talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Polished off the first episode over the weekend and im sort of in the same boat. Its interesting enough with the back story and flash backs to a young Eli being captured that i like where its going. Bit wishy washy on the first one it had some sleepy moments but ill keep watching i like where it seems to be going ^_^

I'm 5 episodes in, and it's brilliant! The pilot was a bit meh, but it's getting better and better with each episode! 

On 06/04/2017 at 0:07 PM, nudge said:

I started watching it last year and honestly just had to switch it off after 20 minutes or so, it was just so fucking weird and pretentious with annoying sounds and strange camera work... I keep on hearing that it's really good now though, not sure if I should give it another go?

Season 2 if you get into it is some of the best tv you're going to see. I personally love it, I don't care if it's bat shit crazy. Kevin in the hotel and Christopher Eccleston's struggle to get Mary into Miracle are the best two episodes. As with lost I fear I'll still have questions when the next 5 hours are done but fuck it, it's brilliant at the time. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Season 2 if you get into it is some of the best tv you're going to see. I personally love it, I don't care if it's bat shit crazy. Kevin in the hotel and Christopher Eccleston's struggle to get Mary into Miracle are the best two episodes. As with lost I fear I'll still have questions when the next 5 hours are done but fuck it, it's brilliant at the time. 

Cheers, I'll try to give it a go then... I loved Lost, and really thought the ending was good, also most of the question where answered anyway.

If you watch American Gods, let me know what you think xD 

• Subscriber
On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:29 PM, R-D said:

Has anybody watched '13 Reasons Why' yet? I've heard good things and is on my to-watch list. 

Currently I've got on the go:

Big Little Lies - only watched the first ep, but haven't gone back to it for a while

Billions

Chance - finishing off season 1

Legion - albeit season is done. I really enjoyed the first season, however fucking weird it got in the middle, and anything with Jemaine Clement gets my approval

Marvel's Iron Fist - finished it now, but largely pretty trash in all

Taboo (yet to start)

Walking Dead - I'm at least half a season behind, maybe more, when I get desperate I'll run head first into a wall, then maybe catch up

And to join in with The Leftovers chat earlier, I watched the first season and really struggled with the second and didn't get all the way through. To be honest, surprised I got through the first.

Yeah, I watched it all a few weeks back. It's very marmite - I enjoyed it but I know others that hated it. It's quite slow at times, and the issue of mental health can be a difficult one to portray but I think they did a good job with it and you certainly feel some connection with the characters. Certainly worth a watch

7 hours ago, nudge said:

Cheers, I'll try to give it a go then... I loved Lost, and really thought the ending was good, also most of the question where answered anyway.

If you watch American Gods, let me know what you think xD 

I will watch it but I'm waiting a few weeks so I can binge watch.

I'm watching the Affair to with the Mrs, can't recommend that highly enough for character drama. 

10 hours ago, Storts said:

Yeah, I watched it all a few weeks back. It's very marmite - I enjoyed it but I know others that hated it. It's quite slow at times, and the issue of mental health can be a difficult one to portray but I think they did a good job with it and you certainly feel some connection with the characters. Certainly worth a watch

I'll keep it on my list for now then. I feel it will be one of those shows where I need to watch pretty consistently until it's done, otherwise I'll lose interest. Much like I'm prone to do.

5 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I will watch it but I'm waiting a few weeks so I can binge watch.

Yes definitely a good shout to build up a few episodes. First ep is properly bizarre, but intriguing. Ricky Whittle is a specimen. 

• Subscriber
Just now, R-D said:

I'll keep it on my list for now then. I feel it will be one of those shows where I need to watch pretty consistently until it's done, otherwise I'll lose interest. Much like I'm prone to do.

Yes definitely a good shout to build up a few episodes. First ep is properly bizarre, but intriguing. Ricky Whittle is a specimen. 

Yeah, that's true, I watched it all in about 13 days, only 13 episodes so not too bad

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

anyone keeping up with The Trial: A Murder In The Family?

First episode was yesterday. A murder case has been created to get inside the life of the jury, as it were. 

48 minutes ago, Stan said:

anyone keeping up with The Trial: A Murder In The Family?

First episode was yesterday. A murder case has been created to get inside the life of the jury, as it were. 

I've recorded it as am intrigued with the format. Hope to catch up with yesterday's and tonight's later on.

I've got too much on Sky to allow me to watch Netflix as well, which I'm a bit gutted with as there a number of shows I want to watch including House of Cards, Daredevil and Lucifer. My current go to shows are The Good Fight, Madam Secretary and Street Outlaws. Like a bit of Fast n' Loud when it's on as well.

Broadchurch was great and glad they stopped while it was still worth watching. Watched the first season of Mr Robot but stopped after the first three of the second series. Wasn't enjoying it at all. Was the same for Billions.

Now just waiting for The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones to return.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Large said:

I've recorded it as am intrigued with the format. Hope to catch up with yesterday's and tonight's later on.

I've got too much on Sky to allow me to watch Netflix as well, which I'm a bit gutted with as there a number of shows I want to watch including House of Cards, Daredevil and Lucifer. My current go to shows are The Good Fight, Madam Secretary and Street Outlaws. Like a bit of Fast n' Loud when it's on as well.

Broadchurch was great and glad they stopped while it was still worth watching. Watched the first season of Mr Robot but stopped after the first three of the second series. Wasn't enjoying it at all. Was the same for Billions.

yeah i've got tons on record so my Netflix subscription is going to waste xD 

However that will change on May 30th when new series of House of Cards is out. I binge-watched the series' on there in about 2 weeks xD

The Trial... programme is very intriguing. My kind of programme because I love the psychology behind a court case and especially from a jury's point of view which this appears to focus on. I've always wanted to be on a jury as well. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

My kind of programme because I love the psychology behind a court case and especially from a jury's point of view which this appears to focus on. I've always wanted to be on a jury as well. 

I'm similar. I do seem to get drawn to shows that are based around lawyers, cases, etc.

Going off track for a bit but I've done jury service once and would love to do it again. Was fortunate enough to get called up to The Old Bailey. Nearly got sent home without getting on anything but eventually got put onto a jury then spent almost a month there. Really enjoyed it. As I'm only 24 :whistling:I've not got a lot of experience to call upon, but in hindsight I wish I had trained to be a barrister.

Edited by Large
Spelling.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

I've only caught 13 Reasons Why every now and then, but I've enjoyed what I've seen.

@Fairy In Boots I've seen the first two series and it was absolutely class, great characters and great acting. Yet to see the third series now.

The Third is the weakest of the three but it's a transitional period so it's not too bad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Gave up on American Gods after three episodes, it's just too crazy and in my opinion, doesn't do justice to the book... Ian McShane as Wednesday is brilliant though, as is Pablo Schreiber's portrayal of Mad Sweeney/Leprechaun.

Starting Le Mans: Racing is Everything now, new docuseries, just enough time to get hyped for 24 hours of Le Mans next weekend, hehe.

Just watched the latest episode of The Son, easily one of the best shows currently on TV for me, @Viva la FCB you have to check it out if you haven't yet!!!

• Upvote 1

• The topic was pinned