talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

1 minute ago, nudge said:

...and?

Watched both... Didn't realise that there were only 2 so far.. xD Interesting, not what I thought it might be so will keep watching.. Didn't they make a film called Snow Piercer a few years back?? 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Watched both... Didn't realise that there were only 2 so far.. xD Interesting, not what I thought it might be so will keep watching.. Didn't they make a film called Snow Piercer a few years back?? 

I'm about to watch episode 2 myself... I think the trailer looked worse than it actually is, I really like it so far - not sure if it's just me but the first episode invoked some real rage in me. 

I never actually watched the movie... 

Just now, nudge said:

I'm about to watch episode 2 myself... I think the trailer looked worse than it actually is, I really like it so far - not sure if it's just me but the first episode invoked some real rage in me. 

I never actually watched the movie... 

Me neither but will assume that it's based on that... It's good so far

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Me neither but will assume that it's based on that... It's good so far

Yep, both the movie and the new TV series are adaptations of the graphic novel! 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 23/05/2020 at 11:02, Danny said:

The OC xD

Never actually watched it in full as a kid so doing it now

Funny enough Im watching it now.... I wasnt going to post here and admit it but seeing as you took the first leap.... xD

My girlfriend owns all 4 season on DVD and its one of her favourite shows, she rewatches it every couple years and I figured id tag along this time. I did watch until around mid season 3 as a teenager. Its definitely alot of cringe but its got its moments, some decent characters, just something easy and fairly brainless to watch. 

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

What did you think of the second one?? 

I liked it. I think it did well to show the other point of view, i.e. it's not just about class differences, it's also about keeping the system running to keep everyone alive. So although the injustice and the upcoming rebellion is surely going to be the center of the story, it's nice to get some dialogues supporting the other side too. Really enjoying the show so far. Quite brutal at times (the arm thing, those poor cows, etc), but not overwhelmingly so. Curious what happens next. 

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

I liked it. I think it did well to show the other point of view, i.e. it's not just about class differences, it's also about keeping the system running to keep everyone alive. So although the injustice and the upcoming rebellion is surely going to be the center of the story, it's nice to get some dialogues supporting the other side too. Really enjoying the show so far. Quite brutal at times (the arm thing, those poor cows, etc), but not overwhelmingly so. Curious what happens next. 

Yea, both the arm punishment showing the brutality and the loss of the cows showing the fragility of the whole system is very evident... Even with the Class issues they have also managed to throw in a kind of futuristic spin on 'Murder on the Orient Express' with all the other goings on so that in itself will be interesting... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea, both the arm punishment showing the brutality and the loss of the cows showing the fragility of the whole system is very evident... Even with the Class issues they have also managed to throw in a kind of futuristic spin on 'Murder on the Orient Express' with all the other goings on so that in itself will be interesting... 

This is the part that I really love! Kind of reminds me of how The Expanse started, with the whole 'whodunit' aspect in the foreground while the big story is developing in the background... Lovely balance.

• Upvote 1

@ASF

That looks class. Spanish films/series are the only ones I watch lately, better than anything coming out from anywhere at the moment for me.

The fella who is in Elite and Casa de Papel(as Rio) is in it as one of the protagonists. He seems to be making a name for himself in recent years.

This was supposed to be in the film trailers bit, if you could move it please @Stanly

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

@nudge Just watching a new Netflix series called 'Space Force' 

Very light hearted and has a few laughs in it... Got John Malkovic and Lisa Kudrow in it as well. Just seen the first one and watching the second one now... One of them 30+ minute time fillers.. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

@nudge Just watching a new Netflix series called 'Space Force' 

Very light hearted and has a few laughs in it... Got John Malkovic and Lisa Kudrow in it as well. Just seen the first one and watching the second one now... One of them 30+ minute time fillers.. 

Saw the trailer a while ago and wasn't too convinced... xD The humour seemed a bit forced. Worth a watch, you reckon???

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Saw the trailer a while ago and wasn't too convinced... xD The humour seemed a bit forced. Worth a watch, you reckon???

It's not a laugh a minute I will give you that and the humour is hardly top notch but it's watchable... but then I suppose it depends on your mood... xD watch the first one and see what you think, It's more a gap filler really

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It's not a laugh a minute I will give you that and the humour is hardly top notch but it's watchable... but then I suppose it depends on your mood... xD watch the first one and see what you think, It's more a gap filler really

I'll put it on my list and then probably forget all about it before I even watch the first episode ... xD 

• Haha 1

On 29/05/2020 at 14:15, Carnivore Chris said:

@ASF

That looks class. Spanish films/series are the only ones I watch lately, better than anything coming out from anywhere at the moment for me.

The fella who is in Elite and Casa de Papel(as Rio) is in it as one of the protagonists. He seems to be making a name for himself in recent years.

This was supposed to be in the film trailers bit, if you could move it please @Stanly

It looks good.

I like Luis Tosar. He was awesome in Celda 211.