talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

On 08/09/2019 at 22:23, nudge said:

Rewatching LOST. 3 seasons in already; still as great as ever.

Have you seen 'The I Land' series?? 

Sounds awfully familiar... :ph34r:

Ten people wake up on an enigmatic island missing their memories. Instead of answers, they find danger -- in the water and in one another.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Have you seen 'The I Land' series?? 

Sounds awfully familiar... :ph34r:

Ten people wake up on an enigmatic island missing their memories. Instead of answers, they find danger -- in the water and in one another.

Just googled it and it even looks like a LOST ripoff xD 

11c3c86d2f12e8ca1bc37b4fed683d.png_1200x

Will have to check it out even with all those bad reviews... Have you watched it then? 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Just googled it and it even looks like a LOST ripoff xD 

11c3c86d2f12e8ca1bc37b4fed683d.png_1200x

Will have to check it out even with all those bad reviews... Have you watched it then? 

Not seen it at all, it's just flashed up on my movie site ( 7 episodes ) and thought the same... A lost rip off

Thought you were going to tell me you had already seen it and hated it.. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Not seen it at all, it's just flashed up on my movie site ( 7 episodes ) and thought the same... A lost rip off

Thought you were going to tell me you had already seen it and hated it.. :ph34r:

Nah haven't even heard about it... Will give it a go tonight after work! Will probably hate it anyway.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Honestly despise shows/movies where foreigners are speaking English with a fake foreign accent vs actually speaking the country’s language. 

I despise it even more when they have "foreigners" speaking their native language but it's so broken and butchered you can't even understand it. I'm not even talking about some obscure languages but it's also usually the case whenever a character starts speaking German, Russian, French, Mandarin, etc. Which is ridiculous as I'm sure it's not that hard to find an actor in Hollywood who can actually speak one of those languages or at least find a fluent voice substitute and use it...

Signs and documents etc. that are written in gibberish are even worse; just screams of laziness and ignorance... Especially the case when it comes to Russian language. Best example:

DSjvD73XUAAB-aL.jpg

So apparently his name is supposed to be Foma Kiniaev but the "original Cyrillic" says Ashchf Lshtshfum xD 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

@nudge Watching the new series on Netflix the Spy, and they have an American actor, playing an Israeli, and speaking in a fake foreign accent :dam:

Oh I still have to check that one out too... And yeah fake accents are annoying haha.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

@nudge take a look at 'Undone'

Watched the first and Second episode and it's a bit weird but intriguing... It's real footage but gone over as animation... each episode is 22 minutes long and I think you might find it interesting... 

Interesting... Just watched the trailer, looks like a mix of Waking Life and Scanner Darkly. The subject material looks like something I'd enjoy indeed so I'll give it a go. Cheers for the heads up!

P.S. I watched 10 minutes of The Iland already :D 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

I saw it up to the point where she gets the knife off that woman and then that bloke comes running up and then had to go out..

I watched a bit past that (just a few minutes) and had to go out as well :D I recognise the actress that plays the main (?) character from The Crossing; a decent show that also tried to copy LOST in many aspects (though not as blatantly as this one) and suffered from cliches and pretty low budget, I suspect. And then it got cancelled after Season One.The same thing will happen to Manifest next, I guess - which I actually found quite a bit enjoyable.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I watched a bit past that (just a few minutes) and had to go out as well :D I recognise the actress that plays the main (?) character from The Crossing; a decent show that also tried to copy LOST in many aspects (though not as blatantly as this one) and suffered from cliches and pretty low budget, I suspect. And then it got cancelled after Season One.The same thing will happen to Manifest next, I guess - which I actually found quite a bit enjoyable.

The trailer looks interesting for it so might stick with it a bit unless the acting is poor then I will probably ditch it quicker than a musical... 

• Haha 1

On 12/09/2019 at 20:06, Bluewolf said:

I hope not, I watched the trailer for it this morning... caught it on IMDb

I've watched all but the last 2 episodes(as they uploaded them all at once) this weekend and it's been class. It hasn't lost that grittiness and it has gotten better as it has progressed.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Fargo Season 2. Took me longer to get into than Season 1, but turned out to be very thrilling too. The ending was a bit underwhelming but all in all, brilliant television again. Although, it also lacked the humour that I loved about Season 1. Season 1 is still miles ahead IMO. Now onto season 3. Ewan McGregor, nice. 

• Subscriber

Just been watching some old shows with the wife 'Wheel of Fortune' (1988) with Nicky Campbell and 'Take Your Pick' (1992) with Des O'Conner, you can't beat some of these old  shows especially 'Wheel of Fortune' and some of the prizes won, there were 2 brand new cars won by two contestants in the above shows. 

"Bad Blood". Just came across this now on netflix and it seems like my type of series. It's about one of Canada's biggest crime bosses, Vito Rizzuto, and I was impressed by the first episode. Good acting and is based on true events, which always make the gangster genre better.

Also looks up your street @Bluewolf, @Teso dos Bichos

• Upvote 2

• The topic was pinned