

Watched the first one this morning and have to say it was very entertaining, I do enjoy the Tomb Raider/ Indiana Jones style films and at least these two had some good chemistry going, I have seen some similar attempts being tried before but it failed because the chemistry came across as forced and not natural but got a good vibe from these two.. Good supporting characters as well.. 

I did enjoy the Vatican scenes.. I was amused me when he told her that when she offered to take the only chute on the plane that she made it sound like a noble thing.. and his friend there saying they had an Exorcist on site that owed him a favour if he needed him...  xD

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Watched the first one this morning and have to say it was very entertaining, I do enjoy the Tomb Raider/ Indiana Jones style films and at least these two had some good chemistry going, I have seen some similar attempts being tried before but it failed because the chemistry came across as forced and not natural but got a good vibe from these two.. Good supporting characters as well.. 

I did enjoy the Vatican scenes.. I was amused me when he told her that when she offered to take the only chute on the plane that she made it sound like a noble thing.. and his friend there saying they had an Exorcist on site that owed him a favour if he needed him...  xD

Yeah those two definitely work as there's a lot of chemistry and sexual tension there between them xD The pastor made me laugh; there are quite a few chuckles in later episodes as well but nothing feels forced thankfully.

Been bingeing on this tonight after work; 5 episodes in and it's getting better and better... 

• Subscriber

Finished watching Blood & Treasure, perfect summer series for entertainment, loved it. Just realised it has already been renewed for Season 2; didn't expect it due to for poor reviews (still don't get why) but apparently the viewer numbers and ratings have been good so that's a nice surprise :D 

@Bluewolf

6 hours ago, nudge said:

Finished watching Blood & Treasure, perfect summer series for entertainment, loved it. Just realised it has already been renewed for Season 2; didn't expect it due to for poor reviews (still don't get why) but apparently the viewer numbers and ratings have been good so that's a nice surprise :D 

@Bluewolf

Not watched any more for a couple of days but will catch up over the next few nights.. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/08/2019 at 20:15, nudge said:

I'm not too sure it's going to be my cup of tea... I enjoyed Season 1 primarily because the paranormal was only hinted at, so it was all very subtle and the suspense was mainly of psychological nature. This seems to be a bit too direct for me...

Watched the first episode of this last night, does have a lot of the paranormal stuff going on in the first one, nothing creepy but it's there.. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Watched the first episode of this last night, does have a lot of the paranormal stuff going on in the first one, nothing creepy but it's there.. 

Yeah thought so... Keep me updated how it develops.

Don't know if this will interest anyone on here but I have been watching a series called 'Novoland Eagle Flag' on YouTube

I have found it to be very good, Special Effects have been pretty decent for the most part but obviously not flawless but all the same very watchable, Has subtitles and a little hint of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon style Martial Arts which is normal for these kinds of productions but again not overly silly or unwatchable.. Some of the sets and Scenery are fantastic along with the costumes.. 

Here is a trailer for it... only up to episode 4  of 56 ( according to Wikipedia ) 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 30/08/2019 at 16:06, Bluewolf said:

Don't know if this will interest anyone on here but I have been watching a series called 'Novoland Eagle Flag' on YouTube

I have found it to be very good, Special Effects have been pretty decent for the most part but obviously not flawless but all the same very watchable, Has subtitles and a little hint of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon style Martial Arts which is normal for these kinds of productions but again not overly silly or unwatchable.. Some of the sets and Scenery are fantastic along with the costumes.. 

Here is a trailer for it... only up to episode 4  of 56 ( according to Wikipedia ) 

From my experience Asian TV shows and movies can be very hit & miss; some great stuff there but also a huge amount of cheesy overly dramatic ones that are just as insufferable as Mexican soap operas haha. This one looks good though... Thanks for sharing. Will give it a go; I see it's available on Viki too; that's where I watch most of my East Asian movies.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

From my experience Asian TV shows and movies can be very hit & miss; some great stuff there but also a huge amount of cheesy overly dramatic ones that are just as insufferable as Mexican soap operas haha. This one looks good though... Thanks for sharing. Will give it a go; I see it's available on Viki too; that's where I watch most of my East Asian movies.

Indeed, some are terrible but there are a few gems among them, Every now and then I search around to see what's new out there and stumbled on this so gave it a watch.. There is a lot of Asian stuff on YouTube and I mostly watch the films like 'Red Cliff' ( heavy on the battle aspect ) so probably not your cup of tea but still enjoyable to watch if you can tolerate subtitles that is... This is the first tv series I have started watching though.. 

• Subscriber

News on the internet is stating that Netflix are going to do away with releasing all the episodes of some of their popular shows in on release and instead move to a weekly release schedule. I don’t think that’s a bad idea honestly and it will keep engagement numbers high. It does, however, stop all the binge watching.

Edited by Mel81x

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

It does, however, stop all the binge watching

Only at the time of release!

Personally there's too much for me to watch at any given time. For example when the new series of 13 Reasons Why was given a release date, I'm usually like 'ooh, I'll watch it then'. It's now nearly 5-6 weeks (?) since it was released and I've only just started it xD 

There's so much choice and great variety it's impossible (for me) to watch everything I want to even when not binging. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Only at the time of release!

Personally there's too much for me to watch at any given time. For example when the new series of 13 Reasons Why was given a release date, I'm usually like 'ooh, I'll watch it then'. It's now nearly 5-6 weeks (?) since it was released and I've only just started it xD 

There's so much choice and great variety it's impossible (for me) to watch everything I want to even when not binging. 

I tend to do the same. I'll put it on and watch a few episodes then ill move to the next thing I want to do and come back. I do like the idea that I can come back whenever but having a weekly release to me seems better as I then don't end up watching two episodes in a row and can space it out over the course of a week. There is a lot of 'interesting' content and very little 'i want to watch' content and the latter tends to be documentaries or something that is ultra popular at the time. The boys and girls at Netflix must be thinking with all the other streaming services in place right now that its better to keep their users engaged over longer periods versus just handing them content that is packaged for a one-time sitting thus prolonging two things interest and the subscription fee.

• The topic was pinned