talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Administrator

Anyone watching The Replacement TV series on BBC One?

On 09/03/2017 at 0:57 PM, Harry said:

Anyone here well enough familiar with the full gamut of comic book tv shows that have emerged in recent years....?

Daredevil, flash, gotham, arrow, marvel shield, etc. Too many to count.

I wouldn't have a clue where to start with all these and i definitely don't have time for all of them....

Despite being abit sick of comic book movies being the only type of movie out there these days, and not keen to see that roll over into tv also I'm willing to give one of them a go. 

Is it Daredevil that's meant to be the best of the bunch. 

The Dareevil series on Netflix is superb.

Couple of other ones i thought were very good and occasionally go through them again:

• Ripper Street
  • Whitechapel
  • Life On Mars

I've just picked up Peep Show. Started it years ago and didn't like it but with nothing much out now i'm trying again. Think its still mediocre... not sure i'll get through all nine series!

• Subscriber

This weekend started and caught up with Designated Survivor. It's with Keifer Sutherland, who takes over as President after an attack on the Capitol at State of the Union killing everyone else basically.

Started slowly and I wasn't sure about it, but now I have to wait till Thursday for the next episode I can tell I'm hooked on it. Think it's on ABC in the States, but Netflix here. Anyone else watching? Thoughts?

On 09/03/2017 at 0:54 AM, True Blue said:

Daredevil is by far the best Marvel series, don't miss it mate it is brilliant.

Watched an ep last night. So far so good. The lead is quite charismatic. And the sidekick is a familiar face from the mighty ducks days. 

Will stick with it i think.

For the record though as far as super heroes go i find even a mutant spider bite more plausible than a blind man with good hearing being basically able to see through sonar....

• Subscriber

Just finished watching Iron Fist and have to say it follows the same line as Daredevil. The fight sequences are nice and the story keeps you entertained till the end. Can't wait to see what they do in season 2 now. All the references across the show to people like Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Daredevil were a nice touch as well.

Got bored 4 minutes in to Daredevil and switched to Mr Robot instead, loved it, 3 episodes in already. You have to pay attention though as it is non stop talking/plot, any distractions like your phone and when you look back up you'll be thinking "what?"

• Subscriber

Just watched the pilot episode of Oasis: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6268052/

It's a new mysterious and surreal sci-fi show with recognisable Solaris and Dune undertones, based on Michael Faber's novel The Book of Strange New Things and starring Richard Madden. Loved the pilot; very interesting narrative, good acting, amazing directing and cinematography. I hope it will be turned into a full series by Amazon Studios, as it really has great potential.

football forum

Going through The Man in the High Castle at the moment and really enjoying it, I'm only two episodes into it but it's got some good acting and great potential.

It's a fascinating subject that the show is based on too, just how would the world look under Nazi-Japanese rule?

• Administrator

Still watching This is Us and it was quite a moving episode on Wednesday just gone. Some extremely poignant moments which have been built up since the start of the series as you can associate yourself with so many characters.

• Subscriber
On 3/22/2017 at 4:15 PM, HoneyNUFC said:

Got bored 4 minutes in to Daredevil and switched to Mr Robot instead, loved it, 3 episodes in already. You have to pay attention though as it is non stop talking/plot, any distractions like your phone and when you look back up you'll be thinking "what?"

Mr Robot is great and season 2 was a little weird at the start but gets so much better towards the end.

On Sat Mar 25 2017 at 2:53 PM, Mel81x said:

Mr Robot is great and season 2 was a little weird at the start but gets so much better towards the end.

I don't like the twist of who Mr robot is (won't say more than that for spoiler purposes).

It is irritating me. Things were enjoyable until that twist.

I'm on to the first episode of the 2nd season now.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

As a book reader I'm hoping for big things from Ricky Whittle 

Yes, he looks like a good choice to play Shadow!

Also, I made a mistake, the series start on the 30th April only :(

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Gives me chance to clear other shows out. I'd like to know the long term plan though is Gaiman writing sequels?

I hope so! He announced that he's working on a direct sequel 5 years ago, there haven't been any news since then other than him claiming to have "a lot of plans for American Gods" in interviews. There's a short novella (The Monarch of the Glen) which is set up about 2 years after American Gods with Shadow now travelling in Europe, and then there's also Anansi Boys, which is not a sequel, but belongs to the same universe and I think they would adapt it for TV later too.

• Subscriber

Just watched EP1 of Attack on Titan Season 2. Its funny how animation houses take almost 3 years to put out something which they could probably adapt to a tv show if they wanted to without making their fans wait. Still, it was too short but it had an excellent ending if anyone has watched Season 1 which was fantastic as well.

47 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I've finished Mr Robot. Don't think I will bother with it if a 3rd season comes out.

Need something new now. Decided I will try Blindspot.

I loved the first season, and got well into the second. I kinda left with the feeling that if season 3 comes out... I'm not going to rush watching it. 

Did anyone watch The Knick? Thoroughly enjoyed it, absolutely gutted when I found out it was cancelled after the second season - a really interesting concept with some really engaging performances.

2 hours ago, nudge said:

It's crap.

Yeah I switched it off after 5 minutes xD

Then I tried Love but switched that off after 23 minutes.

Struggling to find anything good. How is there so much money in Hollywood? The quality is awful for the investment they make.

• The topic was pinned