talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Administrator

Two of my favourite programme were back this week.

SAS Who Dares Wins

24 Hours in Police Custody

Also still watching The Crown and halfway through 2nd season. Bit slower than first season but still good to watch.

• Subscriber
On 12/08/2019 at 14:04, Bluewolf said:

Hey @nudge this seems interesting... 

16 episodes so far... will give it a watch later and see what it's like 

Have you managed to watch it then???

First episode of Season 2 is out now; I'm about to watch it...

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Actually no I never did get round to it but now I have watched all of the Messiah I am looking for something new... :D

It's quite good... Nothing exceptional and a bit cheesy at times but the mystery part of it is intriguing. 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's quite good... Nothing exceptional and a bit cheesy at times but the mystery part of it is intriguing. 

The missus was talking about it last week when we were discussing good shows to watch but with going back to work it kind of slipped to the back of my mind... If it's getting these many mentions in such a short period of time I think it's my destiny to watch it.. B|

• Upvote 1

On 07/01/2020 at 14:41, Viva la FCB said:

I just started watching Black Sails again from the beginning as I borrowed the discs off my brother. Two episodes in and I love it all over again, shows great. If you havent seen it I highly recommend.

I've always thought pirates are cool - I'll have to check it out.

I just started The Spy on Netflix.

• Subscriber
On 30/12/2019 at 13:56, Stan said:

Have started watching The Crown as the missus was in to it. Didn't think I'd enjoy it and now I'm gripped to it as much as she is. Blitzing through first season already. 

On 30/12/2019 at 19:56, CaaC (John) said:

Watched it last night with the wife breezed through about 6 episodes before we hit the sack, spotted John Lithgow from 'The Third Rock From The Sun' as Sir Winston Churchill, brilliant, and we quite enjoyed it.

Completely lost track of this compliments of the wife, she keeps watching episode after episode if I am not around and it's annoying, the episode she was watching last I noticed I presumed it was something to do with Teddy Heath as PM I think it was, I can't be sure but it looked like police battling with striking miners?   

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Completely lost track of this compliments of the wife, she keeps watching episode after episode if I am not around and it's annoying, the episode she was watching last I noticed I presumed it was something to do with Teddy Heath as PM I think it was, I can't be sure but it looked like police battling with striking miners?   

If that's season 3 which it sounds like it could be then I'm not there yet. Just about to finish season 2. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

If that's season 3 which it sounds like it could be then I'm not there yet. Just about to finish season 2. 

47 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

That's the wife just put it on again, Season 3 Episode 10.

Laugh a minute @Stan, the wife did not realise that she had watched all the Series and Episodes and was trying to find series 4 until I found out and told her Netflix won't be releasing Series 4 until November, December all she would say was "Bloody hell, I've got to wait that long..."  xD

The Crown season 4: When’s it released on Netflix? What’s going to happen?

Just finished a French show called, Marseille, which was watchable but lost the plot on Season 2 (and thus got cancelled). 

But I've been watching a lot of shows on Netflix, particularly in foreign languages. Some of the ones I recommend are Better than Us and  Можер

• Subscriber

Season two of Sex Education is out on Netlfix now so going to be watching that across the coming days. Watched the first episode of the new season and the opening was fantastic! The best part of the opening montage was this part...

Wow, the thumbnail kinda gives it away!

Edited by Pyfish
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

*cough* The Expanse *cough*

I tried to get into it, but I'm somehow not in the mood for Sci-Fi at the moment. I don't know, it's only temporarily. It's still on "the list". 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I tried to get into it, but I'm somehow not in the mood for Sci-Fi at the moment. I don't know, it's only temporarily. It's still on "the list". 

You are dead to me..... 

Anyone else catch the first episode of Avenue 5?? 

Light hearted sci-fi about a giant P&O style space cruiser that was on a 3 month cruise and has an 'incident' and gets knocked 3 years off it's course... As a result of that other vital things spring to light.. only 30 minutes long.. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

You are dead to me..... 

Anyone else catch the first episode of Avenue 5?? 

Light hearted sci-fi about a giant P&O style space cruiser that was on a 3 month cruise and has an 'incident' and gets knocked 3 years off it's course... As a result of that other vital things spring to light.. only 30 minutes long.. 

Was considering it but wasn't too sure if it's worth it. Somewhat similar to Orville? 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Was considering it but wasn't too sure if it's worth it. Somewhat similar to Orville? 

I thought it was going to be like it when I read the initial write up but it's nothing like it... bit of a mixed bag depending on your levels of humour

• Upvote 1